Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Wimbledon - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31488 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:10:00 »

Possession
    Swindon 62%
    AFC Wimbledon 38%

Attempts on target
    Swindon 6
    AFC Wimbledon 1

Attempts off target
    Swindon 10
    AFC Wimbledon 4

That sums it up nicely. And remember out of those 10 off target, 2 or 3 hit the woodwork.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:10:26 »

Oh and bennett and drs were looking very sexy today.

Whilst fred elliot looked dead
cheers babe, Fred looked like a dead beige smurf

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:11:20 »

Good, strong performance today against a Wimbledon team with almost zero footballing ability - their only decent player was the winger who came off the bench, won the ball and made good runs.

Foderingham: 7 - solid. Didn't have loads to do but made a good stop when called upon and his kicking was as solid as usual

Caddis: 7 - good work up and down the right flank, and obviuosly got the first goal
McCormack: 7 - very strong at the back, and great composure with the ball at his feet
Flint: 7 - Very solid as usual
Kennedy: 7 - Had the hardest job today dealing with some good wing play, but did a good job and got forward to good effect too

Ritchie: 8 - thought he had a very good game today. A lot of running to bring the ball clear and to get at defenders. Good crossing too, and could have grabbed a goal.
Ferry: 7 - never stops running and always seems to pick out a player in space
Smith: 7 - As usual, battled well in the middle by making numerous tackles and winning headers. I think he also hit the post?
De Vita: 6 - Didn't really impress in the first half as he wasn't taking up good positions. He did look a bit more threatening after the break though

Murray: 6 - Got in some good positions but wasn't particularly ffective in front of goal
Connell: 7 - Made a nuisance of himself, held the ball up, and took his goal well

Benson: 6 - Got into good positions and made good runs. Finishing wasn't great but that's to be expected after 3 months not playing. Looks promising.
Gabilondo: 6.5 - Looked handy on the left against a poor defence. Got stuck in, made a couple of good runs, and played a good ball in for Connell's goal
Cibocchi: came on and didn't have much to do
Wouldn't argue with the majority of that assessment.  Thought Benson deserved more than 6 although he was only on fro 30 minutes or so, seemed to change the game with his movement and knocking balls around the corner.  Personally thought Connell was mom, he worked his socks off without too much support in the first half and thoroughly deserved his goal.  Think the Benson/Connell partnership will shape up well.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:12:46 »

Possession
    Swindon 62%
    AFC Wimbledon 38%

Attempts on target
    Swindon 6
    AFC Wimbledon 1

Attempts off target
    Swindon 10
    AFC Wimbledon 4

That sums it up nicely. And remember out of those 10 off target, 2 or 3 hit the woodwork.

It was actually 4 hit the woodwork!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:14:07 »

That my TEF friends was a giant game of cat and mouse. Wimbledon came to frustrate us and keep it tight, and virtually offered no attacking threat whatsoever.

So it was always a case of would we score, and in those situations there is always the danger of a sucker punch as we become more and more desperate and commit more and more bodies forward.

But not today. Thankfully a (in my opinion) slightly soft free kick won by Connell was well struck and in off the post (possibly both posts) from Caddis.

Wimbledon then had to attack us more, and they sort of did a bit, but it left space and Connell finished the game off.

From then on it was a training ground exercise in seeing how many more we would score. We didn't, but Connell hit the bar, as did someone else, Smith hit the post and Benson had two one on ones, the first was a bit at the 'keeper, the second the keeper came out quickly and smothered it. But you get the idea, it was won at a canter.

I'd be slightly concerned if I was a Don, the excellent fight and physical presence they had at their place has somewhat diminished. But at least they are better than Bristol Rovers Smiley

My only disappointment, after his excellent game on Saturday Murray struggled to get into the game today.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:17:00 by Batch » Logged
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:21:07 »

What marks did the squirrel get this afternoon, it was a straight run down the pitch!!!   Clap Smug Fuck Off
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:23:16 »

Hibern8?
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:25:26 »

Pleased with that today, we showed great patience when trying to get past an all too familiar 'parked bus'.

The first goal changed everything, Wimbledon finally tried to look positive and as a result we really ramped up the pressure.

Connell worked tirelessly, held the ball up well and his distribution was tidy. Took his goal well, instant control and whack! Keeper didn't stand a chance.

Benson is looking good - any player who works the spaces as well as he did will score a hatful. Seem to naturally/instinctively drift into threatening positions, get him match sharp and he'll deffo be an asset. Surprised by his size as well, I always imagined him as smaller, fox-in-the-box type player, but he won pretty much every header he went for, included a great flick on to Connell for his huge lob attempt on the keeper.

Agree with Batch, Murray looked slightly lost for most of the first half, but still managed to carve out a couple of half-chances.

I must admit the possibility of a Connell-Benson partnership is an exciting prospect
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:26:22 »

Wouldn't argue with the majority of that assessment.  Thought Benson deserved more than 6 although he was only on fro 30 minutes or so, seemed to change the game with his movement and knocking balls around the corner.  Personally thought Connell was mom, he worked his socks off without too much support in the first half and thoroughly deserved his goal.  Think the Benson/Connell partnership will shape up well.
That's fair enough. Benson certainly looks promising - hopefully he can get himself up to speed in the next couple of weeks. Also agree that Connell was good. Him and Benson could work well together.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:27:22 »

Once we scored it was one way traffic, they were rather limited skill wise and attack wise although their fans made a good noise until we went ahead and then were quiet as mice!

Hope they do not go down though as we need to remember those franchise Mk bastards stole their club from them and they have done brilliantly to get back so quickly (maybe a bit too quickly judging by their current run).

COYR
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:27:43 »

Very impressed again today.
Honestly think theres very little missing from the squad now Benson has signed.

Would be very happy with that starting 11 for the rest of the year.

Possibly another LB for cover as I don't think Chibboci is goos enough.

Would like to keep Murray for the season and obviously Wes could be the signing of the century. Best keeper I've ever seen in a town shirt.

I'd personally give Connell motm as I thought he did well.

16 out of 17 unbeaten is brilliant.

slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:28:27 »

Pleased with that today, we showed great patience when trying to get past an all too familiar 'parked bus'.

The first goal changed everything, Wimbledon finally tried to look positive and as a result we really ramped up the pressure.

Connell worked tirelessly, held the ball up well and his distribution was tidy. Took his goal well, instant control and whack! Keeper didn't stand a chance.

Benson is looking good - any player who works the spaces as well as he did will score a hatful. Seem to naturally/instinctively drift into threatening positions, get him match sharp and he'll deffo be an asset. Surprised by his size as well, I always imagined him as smaller, fox-in-the-box type player, but he won pretty much every header he went for, included a great flick on to Connell for his huge lob attempt on the keeper.

Agree with Batch, Murray looked slightly lost for most of the first half, but still managed to carve out a couple of half-chances.

I must admit the possibility of a Connell-Benson partnership is an exciting prospect

Completely agree.  Good result today and up to 4th place.  Benson looked very promising even if he did fluff a great one on one opportunity.  
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:29:56 »

Think the Benson/Connell partnership will shape up well.
Agreed. Thought ole Benson looked ace when he came on, just a shame he didn't find the net.

We were quality in the last 10 minutes, utterly tore them apart. Bit of a dull affair till then.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:30:30 »

Good, strong performance today against a Wimbledon team with almost zero footballing ability - their only decent player was the winger who came off the bench, won the ball and made good runs.

Foderingham: 7 - solid. Didn't have loads to do but made a good stop when called upon and his kicking was as solid as usual

Caddis: 7 - good work up and down the right flank, and obviuosly got the first goal
McCormack: 7 - very strong at the back, and great composure with the ball at his feet
Flint: 7 - Very solid as usual
Kennedy: 7 - Had the hardest job today dealing with some good wing play, but did a good job and got forward to good effect too

Ritchie: 8 - thought he had a very good game today. A lot of running to bring the ball clear and to get at defenders. Good crossing too, and could have grabbed a goal.
Ferry: 7 - never stops running and always seems to pick out a player in space
Smith: 7 - As usual, battled well in the middle by making numerous tackles and winning headers. I think he also hit the post?
De Vita: 6 - Didn't really impress in the first half as he wasn't taking up good positions. He did look a bit more threatening after the break though

Murray: 6 - Got in some good positions but wasn't particularly ffective in front of goal
Connell: 7 - Made a nuisance of himself, held the ball up, and took his goal well

Benson: 6 - Got into good positions and made good runs. Finishing wasn't great but that's to be expected after 3 months not playing. Looks promising.
Gabilondo: 6.5 - Looked handy on the left against a poor defence. Got stuck in, made a couple of good runs, and played a good ball in for Connell's goal
Cibocchi: came on and didn't have much to do

About right though i would have given De Vita 8...quality on the ball and quality.

Fair play to Wimbledon and there fans,come along way in a short time.
Alan Mac gets my vote as MOM.....and another mention to Foderingham who is real class.

Also 8,400 was a great turnout,especially us being home on Saturday and many already having tickets for Barnet a week tomorow.....no reason why we cannot go on to win the league now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 18:30:56 »

What marks did the squirrel get this afternoon, it was a straight run down the pitch!!!   Clap Smug Fuck Off

Squirrel 2 - Too easily shepherded out of play by Flint, who must have been 6ft 6 taller than him. 
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: