Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Wimbledon - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31206 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 21:17:41 »

Some fans haven't taken to him because he is a greedy bastard who makes a lot of bad decisions as well as lot of good decisions. I'm pretty much on the fence. Some time ago I said I'd take a bid of £400k plus. If the money is right I'd have no problems seeing him go. Alternatively I'd have no problems if he stays. Caddis and Ritchie work very effectively - would Ritchie be as good without Caddis?

Would Caddis be as good without ritchie?
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 21:21:08 »

Some fans haven't taken to him because he is a greedy bastard who makes a lot of bad decisions as well as lot of good decisions. I'm pretty much on the fence. Some time ago I said I'd take a bid of £400k plus. If the money is right I'd have no problems seeing him go. Alternatively I'd have no problems if he stays. Caddis and Ritchie work very effectively - would Ritchie be as good without Caddis?

Would Caddis be as good without Ritchie?

Ritchie may be a bit selfish with the ball at his feet, but through the game his awareness of what Caddis is doing is ace. He often drops back to cover right back after Caddis has run past him, and is strong enough/good enough in the air to do it effectively - he is certainly better defensive cover than McGovern used to be.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 21:32:34 »

I'd rather have a greedy Ritchie than a selfless Gabbi.

The lad has a lot of quality, maybe he does too much at times, but he also makes things happen. It would be a massive blow to lose him.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 21:32:59 »

Matt Ritchie tracks back, helps Caddis, and covers for him when he gets forward. He takes up positions in the box when the ball is on the left, and often wins headers at the back post. He can take the ball clear when he picks up possession in a defensive situation. He whips dangerous balls into the box. He is double marked more often than not, creating space for others. And he scores a decent amount of goals.

Yes, he can be a bit greedy at times. But if he was to leave we'd be missing out on a lot.
König

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 21:37:52 »

I think the rovers match illustrated how much we'd miss Ritchie if he went, we offered no threat at all down either flank. If we get Rooney in and have him on one wing and Ritchie on the other we'll tear through the rest of the league.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 21:50:08 »

Really good, professional win against a side who didn't offer much at all going forward. Everything I think has already been said above, Connell and Ritchie stood out for me.

Also worth a mention the ball Smith played through for Benson's first one-on-one was an absolute beaut. Showed more of a passing range than I realised he had today.

Judging on that performance sigining Benson and Fod on permanent deals means this has already been a very good transfer window, no glaring weaknesses in the first XI imho.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 21:56:24 »

Really good, professional win against a side who didn't offer much at all going forward. Everything I think has already been said above, Connell and Ritchie stood out for me.

Also worth a mention the ball Smith played through for Benson's first one-on-one was an absolute beaut. Showed more of a passing range than I realised he had today.

I was impressed by a few through balls today, particularly those that put the forwards in space. I think the Wimbledon defence made it a bit easy for us at times, leaving the gaps, but it's encouraging that we exploited it.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 22:10:43 »

word

Clems Army!
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 23:32:10 »

Matt Ritchie tracks back, helps Caddis, and covers for him when he gets forward. He takes up positions in the box when the ball is on the left, and often wins headers at the back post. He can take the ball clear when he picks up possession in a defensive situation. He whips dangerous balls into the box. He is double marked more often than not, creating space for others. And he scores a decent amount of goals.

Yes, he can be a bit greedy at times. But if he was to leave we'd be missing out on a lot.

I agree with this, I can't believe the amount of people complaining that he is greedy, when half the people shout shot when players are in space.  Yes he does shot a lot but we often get corners or deflections to our players from these shots.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 23:38:55 »

I agree with this, I can't believe the amount of people complaining that he is greedy, when half the people shout shot when players are in space.  Yes he does shot a lot but we often get corners or deflections to our players from these shots.
[nev]Shoot, it's shoot[/nev]
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 23:41:50 »

Sorry if it's been mentioned but coming away from the game today up near old town and the road was closed off because of an incident, loads of police about. Anybody know what happened ?
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 23:43:14 »

I saw on facebook that it's because the bomb squad were called to croft road..

No idea what became of it, I've not heard a massive explosion.

STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 23:54:00 »

[nev]Shoot, it's shoot[/nev]

It is indeed... I read it as shoot but wrote shot... so shoot me
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 00:05:04 »

I saw on facebook that it's because the bomb squad were called to croft road..

No idea what became of it, I've not heard a massive explosion.
yeah just read the adv site. A suspicious package was found. It was two aerosol cans tied together.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 04:42:34 »

I'm sure i've said this before but i think one of the reasons pdc plays him on the right is so that he can cut in and have a pop, also he has the beating of most full backs to be able to cut back on to his left to swing in some really dangerous crosses.

Nothing is left to chance by pdc and i'm sure ritchie coming infield and having a go from time to time is well within the remit for each and every game.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: