Pages: 1 ... 1234 1235 1236 [1237] 1238 1239 1240 ... 3980   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9072870 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18540 on: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 10:01:33 »

I didn't once mention lack of  players/targets red frog, you've picked up on a point I wasn't making.

I'd say a press lockdown is accurate too

------------
kind of expected Byrne to be off and kassim. not so much smith.

this model of business is not what I thought it read going to be. I thought there would be churn to balance books. didn't expect to essentially bin the entire team and start again.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18541 on: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 10:01:41 »

http://totalswindonsport.com/2015/06/byrne-and-smith-could-be-available-in-joint-sale/

Fuck it, just decimate the total team even more if that happens.

We'll be holding trials on mannington rec next week

Surely you've not been expecting these 2 to stay if there is serious interest?  Would completely go against the model, we've developed. It would be good if someone like Udders, or more likely Wendies, took them both, then the bulk of the fee, could be ascribed to Smith, therefore < to Spurs.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #18542 on: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 10:07:57 »

I get what you are saying Reginald, just on a bit of a downer at the moment. The model is good bringing in the cash, i just cant see how you can progress when you have to start again every season.
Flashheart

« Reply #18543 on: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 10:09:48 »

Ha ha. Even reg is being more rational than some of you lot.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18544 on: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 10:12:49 »

why is he more rational?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #18545 on: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 10:12:57 »

I didn't once mention lack of  players/targets red frog, you've picked up on a point I wasn't making.

I'd say a press lockdown is accurate too

------------

this model of business is not what I thought it read going to be. I thought there would be churn to balance books. didn't expect to essentially bin the entire team and start again.

I was just making the point that there's nothing to report, which seemed to be the source of your anguish. I'll be happy if we get good money for Byrne, Kasim and Smith too - it's what we do. We'll be cash-rich, and start the process again.

We broke even this year, we might actually have some money to invest in the club, rather than just the team, in the year ahead, like a long-term training base. We're only two years into Power's plan, and not a lot's gone wrong so far. You might need to be a bit more patient.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #18546 on: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 10:15:55 »

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

Where's my dashcam?

Need to read my Daily Mail...

Wahaaaaaaaaaah.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #18547 on: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 10:28:28 »

See I have been expecting that scenario so it is not a massive shock IMO.

I can't see Byrne, Kasim or Smith being here come August.

Just my opinion not based on anything else.

And yes there is a press silence at the moment at the CG with no communication at all coming from the club about anything with Power etc being unreachable by phone apparently.

I am not worried about lack of signings whatsoever, its still June FFS but nothing at all since Wembley? thats doesn't feel quite right to me.

Just a few reassuring words from our esteemed leader is all we want telling us everything is fine.
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 10:30:42 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18548 on: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 10:33:39 »

that last point is exactly what I was getting at.

on the model as I said I want expecting a total turnover of players. I'm not panicking about that yet, there could still be reinvestment (fees or wages) in the new players rather than loans and freebies.

that said, if it does turn out to be loans and freebies, surely a couple of questions should be asked about why - unless the training ground has swallowed it all of course...
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #18549 on: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 10:34:41 »

Based on everything Power has done since he got sole control I'm not worried about anything in the slighest.

I totally trust the bloke that come August we will have a full competitive squad, manager who buys into our ethos and a pretty healthy bank balance.
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #18550 on: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 10:38:29 »

Lots of supporters panicking about nothing. Power always brings in good young players so come August we will have a team capable of winning the league.
Panda Paws

« Reply #18551 on: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 10:39:28 »

Classic Moneyball approach. It's always the right time to sell a player if you're offered more money than that player is worth. If we get offered 500k for Smith, of course he goes. that's a third of our yearly playing budget!

However, key to that is making sure replacements are in place - and I personally have no doubt Power et al are going to take care of things and have a plan, both for players and Cooper.

Why? Because he's overseen the best season we've had in 15 years on a budget a third of what it was 3 years ago. Surely... Surely that earns a little faith, belief etc?

People using inflammatory language, accusing Power of asset stripping etc is at best incredibly premature. It's business. We'll rebuild, and it'll either go well, middling or terribly. Then we'll rebuild again.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #18552 on: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 10:41:05 »

Based on everything Power has done since he got sole control I'm not worried about anything in the slighest.

I totally trust the bloke that come August we will have a full competitive squad, manager who buys into our ethos and a pretty healthy bank balance.

Pretty much where I stand, based on his record to date. Enjoying the summer.  Too Cool

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
kerry red

« Reply #18553 on: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 10:45:04 »

I think most people thought 2-3 players would go, but not the number that are.

Wes and Williams - OOC, so fair enough

Luongo - we need money coming in to the club, so fair enough

Byrne - only 1 year left, so it's now or get nowt next year

It's Gladwin, Smith and maybe Kasim that we should have tried to keep and build upon next season.

Starting from scratch is a bummer
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #18554 on: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 10:51:25 »

I think most people thought 2-3 players would go, but not the number that are.

When you say go do you just mean sold?
Pages: 1 ... 1234 1235 1236 [1237] 1238 1239 1240 ... 3980   Go Up
Print
Jump to: