Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Eastleigh Matchday Thread  (Read 39663 times)
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 11:29:28 »

Its completely academic really, but how the ref gave that as a penalty i have no fucking idea. The highlights are from the same angle in the DRS as I saw it, but either way, if the player has bundled Ottewill over first before he goes over himself, in what alternate universe is that a pen and not a foul on the defender.

Again, not that it would have made any difference, but the Ref was an absolute fucking drip all night. where do they get them from?

As someone else has eluded too, i was getting absolutely sick of the "Forward" Brigade last night. Don't win a single ball in the air all night yet they think the solution to our problems was to just lump it up the field, in the vein hope that their back line suddenly lose the ability jump. Fucking hell.

The performance for me was summed up by Dougherty. Usually the talisman and the one to be offering up the smart balls and little bit of hope, even when we're playing badly, but last night looked completely lost and running out of ideas.

Fair fucks to Eastleigh, they were superb in pretty much every department.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 12:00:36 »

Relive the tragic of the FA Cup

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37905132
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 12:07:05 »

I chose not to go last night, as even after Saturday's result, I had no enthusiasm.  

The last 18 months have been dire and show no real sign of improving.  For the first time in years, I have no affinity for the majority of the players and  am struggling to get any level of enjoyment from attending. I'll go to the home games, as I have a season ticket, but unless something changes significantly in the next 5/6 months, I won't be renewing. Judging by recent attendances, I won't be alone.

There was an interesting debate on Soccer Saturday when they showed the goals from the Charlton game later in the afternoon around Sherwood's role and whether him or Williams are responsible when we lose. This needs clarification if he's going to appear in the dugout.
Flashheart

« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 12:10:56 »

Sherwood has already said himself he is responsible for results. His responsibilities have also been well documented.

I don't know why some act as though there is some great mystery behind his role. There isn't. Even the media are acting as though there's some mystery even though they were the ones doing the interviewing when such things were clarified.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 12:21:59 »

Probably not great PR, to be off investing money in another club, when your club has just had a result of historic shitness, and looks like it needs a bit of tlc itself.

The atmosphere surrounding the club has possibility of turning toxic and uncomfortable for Power...let's hope that Sherwood can do something, as nobody wants to see it happen.

In this interview he is on about buying another.
In Montenegro

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/sport/7262024/Waterford-Uniteds-new-owner-Lee-Power-is-convinced-he-has-Blueprint-for-success.html
Panda Paws

« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 12:23:18 »

First time I've seen the goals. Their first two are great finishes. Not much anyone can do with the first one but Vigs getting caught in no mans land for the second. Never a pen.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 12:27:35 »

I found it hard to believe it was a pen at the time and I was in the Town End. Looked lke BOO was tripped from behind, fell over and the easteligh player fell over him with them getting a pen. Very odd decision.

Hoping for another "reaction" pn Saturday but think it will be a comfortable defeat
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 12:30:36 »

There was an interesting debate on Soccer Saturday when they showed the goals from the Charlton game later in the afternoon around Sherwood's role and whether him or Williams are responsible when we lose. This needs clarification if he's going to appear in the dugout.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37938448

Quote from: Power
Power said that Sherwood will "head up all aspects, including transfers, the way we play, the formations and the picking of the team", implying a strong level of day-to-day involvement.

"A director of football is normally someone who doesn't put their tracksuit on and doesn't interact with the team - that won't happen here," said Power.

"Luke (Williams) is thought of in the football world as a top, top coach - that will continue.

"Something needed to change and happen. This season, it hasn't been good enough."

Not sure how much clearer it could be from Power. Then the BBC come up with this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37995970
===================================
Bit odd the business about the earpiece :
Quote from: totalSwindon
Assistant manager Ross Embleton was sporting an earpiece to communicate messages from Sherwood via sporting director Seamus Brady, both in the stands.

Williams was quizzed on how that scenario was going, to which Williams replied 'seamlessly.'

"It is really seamless, to be honest," Williams said.

"Ross is picking up messages and he gave me the message or he takes responsibility to jump up and we are all very secure and we are not people that are easily offended
"If Tim is going to be on the bench, that is fine, if Tim wants me to watch from upstairs, that is also fine."
Seems convoluted.

Think it clears up who is in charge though, not sure I'm a fan of TS being in the stands, but you do get a better perspective

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 12:32:55 »

First time I've seen the goals. Their first two are great finishes. Not much anyone can do with the first one but Vigs getting caught in no mans land for the second. Never a pen.

The first one was deflected. Looked a good finish, but was nearly as fortunate as our first Saturday. Penalty-not for me (surprise).

But to be honest, I think we all agree that making more of those two points would be an attempt to paper over the cracks. 3 shots on target v their 8 says it all.
Panda Paws

« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 12:39:22 »

The first one was deflected. Looked a good finish, but was nearly as fortunate as our first Saturday. Penalty-not for me (surprise).

But to be honest, I think we all agree that making more of those two points would be an attempt to paper over the cracks. 3 shots on target v their 8 says it all.

Valid points. I meant the goal as a whole on their first. The play in the build up was very good.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 12:40:39 »

Valid points. I meant the goal as a whole on their first. The play in the build up was very good.

Oh yes I see what you mean. Good determination to rob us of the ball. Good run into the box to leave the defence dead.

The second goal was well executed, but the defending was diabolical. It was our corner FFS.
Flashheart

« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 12:49:42 »

Not trying to defend anybody, but I'm wondering if Sherwood let Williams take the reigns for this one.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 12:54:40 »

[quote
Not trying to defend anybody, but I'm wondering if Sherwood let Williams take the reigns for this one.

What makes you question that?

I've not seen anything to suggest that was the case, including said earpiece comms and TS appearance in the dugout when it went turd.
Flashheart

« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 12:57:02 »

What makes you question that?

I've not seen anything to suggest that was the case, including said earpiece comms and TS appearance in the dugout when it went turd.

Because it fits in with my notion that Sherwood is here on a consultancy basis to help Williams get it right. Just speculating of course.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 12:58:14 »

They're co-managers as far as I'm concerned.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: