Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Wimbledon - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31495 times)
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:33:16 »

Honestly think theres very little missing from the squad now Benson has signed.

Yeah, totally agree with that SWS, early days and all that but there is definite feeling that a final jigsaw piece is slotting into place with Benson signing.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:35:51 »

I think once he's up to speed then Benson and Connell should be our starting pair. Thought Connell had his best game today, fucking lovely to see the ball stick up top. So strong for a small guy.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:36:29 »

Two great sideshows, as well as an enjoyable main match - 1) the squirrel, who not only ran straight and true straight into the penalty area for a Swindon corner, but also took up an excellent position, completely unmarked until Flint ushered him off.  2) The di Canio show - it was great to watch, when the action dimmed - they may need to install strengthened glass in the dugout though....fascinating to see several of the occupants (Benson in particular) laughing at his reactions!!!  But what passion....and each player getting a hug as they came off.  Excellent stuff which counts for so much in the overall mix of what is happening at the CG at the moment.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:36:46 »

I think once he's up to speed then Benson and Connell should be our starting pair. Thought Connell had his best game today, fucking lovely to see the ball stick up top. So strong for a small guy.

The guy behind me did not agree, and did so very vocally for a considerable period of time. He was quieter after the goal.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:37:10 »

Then the guy behind you is a dribbling spastic.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:37:46 »

you know a player has REALLY fucked up when Paolo's hat leaves his head.

RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:39:05 »

Not too keen on the allusion there, but there were sevarl behind me in the Arkells Stand....it gets very boring after a while.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:39:21 »

Ace result, great team performance and up to 4th in the league gaining ground on Creepy..hope that sums it up in a 'nutshell' (excuse the puns ref that squirral)

#VivaKenBarlow!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:45:22 »

Agree with most of what has been said - today was a job well done, but it did get a bit too close for comfort at times, until we got our 2nd.

Special mention for Connell. His movement was good throughout and he did a half decent job for a average-sized player to play with his back to goal and hold it up. At times he just needs to control it and play the simple ball wide, rather than over elaborate. Hopefully that will come. He and Benson could be a handy front two - perhaps lacking pace, but we should give it a go.

I am sure Benson will score goals. He seemed very dissapointed on the radio not to have scored one of the one-on-ones. He made it clear that he is a few weeks away from match fitness, so I would expect Connell and Murray to start again on Saturday.

Murray struggled today. Off the ball he was good, but less so on it. He couldn't cope at all with the physicality of their centre backs and had little impact.

3 points off 3rd now - fingers crossed we do ok at the weekend and Cheltenham get an absolute hammering, and hopefully throw them off course.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:47:07 by The Moonraker » Logged
stfcinbmth

« Reply #249 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:55:28 »

I was going to say fuckwit, I know I've said it before but Connell does a brilliant job holding the ball up, bringing others into play and generally being a pain in the arse to the opponents defence, works so hard and he will score goals
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 19:10:21 »

Just noticed we haven't conceded a goal at home in the league for nearly 3 months now (in the 3-3 draw with Hereford).

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 19:44:06 »

I've previously been impressed how Connell holds the ball up, so it's nice to see that noted by other fans today.
I am at a loss to understand why he hasn't had a run in the side. Hopefully he will now get it.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #252 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 19:51:21 »

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the ref and his assistants who were completely fucking useless. The season of goodwill to all men is over so fuck them. Goal kicks that were corners and vice versa. I did particularly like when Kennedy was cleaned out by the corner flag for play to be waved on.
As for the game i'd hate to see Wimbledon week in, week out. They parked the bus and kicked, pushed and shoved anything in a red shirt. They were absolute shite and the winger could probably add a yard of pace if he cut his 70's affro to be more airodynamic.
MOM for me was Connell. Benson will be a class signing. I do feel, however, we need a big man striker - although he's ginger and Rovers, Harrald wouldn't be a shit signing.
Everyone played OKish. It was a difficult game but Kennedy needs to get a bit sharper, which will hopefully come with a run of games. Ritchie - you are still a greedy bastard particularly where there were 3 on your left and you took the shot on despite a defender in front of you who succesfully blocked the shot.
3 great points and onwards and upwards.  
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 19:55:30 »

Ritchie - you are still a greedy bastard particularly where there were 3 on your left and you took the shot on despite a defender in front of you who succesfully blocked the shot.

Fully agree. We've got the best goal difference at the moment but we would be way out in front if Ritchie wasn't so greedy, especially with games like this, where 2-0 can become 5-0.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 20:00:13 »

what i can't believe is the fact we've lost once in 16/17 games and we're still only 7 points off top but also 5 points away from the Pox!!!!!

it is one close league this year and if we're to get promoted we must keep our run going all the way till the end of the season

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: