Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Eastleigh Matchday Thread  (Read 39668 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 00:02:41 »

Sherwood's role has been official for what, 4 days? His effect, whatever it is, is going to take longer than that.
I agree.

It just needs clarification.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 00:09:30 »

Which won't happen if he's on 2 years gardening leave, and not 1..
redjed

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 00:24:06 »

People on here are hoping that the January transfer window we will be able to bring in a couple of experienced players, but all i see at the moment is lower gates so lower income, will Powers wallet allow him to fork out for them........I doubt it......
Will Sherwood be able to alter things in the mean time, hopfully yes, but i just cannot see it, players are losing confidence every time they are beaten and when confidence is low, its hard to get the positives going.
Looking at the stats for tonight, Eastleigh, had more of the ball , more shots  and more corners. Things are bad at the moment, but just imagine if we drop to league 2 and play the same way , with same coaching and management team and the same player recruiitment policy, it will be back to the dark days of the early 80s, with just the really hardcore 2000 fans in the CG.
How many of you will still be going to the CG week in weekout, not many IMHO, i did it in the 80s but im to old to do it now, and to be honest , ive become disenchanted with football as well, im no longer a regular at the CG, age and cost prohibit me from going as much as i would like, but Swindon Town fc will always have a place in my heart!

Good news , its not the end of the world today, as its tomorrow in New Zealand
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 02:56:24 »

What actually constitutes a Cup Shock where STFC is concerned?  Getting a draw at Eastleigh?  It's sad that PDC was absolutely right - a statue or whatever after the Wigan game would have been entirely appropriate given the wilderness of cup success either side of his brief but bright sojourn.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 06:36:43 »

Morning...

It wasn't a nightmare...

It did happen...

Headliners on the BBC website..

FFS....

RedJeds post is the stuff of Armageddon....but not outside the realms of possibility.

Took a call of a mate that went last night as he travelled home with a few beers inside him on the bus.

He was low...

Said he felt lower than the no show at Wembley. He's not confident that we can shake off relegation....players are just too young and not good enough in his opinion...

I didn't know what to say to him... I don't know what to say to myself to restore some interest.

I will be there next home game....its the piss up with the lads that's the glue for me now.

Clems Army!
Flashheart

« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 07:24:38 »

We'll be just off the playoffs come January, if not in them.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 07:28:07 »

I think the fact that we've been here before makes the loss less lingering on the mind than events such as Preston North End did (not that it makes losing to Eastleigh justifiable). I can't conjure the levels of outrage than other can.

Until proven otherwise, this  season really is a case of, again, avoiding relegation. Which is deeply frustrating.

The decent result against Charlton needs to be built on in the league because their are sides down there who will comfortably avoid the drop and we need to be one of them.

FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 07:39:19 »

I will be there next home game....its the piss up with the lads that's the glue for me now.
This is the only reason I went last night and the only reason I'm going on Saturday.

I love going to the football and watching Swindon but fucking hell the last 2 years have been awful.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 07:51:25 »

I'm more pissed off and angry than I thought I'd be.

I take this as a good sign in one way, I do still care. and bad in another, my patience as run out already when really we should be digging in to help the team.

I know I'm not the only one , as evident by the town ends "we're fucking shit" chant last night
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 07:55:15 »

and another thing, if tactics Tim is n charge of the entire footballverse then he should be taking the post match interviews.

I want to hear what the man who can change things has to say
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 08:50:12 »

I'm more pissed off and angry than I thought I'd be.

I take this as a good sign in one way, I do still care. and bad in another, my patience as run out already when really we should be digging in to help the team.

I know I'm not the only one , as evident by the town ends "we're fucking shit" chant last night
Agreed. I tell myself I don't care but I felt sick last night and I'm an angry as hell today. I expected us to lose last night but not the complete and abject surrender. I didn't expect all 10 outfield players to surrender so quickly. It was obvious within 10 minutes our players weren't up for it. Heads were dropping all night. The mannequin challenge was alive and well in our defence, midfield and attack last night. Norris being the most obvious example but Jones surprised me. Unhappy all night and capped it off with a dumb booking at the end. Nobody was talking and nobody was encouraging each other. After Norris bad miss, nobody spoke to him.
Sherwood has got a lot of work to do to polish this turd. Anything other than relegation is a bonus but last night stank and I would not slag any Town fan off who said they'd had enough. 
REDBUCK

« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 09:01:44 »

So this Norris bad miss, is it the 1v1 from an angle on the highlights.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 09:03:52 »

So this Norris bad miss, is it the 1v1 from an angle on the highlights.

Yeah, it wasn't an easy chance to be fair, from memory the keeper came out and closed the angle. Certainly not up there with the shit 'no goal' header and air kick at their place.

But it was crucial.
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 09:03:58 »

I've been thinking for a while now that the majority of these players would probably be thriving, or at least performing consistently well in other sides but as a collective they just don't seem to be up to the task consistently enough.
The crowd response after going 1 down was pretty good but by the end it was getting to be as poisonous as the 10/11 season.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 09:07:34 »

For weeks I have been finding it harder and harder to get excited about watching the town, but after Saturday I was probably the most eager I have been in 18 months to watch us. But last night was beyond terrible, it was men against boys and we deserved that result.
On the way to the game I was thinking about the season we drew with Crawley and lost the replay at the CG, far too many similarities between that season and this.... Even down to spanking Charlton on TV.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: