Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Wimbledon - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31262 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 20:13:52 »

We were 4 points behind at one stage so a 9 point turn around is pretty good.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 20:17:46 »

Decent performance, Wimbledon offered nothing but we kept being patient and we could have had 4 or 5 in the end. Benson looked lively, got into some great positions and i'm sure the finishing will come with more match practice.

Can anyone tell me why the TE were calling Wimbledon's Johnson a cunt and booing him for most of the game?
Dozno9

« Reply #257 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 20:20:10 »

The officials were utter dog shit and if the squirrel was looking for nuts he wouldn't have found any on the linesman, they would not make a decision off their own back all game.

We are certainly gaining speed and with more signings on the way we should go from strength to strength.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 20:21:28 »

Decent performance, Wimbledon offered nothing but we kept being patient and we could have had 4 or 5 in the end. Benson looked lively, got into some great positions and i'm sure the finishing will come with more match practice.

Can anyone tell me why the TE were calling Wimbledon's Johnson a cunt and booing him for most of the game?

Because Connell slid into him and he got up whinging and moaning that Connell had caught him late...made himself look a wuss really because he is nearly twice Connells size.....and Connell apologised and Johnson refused his hand.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 20:23:26 »

Ah ok, cheers Leefer. Johnson sounds like a cunt  Smiley
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 20:27:00 »

well i enjoyed that....the panic never appeared unlike torquay.

good result at the pox i reckon.

Benson looked good....i am quite happy all round.

county hotel full of wobbles who enjoyed the ska mash up.

Clems Army!
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 20:29:57 »

Because Connell slid into him and he got up whinging and moaning that Connell had caught him late...made himself look a wuss really because he is nearly twice Connells size.....and Connell apologised and Johnson refused his hand.

nah it wasn't that - whilst lying on the floor having been tackled connell attempted to punch/throw the ball into the 6 yard box. ref then gave a free kick for the handball. connell put his hand out for johnson to grab him up, but johnson refused because he thought connell was a cunt for trying to pull such a stunt. then the next time they went for a challenge, johnson went right through connell but ref didn't give us a free-kick

ritchie may be greedy at times, but i thought he dictated the game today. his best game for a while
Keroooosh

« Reply #262 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 20:32:32 »

Good result, other results gone in our favour as well! Really looking forward to the rest of this season, Benson will be quality as well
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 20:48:31 »

Just seen the goals. Caddis free kick was poor, keeper should have had that - but then Caddis pretty much said that in his interview anyway.

Great skill, cross by Gabby and finish from Connell. Two good finishes from him both with his leg peg - he is right footed isnt he?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 20:53:25 »

Is Fred Elliot dead ??

He was a shaking mess of a man when I chatted to him in the Legends.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 20:55:59 »

Ritchie - you are still a greedy bastard particularly where there were 3 on your left and you took the shot on despite a defender in front of you who succesfully blocked the shot.
3 great points and onwards and upwards.   

Can't agree with that. In the same way as a striker has to be selfish sometimes, so does Ritchie, and his record this year says he should be allowed to back himself even if he has an outlet at times. He's a matchwinner for us - I still can't get my head around why our fans haven't completely taken to him - in the same way as we people didn't with Cox. Maybe it's because we think they're that good they'll inevitably move on to bigger things and not with us for long....I just don't know.
radicalbyte

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 20:57:53 »

Great result today, hopefully we can keep it up throughout January.

Put a google spreadsheet together showing our points: if we continue our form since the first five games of the season, then we're on course to end with 89 points.  That's an extra 46 points, or 15 wins and a draw.

Since 2005 the top three have scored between 78 and 97 points - in 4/6 seasons 89 points was enough for the title.

2010: 80-86*
2009: 82-93
2008: 78-85*
2007: 88-97
2006: 85-89*
2005: 81-86*

Spreadsheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvO0p933_b0xdHFNemgtRlVKRGRCOWRDTHFYb2tJZnc

My predicted wins are in bold.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 20:59:36 »

oi, stealing my gig!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 20:59:56 »

Comfortable win in the end. Pretty much routine at home nowadays.

I thought we were alright first half but they put men behind the ball and our passing game couldn't break them down. 2nd half we stepped it up a gear and became a bit more direct which made it tougher for them to keep up with us. Nice goal from Connell. He's come good in the last few games. Always knew there was a decent player there just needs more games and a decent strike partner I think.

Ferry was class and Ritchie had his first good game in quite a while which was good to see. Benson impressed me. He just needs more games to get sharper and gain match fitness but he looks like a good signing for us if that's anything to go by.

I'm really confident with the squad we have. A few additions in the next few weeks and keeping hold of our best players should see us in the top 3 come May in my opinion. 1 defeat in 18. That's pretty impressive stats. Focus switches back to the cups again now. Bring on Wigan and Barnet.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #269 on: Monday, January 2, 2012, 21:01:47 »

Some fans haven't taken to him because he is a greedy bastard who makes a lot of bad decisions as well as lot of good decisions. I'm pretty much on the fence. Some time ago I said I'd take a bid of £400k plus. If the money is right I'd have no problems seeing him go. Alternatively I'd have no problems if he stays. Caddis and Ritchie work very effectively - would Ritchie be as good without Caddis?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: