Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Austin not going anywhere - confirmed by AF.  (Read 7833 times)
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 12:12:59 »

Hello All,

I know we all knew this anyway, but here's a quick article in the bbc I noticed where AF denied any move was on for Charlie to Cardiff...

"Swindon chairman Andrew Fitton has denied reports linking Charlie Austin with a move to Cardiff City.

Newspaper speculation suggested the highly-rated striker wanted to leave after Swindon failed to win promotion to the Championship. Fitton told BBC Wiltshire: "I'm amused. I think someone should ask Charlie. It's a bad story put in by somebody who wants to unsettle the player."

Austin arrived from Poole last October and scored 19 times in 33 appearance. Swindon lost 1-0 to Millwall in their League One play-off final at Wembley whilst Cardiff missed out on a place in the Premier League after being beaten by Blackpool in the Championship play-off final."

Full article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/8730367.stm

Happy days! Beers
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 12:20:03 »

He'll be leaving then...end of the day if the right offer comes in then he and any other players will be off.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
luckyluke699

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 12:22:40 »

Oh of course! Every man has his price, but the point is that price isn't a pack of doughnuts and a voucher for a free big mac any more!  Eat
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 12:26:11 »

I think Charlie well still a little longer.  He still has to prove especially that last season wasn't a one off.  Should he perform like he did last season there will be a few clubs knocking at our door for him
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 12:33:13 »

agreed, think he'll stay at least until Jan.
luckyluke699

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 12:36:15 »

He's on a long contract, and so clubs know they'd have to pay out for him. I reckon there'll be more interest in Jan (possibly a few low offers) with a good offer coming at the end of next season if he performs well...

...but if we're promoted, we'll probably turn that down, I hope!  Clap
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 12:42:37 »

that, or it's pericard and billy bodin upfront!
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 12:52:13 »

that, or it's pericard and billy bodin upfront!
*Shudders at the thought*

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 13:24:21 »

just trying to increase the money we get for him. Wink

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 13:34:20 »

surely people know by now that those in football say what they have to at the time.i dont think austin will go, but take anything anyone says with a pinch of salt
Dazzza

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 13:56:54 »

What do you value young Charlie at?

If Cox was sold for anything between the reported 1.5 and 1.7 million then I would slap a solid 1.6 million on the lad based upon his performance last year and potential. 

At 1.6 million I can’t see many Championship clubs being in the running. 

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 14:10:21 »

Austin will be a Town player next season.

The earliest he will go is this time next year so he can't run his contract out.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 14:12:06 »

Please don't start the whole "how much would it take to sell Austin" debate all over again... no one knows.  Valuations from TEFers seem to vary from £500k to £2.5m which just goes to show the 80% bollocks is somewhat on the low side.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 14:25:09 »

surely people know by now that those in football say what they have to at the time.i dont think austin will go, but take anything anyone says with a pinch of salt

agree. This means nothing. If someone offers £2m cash up front for him he will be gone. Happily I dont think they will -yet
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 14:29:39 »

Our valuation > than anybody else will pay for him (yet)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: