Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC V Sheffield United FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26881 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 08:53:25 »

The irony of it being Sheffield United fans taking the moral high ground was not lost on me. The darling of Bramall Lane being Ched Evans not too long ago.

People in glass houses etc etc...
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 08:57:50 »

The irony of it being Sheffield United fans taking the moral high ground was not lost on me. The darling of Bramall Lane being Ched Evans not too long ago.

People in glass houses etc etc...

The same United fans that started a Ched is innocent twitter page!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 09:03:20 »

The bullshit you mention is self defence, as Ardiles mentioned. I spend a bit of time putting it together, mainly as i genuinely enjoy it and if people are constantly picking its a natural reaction to try and turn it in to banter which invariably involves blowing ones own trumpet. i aint fishing for compliments, i seriously couldn't give a fuck who does and dont like it, of course its nice to be appreciated but I would rather a town win and 3 points in the bag. As i said last night, i will keep my trumpet blowing under cover, i take your point.

Fair play, it's not just you, this tedium about thread starters has been going on for at least a year. Maybe I'm just getting old

Things get better but they never get good
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 09:22:03 »

Fair play, it's not just you, this tedium about thread starters has been going on for at least a year. Maybe I'm just getting old

We all are Smiley I will focus on 25% trivia and 80% football on Saturday and now on, love Walsall away and a win is a must
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 09:34:28 »

All things considered this has to be a good result, with the players available. Shows what you can achieve with the players we have already.....how many will come in on loan is anyone`s guess. At one time I would be excited by the prospect but now think ` not another load of one game wonders.....

Bathtime
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 10:01:40 »

Some nice comments from Sheff utd fans about last night.

Can't comment on the match directly of course, but I do wonder whether the home side should rename themselves Paolo Di Canio FC. Every chant you could hear from them - and there weren't many - was chanting his name, it really was pathetic. The sooner that gobshite implodes and takes these no-marks back down with him the better.

Seems they might have to learn a few new chants then. Incredibly, di Canio is being tipped to become Southampton manager if/when Adkins is chopped.
That means that Swindon will sink back to where they belong and Southampton will be relegated by Christmas.

Roll Eyes

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 10:17:40 »

Roll Eyes
Back to where we belong? Historically aren't we already 'where we belong'?
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 10:28:57 »

You are also forgetting we have been playing horrendously at home so far this season.

We've not been as dominant as last year, but there have been a number of good performances - last Tuesday for instance, then Brighton, Crawley and Bournemouth. Admittedly, Orient, Colchester and Macclesfield were dire. We're in or around play off positions. Attendance still below reasonable expectations, in my opinion

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 10:42:01 »

Roll Eyes

Something of a fair point really regarding the singing. For every 1 chant for any of our players get there are probably 5 for Paolo.  There was a short Devera chant last night and that was it pretty much it in terms of the players.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 10:48:11 »

We've been like that for a while now though, when Wilson was here the Wilson's Red and White Army chant was by far the most dominant. The only real exception was during Malpas' time when the chant was for Fitton instead.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 10:53:09 »

Seemed to me that half of their chants were directed at Paolo too.

At least we have an excuse, he is OUR manager.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 10:53:46 »

We've not been as dominant as last year, but there have been a number of good performances - last Tuesday for instance, then Brighton, Crawley and Bournemouth. Admittedly, Orient, Colchester and Macclesfield were dire. We're in or around play off positions. Attendance still below reasonable expectations, in my opinion

What do you realistically think a good crowd would have been last night out of interest 10k +?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 11:06:11 »

What do you realistically think a good crowd would have been last night out of interest 10k +?

No, I'd have settled for 9500+, so roughly 1000  more Home fans. Bearing in mind we've got nearly 6k season ticket holders (I believe), the 'occasional' turnout isn't great

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
kerry red

« Reply #223 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 11:17:53 »

Roll Eyes

And this from a club who employed the universally hated Warnock as manager and pledged support for a convicted rapist.

Pot. Kettle. Black
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 11:24:40 »

Aren't they Wednesday's reserve team?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: