Poll
Question: Will Swindon Survive Relegation?  (Voting closed: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 15:46:29)
Yes - 33 (84.6%)
No - 6 (15.4%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What do you all Think.  (Read 3552 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 19:58:27 »

Our position still looks bad on the face of it, but I really feel optimistic that we will stay up.

I think Iffy's doing a top job.  I would not have felt this way if King was still in charge. FACT!
alex_stfc

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 20:00:19 »

I would not have felt that way either if kingy was still in charge ! FACT!
santini

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 23:32:42 »

Our first half performance against City was as good as we've seen since the play off games. Even before the sending off, we had so much width and pace and movement that it was just a matter of time before we got real chances. 352 suited us well with Smith and Nicho raiding down the wings. Not many teams will withstand that sort of performance so we should pick up points steadily and climb away from the drop zone...but...

Second half we went 442 and the game changed and we went back to the old edgy Swindon that sits back too deep and starts lumping long balls in panic (Ifilitis)
alex_stfc

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 23:37:02 »

the first half was championship standards, but the second half we slipped into ways that should never have done, like against boston last weekend
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 23:40:02 »

Quote from: "santini"
Our first half performance against City was as good as we've seen since the play off games. Even before the sending off, we had so much width and pace and movement that it was just a matter of time before we got real chances. 352 suited us well with Smith and Nicho raiding down the wings. Not many teams will withstand that sort of performance so we should pick up points steadily and climb away from the drop zone...but...

Second half we went 442 and the game changed and we went back to the old edgy Swindon that sits back too deep and starts lumping long balls in panic (Ifilitis)

We played 4-4-2 all the way through.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 23:50:49 »

I don;t think the second half was BAD
It just wasn't as good as the first. To say it was like Boston is a huge exaggeration. We still got the bal down and created a few chances...well...more than City anyway.

I think that survival is more than possible, and we are CAPABLE of reaching 15th or 16th if we can put in good performances more often
alex_stfc

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 23:54:37 »

yeh, im not sayin we wont stay up, because i whole hearted-ly believe that Town will stay up this season, and now believe we've got our season back on track, and i think with fallon back on wednesday we will beat Boston, and go through to the next round
santini

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 00:00:50 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Apart from playing 352 for the first half.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 00:03:16 »

Well most of the time you seem to watch a different game to me. (and BWB)
Spencer_White

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 00:07:02 »

I think City were the worst team we have played this season (bar Stevenage and maybe Walsall), and if they are worried they should be, cos you can only change your manager once in a survival fight. Plus we were lucky with the sending off / Murray injury.

Having said that city were shit, our players showed a lot of guts to come back and fight their way through the game, and showed some good quality too. Good passing football, good goals. Even sewed it up well at the end when you would have expected nerves to come into it.

My head did drop after Port Vale at home because I really thought we would win that. But its getting better and we can beat the drop, no doubt.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 00:15:07 »

Don't be petulant Reg. Agreement with BWB guarantees nothing. Surely a man of your iconic wisdom can see that.

They are getting enough confidence to adjust their formation to suit the game situation. 352 was what they were first half and it worked well.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 00:15:24 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
I think City were the worst team we have played this season (bar Stevenage and maybe Walsall), and if they are worried they should be, cos you can only change your manager once in a survival fight. Plus we were lucky with the sending off / Murray injury.

Having said that city were shit, our players showed a lot of guts to come back and fight their way through the game, and showed some good quality too. Good passing football, good goals. Even sewed it up well at the end when you would have expected nerves to come into it.

My head did drop after Port Vale at home because I really thought we would win that. But its getting better and we can beat the drop, no doubt.

Shitty were by far the worst side we've seen at the CG since probably, when we played them in April....that night we should have mullered them by  a sackful.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 00:20:15 »

Don't be petulant Reg. Agreement with BWB guarantees nothing. Surely a man of your iconic wisdom can see that.

They are getting enough confidence to adjust their formation to suit the game situation. 352 was what they were first half and it worked well.

I just state facts...you say potatoes, I say pot at toes.  Whereas Dan Quayle would say potatos.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 00:26:57 »

I just state facts....
Here's a fact for you.  I spoke to some players out celebrating and they told me it was 352 first half. Next time I'll ask them to check with you first. Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 00:29:25 »

I just state facts....
Here's a fact for you.  I spoke to some players out celebrating and they told me it was 352 first half. Next time I'll ask them to check with you first. Wink

That's an anecdote....perhaps they'd been celebrating a little too hard or were taking the piss out of you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: