Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester United FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31895 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:12:02 »

We'll see. It's certainly gone a bit shit. Take last season for example, yeah we won the league but we lost twice to Oxford and didn't show up at Wembley, again. Does my head in.
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:12:11 »

great win by the lads , picking up points nicely away from home the losses we were getting are turning to draws and the draws into wins  . If we  keep up the recent great home form then  top 2 is well within our grasp . As seen on saturday, other teams will drop points  . Lets bask in a great victory tonight and worry about tomorrow , er.. tomorrow. And well done all who went  , incredible noise .

'WE WANT YOU TO STAY , WE WANT YOU TO STAAAY
PAOLO DI CANIO , WE WANT YOU TO STAY '

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:12:27 »

To be honest I think he didn't want to answer the same questions over & over about what his future is, because I really don't think he has an idea what the answer is at the moment.

It still seems to me that he will talk to the new owners, and make his decision based on those discussions.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:13:23 »

Great time to get a gull CG on saturday I feel...

That should Tern things around
Barry Scott

« Reply #319 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:13:31 »

Paolo once again deflecting fans attention away from the win. How else could we be 2 points off the top and not be discussing that? He's helped keep our feet on the ground and the pressure off the players. There's more talk about off the pitch matters, so why not use that to your advantage?

Well done Paolo.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:15:11 »

By the weekend I would have thought.

I do hope so.  Assuming it's not bad news of course.

Come on FL pull your finger out in time for the opening of the emergency loan window.  This could be the difference as to whether Paolo is still manager this time next week.
Barry Scott

« Reply #321 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:15:21 »

yeah, i definitely need to find a gif for this

[url width=360 height=270]http://i.imgur.com/0hW4UDS.gif[/url]
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:15:39 »

That should Tern things around

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:17:57 »

Why when Swindon are on the cusp of something great do we always fuck it up ??
Ralphy, take your valium and calm down!!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:24:27 »

[url width=500 height=197]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8th5gzOK21qkiv4h.gif[/url]
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:25:18 »

I think he just wanted to talk about the players. At the moment the majority of singing and questions is all about pdc yet the boys are still doing it on the pitch. I think on this occasion he wants the players to be in the limelight more so than him. I think he would hav said more if he was going, he has too much respect for the fans.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:28:37 »

I didn't hear the post match interview but FWIW I don't think there's any point people trying to de-cypher and break down every last syllable that Di Canio utters. I personally don't think he has anything to gain by walking away now so I'm just hanging on to that thought.

First half was very frustrating tonight, with the final ball being over-hit, under-hit or mis-hit. Enjoyed the second half though, thought Collins made a big difference coming on at half time, Williams ran his socks off, as did Roberts. Wes pulled off a world class save  in the first half (as did their keeper from Roberts right at the end). Could easily have ended up with 3 or 4. I have to say, in the last two games, I've not seen Flint miss a tackle or header - outstanding. Very very solid team performance.

If Di Canio can keep his head we will finish in the top two.

Edit: Oh yeah, the table looks pretty damned good right now - we ain't fucked it up yet Ralphy!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:31:31 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Bert Heads head

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:37:31 »

BBC.com match report finishes with "And it remains to be seen whether the victory, which would have been more comfortable had Roberts and Aden Flint beat Sam Walker with late headers, will be enough to convince the former West Ham striker that his future lies at the County Ground." I hope they're wrong
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:40:16 »

I don't think today's result will make much difference either way. Just a journalistic cliche being trawled out.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 22:41:14 »

BBC.com match report finishes with "And it remains to be seen whether the victory, which would have been more comfortable had Roberts and Aden Flint beat Sam Walker with late headers, will be enough to convince the former West Ham striker that his future lies at the County Ground." I hope they're wrong

Well, to be fair, it does remain to be seen. Pointless trying to work out what Paolo's interview meant. We'll find out pretty soon I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: