Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Volume of our Wembley support etc  (Read 10910 times)
paddieu

Ignore
« on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:20:26 »

Hi folks,

Being deaf I dont hear the singing and general volume any more, and wonder
what you thought of OUR performance in that regard today ? [and compared to
the lot up the other end...]

Judging from where I was in 241, it didnt seem to be much of a singing block,
the level below definitely more active [maybe standing helps !]

Look forward to your thoughts !

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:25:19 »

Was a fair amount of singing going on down in the bottom tier where I was. Definitely think the standing helped!

Hard to compare with Chesterfield, as I wasn't sat amongst them. Needless to say, I'm sure our end would have been rocking if we'd won 2-0.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:30:54 »

Well, my voice is fucked. Block 135 was fairly loud (although the goal took the wind out of it) but the sound doesn't carry too well, we couldn't really hear much that was going on in other blocks until the right side woke up and did the bouncing back and forth PDC's Red and White Armys.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:49:48 »

Was in Block 238, it was a hundred times louder than last time at Wembley, and I thought it was pretty good considering the size of the stadium.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:09:07 »

To be honest we had fuck all to sing about

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:45:54 »

Fans appalling again
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:51:27 »

block 131 and we gave it a lot..... couldnt understand why there were people in the singing section sitting down - bizarre
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:54:23 »

Fans appalling again

Fuck off. Me and my mates sang our hearts out. Not all fans.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:58:06 »

Was in block 131 and the singing was only slightly better than last time and just didn't carry enough, perhaps thats just the way it is at Wembley. maybe it sounded louder to our fans sat along the sides ?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:05:14 »

was disappointed we couldnt even manage a we're going up you're going down.

...or rather anything that wasnt Paolo Di Canio or We Are Paolos Red n White Army or that awful top of the league song.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:11:38 »

Don't really see what the fuss is about. It was miles better than 2 years ago. I was in block 540 with the clouds and there was only one row behind me. But I could hear the chanting from below. Wembley's still magic, and I love it.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:13:08 »

Fuck off. Me and my mates sang our hearts out. Not all fans.

We are a collective and collectively we were shit.

I pretty much lost my voice at one point but i would guess only 20 people joined in tops.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:18:09 »

Fans appalling again

Yes there was some appalling ones today, like the numerous fucking bell ends that think that having a go at people who chose to leave when the 2nd goal went in (some 20 seconds before the final whistle).

If by chance any of you pug faced jizz stains read this forum (and 99% on the contributors on here would not fall in to this bracket), if i want to go after 10 minutes, at half time or after 94 minutes of abject shit then that is my choice. One mongrel in his rock burned Kingswood shirt was shouting "stay and support your fucking team", i have supported my team at every game but 4 this season, home and away, so if i want to fuck off when the whistle blows, or any other time, i will do, cunts. I dont remember seeing his ugly face on a freezing cold day in Colchester, or an even bloody colder evening in Southend.

Maybe its just me but i am getting sick of a minority that think they are that bit more loyal than you, more passionate than you, and they think its ok for having a go at random strangers for daring to go when they want to go. Its not just 1 or 2, as i was leaving other people were getting the same. People may have there reasons for wanting to fuck off, mine were simple, we were 2-0 down in the 4th minute of 4 minutes injury time, i wanted a fag, my 6 year old, at his 4th ever match was gutted, and most of all i was fed up with idiots shouting at me that i aint a proper supporter. I am proud of our team and what is happening at STFC, we will have our day, sooner than later, fire drill or no fire drill.

Aside from that, great day out

Anyway, commence the abuse
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:23:10 »

Yes there was some appalling ones today, like the numerous fucking bell ends that think that having a go at people who chose to leave when the 2nd goal went in (some 20 seconds before the final whistle).

If by chance any of you pug faced jizz stains read this forum (and 99% on the contributors on here would not fall in to this bracket), if i want to go after 10 minutes, at half time or after 94 minutes of abject shit then that is my choice. One mongrel in his rock burned Kingswood shirt was shouting "stay and support your fucking team", i have supported my team at every game but 4 this season, home and away, so if i want to fuck off when the whistle blows, or any other time, i will do, cunts. I dont remember seeing his ugly face on a freezing cold day in Colchester, or an even bloody colder evening in Southend.

Maybe its just me but i am getting sick of a minority that think they are that bit more loyal than you, more passionate than you, and they think its ok for having a go at random strangers for daring to go when they want to go. Its not just 1 or 2, as i was leaving other people were getting the same. People may have there reasons for wanting to fuck off, mine were simple, we were 2-0 down in the 4th minute of 4 minutes injury time, i wanted a fag, my 6 year old, at his 4th ever match was gutted, and most of all i was fed up with idiots shouting at me that i aint a proper supporter. I am proud of our team and what is happening at STFC, we will have our day, sooner than later, fire drill or no fire drill.

Aside from that, great day out

Anyway, commence the abuse
No abuse from me.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:26:45 »

The only thing which spoiled my day was the result. I expected worse from the daytrippers tbh
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: