Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Volume of our Wembley support etc  (Read 10929 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 11:07:01 »

A fella with a lazio scarf and a small megaphone was thrown out for bugger all. He was trying to get people singing and got treated badly imo.

He was on our train on the way up, playing Italian songs through the megaphone. Some old bint pointed out it was the quiet carriage and asked him to stop, needless to say he turned the volume up and carried on Smiley.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 11:08:51 »

I was in block 123 and when Chesterfield scored their second, one of the stewards cheered...cunt!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 12:11:28 »

I was in block 123 and when Chesterfield scored their second, one of the stewards cheered...cunt!

I was also in block 123. I must have missed that though!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Dozno9

« Reply #78 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 12:20:45 »

I've been digusted at, I feel dirty now.

I left when the second went in and totally agree with Samdy BTW.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 12:28:20 »

Should go in the trivial things that make you smile thread but :

Something that I loved about yesterday was the amount of town fans and where they came from.

I got off the train at Victoria (not the usual way into London for town fans), put on my red and white scarf and set off - only to be greeted by some merry town fans on the same train singing town songs.

My in-laws bumped in a fan at Fishbourne station, likewise on the train home to Portsmouth Harbour.
Yeah, and I came up from Angers in France with the wife and 3 kids. Fucking long drive back..........
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 12:39:31 »

I was also in block 123. I must have missed that though!

I was shocked when he did it, the steward behind him kept tapping him as he was so engrossed in the game.
He reminded me of Peter Kay when he did that episode when he is a steward at Manchester Arena
paul backskin

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 12:48:07 »

i was in block 131 and myself and the rest of our bunch sang our little hearts out yesterday! i though the atmospherew was better but as people have said, the sound quickly seemed to disappear and it was difficult to hear what the other fans across were singing, my voice is in absolute tatters today and my throat is killing from all the singing. got to be honest though, im not quite sure what came over me but when the game finished i stayed to applaud the biys and actually shed a tear.  Embarrassed i think i was just so gutted. still, life goes on Beers
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 12:51:20 »

I was shocked when he did it, the steward behind him kept tapping him as he was so engrossed in the game.

Perhaps he was a Chesterfield fan who was too cheap to buy a ticket? Mind you, he could have sat in the top tier at their end - loads of room Smiley
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 13:39:33 »

Thought it started off well......  I tryed a bit of singing myself ( soapy tit wank ) but due to drinking cider in the sun I had one hell of a headache and I was fecking freezing in my Wembley T shirt, as soon as they scored I turned into Victor Meldrew. Really dissapointed, I think we all imagined a different day. But I stayed and clapped when they got their medals too. You win some you lose some. Walking down Wembley way in the middle of a sea of red singing was amazing.

RED ARMY
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 13:43:48 »

I left when the second went in. Jumped straight on the train and was back in Swindon by 5.30.

Fuck standing around to applaud an abject performance like that.

So you don't want to show your appreciation to the fact that the team has done really well all season, got us to Wembley, given us a chance to have a great day out, which, ok was spoilt by the result as they didn't cut it on the day.

I did - but I also had to sign for the bar bill so had a reason to hang about  Grin
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 13:48:11 »

Something that I loved about yesterday was the amount of town fans and where they came from.

I got off the train at Victoria (not the usual way into London for town fans), put on my red and white scarf and set off - only to be greeted by some merry town fans on the same train singing town songs.

I saw loads on the train into Victoria as well, was bit of a surprise.

The problem when you have such a large crowd is that the groups that were singing were really spread out, so everyone was singing different songs and we couldn't really get the whole end singing the same song.
kaufman

« Reply #86 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 13:48:47 »

Must admit I was taken aback and shocked after the play off final in 2010 there was a lot of fans on here claiming no fucker was singing and our fans were useless.

I think after the return yesterday with the "singing section" we can sum it up that the acoustics in wembley are not great.
But here's the main reason and it has already been mentioned.
In the years I've been....

In 1990 we took the lead
In 1993 we went 3-0 up
In 2010 we went a goal down

Makes a huge difference to the 90 minutes of football and when it all comes down to it, the team have to give you something to shout about.

We move on and look forward to us outsinging Rovers on sat when we stick 4 past them
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 13:57:24 »

we sounded quite loud from where I was sat. Top tier to the left of the goal, Pretty much heard (and joined in) singing all game bar a 10 minute spell 2nd half
Coca Fola

« Reply #88 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 14:36:20 »

This - I was disgusted at the fire drill fans.
I've been to about 30 games this season already and if I want to leave early I'll leave early.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 15:07:53 »

I stayed till the end.

Im cool
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: