Poll
Question: Will Swindon Survive Relegation?  (Voting closed: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 15:46:29)
Yes - 33 (84.6%)
No - 6 (15.4%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What do you all Think.  (Read 3553 times)
Sade

Ignore
« on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 15:46:29 »

Will we survive relegation then?

Some people may think Its a bit too early to say but I honestly think that we can do it.Gradually I have seen the confidence sneak back in,and we seem to work as a team alot more since kingy left.The players seem less edgy and nervous,but now look confident going forward and I have definately seen a great improvement in the defence.I think Iffy has done amazingly well and he deserves alot of credit for turning it around.You can see he gets on well with the players and I think he has earned alot of respect from them.I know we are still not quite there,but there is now a two point gap between us and the team above and if we win saturday we are back in it again.
I can't see us getting relegated because I believe we are too good for that(and I really mean that),we have some very talented players,a mixture of youth and experience,aswell as great goalscorer and a very passionate manager who I am starting to think is the answer to our problems.

My answer-YES

your thoughts....

RED ARMY
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 15:49:38 »

i hope we do. i think everyone will agree if we go down we're done for.

jim

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 15:49:55 »

Quote from: "sade"
Will we survive relegation then?

My answer-YES

your thoughts....

Do you mean - will we escape relegation - if so Yes.

If you mean would we survive if we were relegated - possibly not.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 15:51:44 »

I meant will we escape relegation yes.

RED ARMY
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 15:56:02 »

on the basis of our last two league games, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind whatsoever we'll stay up.

that is all
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 15:59:26 »

The only thing thats worrying me slightly is whats going to happen when our loanees spells run out.

RED ARMY
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 16:02:02 »

i'm certain gurney will stay as i can't see swansea wanting him back.

it would make perfect sense for man utd to let us have heaton until the end of the season as he's improving with every game he plays.

don't really mind either way about mcdermott.

i'm not bothered about heath or collins.

bouazza is the only one i can't see us keeping past christmas and that'd be a huge loss.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 16:24:32 »

Hard to say, we will need some consistency first. If we play like we did against Boston then no, if we play like we did yesterday then yes.

Where is the don't know option, I always go for them.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 16:30:12 »

Best form of defence is attack. Having Iffy as a manger helps us in this way. I think we can survive relegation - Iffy seems to have the players playing with more shapness and passion
Spud

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 16:56:17 »

Boston aside, weve showed loads of fight in recent weeks and i think Iffy is the man to take us out of the relegation zone.
DMR

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 17:02:04 »

I think we'll stay up. No question.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 19:09:06 »

We are going up, say we are going up  Cool
alex_stfc

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 19:10:22 »

it can be done. Results are starting to go our way, and the team is starting to gel
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 19:28:15 »

Its still too early to tell, as BWB says a don't know option is needed.  There are a few warning signs that need to have attention drawn to them, firstly all our victories have come in home games when there have been fans on the Sratton Bank....so a bit of atmosphere.

Secondly although a win v Shitty is always welcome in any circumstances they are a very poor side, and apparently that's the best they've played for a while, so aren't much of a yardstick.

If you take the last season we were relegated from this league...in derbies we beat the scum 3-2, Rovers 5-2, drew with Shitty at the CG and won 3-0 at Trashton and 4-1 at Eastville.....that side also had a 10-11 game winless run in the autumn, and although got back to being reasonable, 52 points was not enough.

We still can't win away, and are going to need maybe 3 or 4 wins on the road.....we still can't finish a side off, and we still give away early goals at home through slow starts.

Evidence of some change in these bad habits, is needed before we can relax.
alex_stfc

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 19:30:19 »

fair comment ! ! ! Cool
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: