Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC V Sheffield United FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26819 times)
RpeedieRed

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 15:01:56 »

MOTM just thought I'd let you know about MOTM as I wangled my way into hospitality last night.
It was Excalibur's MOTM but they let the fans decide on facebook & twitter. So the fans voted for Ferry. I don't do FB or Twit but I would have voted for Louis.
However when the presentations were done Louis T was there too. He might have been voted for by the members suite, so both he & Ferry gave out the cakes & champers & posed for photos.

Oh and the chant from the Sheff Utd fans was: "Sheffield United" over and over and over again.
awful
But at least they didn't have a drum like the Wednesday lot.

Why always Ritchie?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 15:08:47 »

Ta.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 16:16:30 »

Your right the majority of the game they did hit it long especially from their left back to the strikers.  I was just left frustrated that at the very few times some thing was played on the floor it seemed to be them doing it. I wanted us to be making the effort to get the ball down but there was none. Their tactic was definitely hoof ball but we played it more than them. We have the team to play it and play it well on ground.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 17:58:52 »

Ok we did play a bit too much hoofball for my liking too but if it was mainly us why is there a debate between our two diminutive ball playing midfielders for MOTM?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 18:14:07 »

Ok we did play a bit too much hoofball for my liking too but if it was mainly us why is there a debate between our two diminutive ball playing midfielders for MOTM?

That's thrown 'em...

It's All Good..............
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 18:22:51 »

I agree, that is quite good.

Went to see united v Burnley playoff a few years ago and it was great on the tube.

Clems Army!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 18:25:39 »

Agree, and I'd be surprised if they thought their midfielders were their best players last night. They had three great hulks right through the spine of their team so anything in the air must suit their style of play.
On a side issue, itv west news showed the Ritchie shot from last night, great strike and just needed it to dip a second earlier.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 19:15:05 by Notts red » Logged
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 19:34:56 »

Honest thought we played poorly yesterday. Defensively looked alright but going forward was not very good.

Why PDC now has the team playing hoofball most of the time i've got no idea, especially when he leaves benson (the best in the air) out of the team?! Why are we not trying to play football? Last year we played more football than this with worse players.

To be 7th having just got promoted is great. But we have a strong squad and we've dropped lots of points (especially at home) and it drives me mad that we're not playing to our strengths this season.

joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 22:42:41 »

Seemed to me that half of their chants were directed at Paolo too.

At least we have an excuse, he is OUR manager.

That appears to be norm.  I'm bored stiff of hearing the 'Fuck off Di Canio' chant that literally every single set of away supporters sings.  Hardly imaginative.
Dozno9

« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 22:47:48 »

Because our defenders kept hitting it long and the strikers didn't win any headers, the only winner therefore was midfield.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 22:48:14 »

To be 7th having just got promoted is great. But we have a strong squad and we've dropped lots of points (especially at home) and it drives me mad that we're not playing to our strengths this season.

Agreed Riddick, we've dropped a lot of points at home and could easily be top of the pile looking at the league against supposed 'lesser' teams who on paper we should have beaten! The world of football and to be an STFC fan! Still 7th gives us something to build upon and hopefully once we're over our injury patch of the season coupled with a couple of new faces joining we'll be back firing on all cylinders at home!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 23:22:47 »

That appears to be norm.  I'm bored stiff of hearing the 'Fuck off Di Canio' chant that literally every single set of away supporters sings.  Hardly imaginative.
This is right, Paolos name is mostly sung by us in response to " fuck off Di Canio " apart from Evans I can't remember us chanting/ singing about other managers. I can only put it down to envy why opponents fans concentrate on Paolo so much.
Dozno9

« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 23:23:41 »

...and also make shitty paper banners.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 23:28:59 »

They could have used a decent marker pen, rather than a HB pencil
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 23:30:57 »

They could have used a decent marker pen, rather than a HB pencil
I'm surprised they didn't use charcoal  Grin