Poll
Question: Will Swindon Survive Relegation?  (Voting closed: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 15:46:29)
Yes - 33 (84.6%)
No - 6 (15.4%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What do you all Think.  (Read 3593 times)
santini

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 00:52:16 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "santini"
Here's a fact for you.  I spoke to some players out celebrating and they told me it was 352 first half. Next time I'll ask them to check with you first. Wink

That's an anecdote....perhaps they'd been celebrating a little too hard or were taking the piss out of you.

My fact is an anecdote? Your original "Well most of the time you seem to watch a different game to me. (and BWB)" was an opinion , not one of the facts you "just state"

Too early for them to be pissed.  As for piss taking, I've had enough of that to recognise when its happening ... and that's a fact!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 00:54:29 »

Here's a fact for you.  I spoke to some players out celebrating and they told me it was 352 first half. Next time I'll ask them to check with you first. Wink

That's an anecdote....perhaps they'd been celebrating a little too hard or were taking the piss out of you.

My fact is an anecdote? Your original "Well most of the time you seem to watch a different game to me. (and BWB)" was an opinion , not one of the facts you "just state"

Too early for them to be pissed.  As for piss taking, I've had enough of that to recognise when its happening ... and that's a fact!!

That's conjecture.....
santini

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 00:59:17 »

That's conjecture.....
Which bit?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 01:01:43 »

As for piss taking, I've had enough of that to recognise when its happening ... and that's a fact!!

That bit.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 01:06:05 »

As for piss taking, I've had enough of that to recognise when its happening ... and that's a fact!!

That bit.
Tee Hee.

Time for some Zzzzz. Fact!!
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 01:06:22 »

I just state facts....

TalkTalk

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 01:24:09 »

Cracked it. Ben Wah Balls is Reg Smeeton's son.

Andy King is Reg's brother.

Fact.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 02:50:29 »

Since I'm on t'other side of the Atlantic then I don't get to see too many games ! I've listened to a few of the games and we haven't sounded too good. Furthermore, it appears that we have ground out a couple of results against average teams, got a couple of wins against mediocre teams and lost alot of games to poor teams. Looking at the league table seems to tell a story to me. If we are in the same position at Xmas then we are doomed.

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 02:52:49 »

santini and reg at loggerheads, fantastic stuff
santini

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 09:26:37 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
santini and reg at loggerheads, fantastic stuff
Glad to be able to entertain you.(get a life).  No vitriolic personal abuse, just amusing banter.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 09:48:06 »

i have to say i thought we played 442 too
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 10:42:52 »

I couldn't tell - They kept running around :|
santini

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 10:57:11 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
I couldn't tell - They kept running around :|
Ha Ha!

Flexibility. Able to change shape to exploit opposition weaknesses without falling apart. Gurney's role and position seems the key to this. He can drop back to make a 3 when the FB/WB bomb forward to support the attack. What a difference Iffy has made!!!!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 11:12:45 »

Not having see a great deal of them this season, the one thing that struck me about Friday's game more than anything else was the (almost) complete absence of the long, hopeful 'hoofball'.  We passed the ball and kept it much better than in recent times.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 11:40:25 »

The big factor for me is who stays and goes in January, and who else we bring in to cover. I think we can kee within touching distance until then.

On the other hand we have only won 1 league game since August. We must pitch up a couple more wins before the Crimbo busy period.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: