Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC V Sheffield United FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26883 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 11:30:10 »

Big physical side who stick to the task and try and take what ever comes their way.

Not nice to watch but gets results and i will be surprised if they dont go up.

If only Wilson had made us like that, instead of a load of bottlers.

Ref was shit (again) but we got away with a cert RED IMO early doors.

Forced us into playing it long at times and they were stronger in the air.....Benson would of been a better bet last night.

Point gained as far as im concerned as they nearly snatched it at the end.

I liked the banner going up...shall we do a Ched Evans one for Bramall Lane?

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 11:31:30 »

As an aside, I was looking at the league table today. It feels to me like we have had a bit of a dubious start defensively, but looking at the goals against column we are actually doing OK.

Flashheart

« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 11:33:10 »

As an aside, I was looking at the league table today. It feels to me like we have had a bit of a dubious start defensively, but looking at the goals against column we are actually doing OK.

Our away form is keeping us up there.

Most clubs seem to win at home and pick up points away to gain promotion. It would seem PDC has other ideas.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 11:36:10 »

No, I'd have settled for 9500+, so roughly 1000  more Home fans. Bearing in mind we've got nearly 6k season ticket holders (I believe), the 'occasional' turnout isn't great
It's a real shame this wasn't a Saturday fixture, was expecting 1k + from them regardless. It was one of our higher profile home games so under 9 thousand may of disappointed the club a little. If we can keep the attendances above the 8 thousand mark it won't be a bad average.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 11:54:11 »

Our away form is keeping us up there.

Most clubs seem to win at home and pick up points away to gain promotion. It would seem PDC has other ideas.

Eh, we did that last year. Got to mix it up a bit this season to keep things fresh.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 12:13:22 »

A handful of points-

1) Keep the fucking ball on the ground!
2) Ritchie's sublime shot early in the first half would have been a Goal of the Season contender if it had dipped an inch or two. An absolute screamer.
3) Keep the fucking ball on the ground!
4) I think we have a pair of real prospects in Thompson N and Thompson L.
5) Keep the fucking ball on the ground M'kay?
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 12:26:18 »

I'm totally confused. I thought the game was dire last night. They were the bigger side and we kept hitting the ball in the air. When the ball was played on the ground it was usually them. Then DiCanio after the game praised our players. I just don't get it.

We are better when we play it on the ground and that just did not happen last night.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 12:31:06 »

This more direct style that we seem to be playing at the moment, do you think this is tactical or actually opponents stopping us from playing football.

It is clear as day from the comments on here that we don't have the players to play hoofball so why do we continue to try and do it? Are the players afraid to try and play football now in case they make a mistake which leads to a goal?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 12:32:56 »

I'm totally confused. I thought the game was dire last night. They were the bigger side and we kept hitting the ball in the air. When the ball was played on the ground it was usually them. Then DiCanio after the game praised our players. I just don't get it.

We are better when we play it on the ground and that just did not happen last night.
Can't agree with that, Almost everything they hit was either long direct or long diagonal, They were playing to their strengths and looking for soft free kicks and the ref seemed to be doing his best to assist them.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 12:59:12 »

This more direct style that we seem to be playing at the moment, do you think this is tactical or actually opponents stopping us from playing football.

It is clear as day from the comments on here that we don't have the players to play hoofball so why do we continue to try and do it? Are the players afraid to try and play football now in case they make a mistake which leads to a goal?

It seems to vary from week to week. It's only a few games ago we took Stevenage apart without looking troubled and played some good football doing it. Not like we played it long all night against Villa either. Maybe they are setting up in a specific way for certain sides and it's just not the right call? Maybe it depends on personnel? Haven't looked at the differences between lineups for the varied performances.

We have been a bit Jekyll and Hyde all season though.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 12:59:46 »

Meh.

Fucking dingles.

Hope they made it back in time to start work down't mine this morning
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 13:06:26 »

Thought Sheff Utd were very average, solid but never attempted to play anything even slightly resembling football.

We dominated most of the game but just lacked the final ball at times.

Also, did anyone have any idea what the fuck the Sheff U fans were singing most of the game, couldn't understand most of it, bloody northerners.

Oh, and the ref was a cunt.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 13:07:34 »

Sheffield united sing the greasy chip butty song, which is one of the best songs in English football.

I can't youtube at work, but look it up.

Things get better but they never get good
paul backskin

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 13:38:42 »

has anyone else noticed that we always turn out hopelessly shit performances every time that we get turned around at the start of the home games. unless we shoot towards the TE in the second half were fucked. maybe the oppo are getting wise to that and that is why we sometimes get turned round.
FWIW, i thought the game was fairy flat last night, having watched gary roberts all season, anyone know why he has started playing so badly, he seems half asleep these days. jay is begining to piss me off too now that he seems to have lost the ability to cross a decent ball. He now has the crossing ability of alan o'brian. nathan at right back is fast becoming one of my favourites to watch, developing into a really good player now. Interesting how no-one is missing caddis these days. TAH in midfield, well he is bloody catastrophic. iv never seen anyone look so out of place before. as a defender i like him but as a midfielder he makes me look like pele. roll on saturday and spank warsaw Pint Pint
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 13:43:23 »

Sheffield united sing the greasy chip butty song, which is one of the best songs in English football.

I can't youtube at work, but look it up.

I agree, that is quite good.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: