Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Austin not going anywhere - confirmed by AF.  (Read 7797 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 14:31:13 »

Austin will be a Town player next season.

The earliest he will go is this time next year so he can't run his contract out.

There is two years left on Austin's contract but the club have the option of extending it for a further year, so in effect he is under contract for three more years. Hence no need to sell him next summer either.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 14:52:09 »

i think a fair amount of our fans get carried away with the value of players.you only have to look at players getting released for nothing to see that austin aint worth anywhere near 2 million.
nochee

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 15:04:55 »

Austin has been linked to Brighton and i can see him going for these reasons

1. They have a new stadium which is mahoosive
2. There fan base now covers the entire SE England
3. They have been promised the winning numbers of the Euro millions lottery for 6 months
4. Charlie has decided he likes bum fun
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 15:10:08 »

There is two years left on Austin's contract but the club have the option of extending it for a further year, so in effect he is under contract for three more years. Hence no need to sell him next summer either.

I assume (maybe wrongly) that at some point Austin would have to agree to the extension and could turn it down.

i think a fair amount of our fans get carried away with the value of players.you only have to look at players getting released for nothing to see that austin aint worth anywhere near 2 million.

He is probably worth 2m to us. I've given my reasons plenty of times within comparison to Cox. However, you continue to belittle everyone else opinion as wrong without any justification, you do it so well...
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 15:11:12 »

Austin has been linked to Brighton and i can see him going for these reasons

1. They have a new stadium which is mahoosive
2. There fan base now covers the entire SE England
3. They have been promised the winning numbers of the Euro millions lottery for 6 months
4. Charlie has decided he likes bum fun

Thanks for the neutral perspective there.  Cheesy
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 15:37:08 »

I assume (maybe wrongly) that at some point Austin would have to agree to the extension and could turn it down.

Going from this quote from the OS, it looks like the option is solely in the clubs favour and they just have to activate it:

The new terms also stipulate that Town have the option to keep Austin at the club for at least another year following the expiration of the contract.

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~1953169,00.html

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 16:20:26 »

He is probably worth 2m to us. I've given my reasons plenty of times within comparison to Cox. However, you continue to belittle everyone else opinion as wrong without any justification, you do it so well...

daft cunt.
i'm just giving my opinion based on what i've read and heard from fans.not trying to belittle anyone.

your post is one of the most hypocritcal ones i've ever read though.never has pot kettle and black been more appropriate.

dave has given his explanation on something, so nobody can ever say anything to the contrary.they must be wrong eh?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 16:30:18 by arriba » Logged
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 16:46:06 »

Thanks for the neutral perspective there.  Cheesy

Surely you mean Neural?  Cheesy
daddylovestown

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 17:14:23 »

I think it is the club that has the option, not the player?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 17:15:26 »

daft cunt.
i'm just giving my opinion based on what i've read and heard from fans.not trying to belittle anyone.

your post is one of the most hypocritcal ones i've ever read though.never has pot kettle and black been more appropriate.

dave has given his explanation on something, so nobody can ever say anything to the contrary.they must be wrong eh?

Did you read my post?

in my opinion he is worth 2m to us, in yours he isn't.

That's fair enough, I've given my reasons as to why I think he is worth that. You've said we are all getting carried away and he isn't worth anyhwere near 2m. Again, fair enough but maybe you could tell us why you disagree so strongly?
manc red

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 17:58:54 »

surey the Cardiff link would depend on Chopra going to Ipswich?

Did Cardiff sort their money issues in the end?
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 19:30:54 »

surely people know by now that those in football say what they have to at the time.i dont think austin will go, but take anything anyone says with a pinch of salt

I'd take anything you say with a pinch of salt for starters. Smug Fuck Off
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 22:38:09 »

Did you read my post?

in my opinion he is worth 2m to us, in yours he isn't.

That's fair enough, I've given my reasons as to why I think he is worth that. You've said we are all getting carried away and he isn't worth anyhwere near 2m. Again, fair enough but maybe you could tell us why you disagree so strongly?

Because lots of players are available on free transfer. That was his reason (or main one). I guess it means that clubs have a lot of players to chose from who would be cheaper and/or the amount of free transfer players shows that clubs are beginning to be more sensible with their money.

I don't think he was belittling anyone Dave, just expressing his opinion and reason.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 22:55:53 »

exactly that si.i dunno how it could be seen as anything but that?

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, June 11, 2010, 08:39:19 »

Fitton confirms Charlie's not going anywhere :

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/8213545.Chairman_insists_Charlie_s_going_nowhere/

I like these quotes :

But Fitton has issued a hands-off warning to the 20-year-old’s suitors, stating that even a £1million fee would not interest him in the slightest.

“To be honest I wouldn’t even get out of bed for that,” Fitton told the Advertiser.

“They would be dreaming if they thought he could be brought in for that sort of money

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: