Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Eastleigh Matchday Thread  (Read 39789 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 22:49:20 »

"Same old Swindon, taking the piss"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 22:50:29 »

There's been no real evidence of a kicking on sort of consistency this season.....at least today we managed to put out the same side back to back.

That's the frustrating thing. They more than earned another start. But they played like a different team entirely. It must drive the management/coaches fucking mental.

Of the games we've won, bizarrely all on the back of a clean sheet, it seems once the opposition score the players crumble mentally.
More fragile the Barry Corr blindfolded in a boxing bout with Mike Tyson

The win on Saturday was on the back of some good fortune....namely nice OG just before half time, Charlton without 3 players off on international duty, would normally have got a postponement,  but couldn't because Sky game.
It did, and yes they were weakened. But none of that explains the lack of application/effort/motivation we saw tonight. We were reasonably poor in quality in the first half Saturday, but we got stuck in and worked hard.

Rochdale are pretty strong at home, less so on the road. We've never lost a league game at Spotland, something will have to change between now and Saturday if that particular humiliation isn't heaped onto tonight's debacle of the highest ever CG defeat to a non league side in 120 years.

Oh Jesus, Rochdale on Saturday..Watch us turn them over now. Probably.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 22:51:37 »

At least we have a free weekend early December

It's our now annual mid season break, the players like it....chance to do a bit of Christmas shopping with the WAGs.
lambourn red

« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 22:58:07 »

I left as soon as the ref awarded the penalty I could not stomach anymore getting to used to walking away from the ground listening to away fans singing "your fucking shit" song. Norris is absolutely gash he offers nothing surely we have an 18 year old in the youths who will offer more than him , too many players of conference standard we need a big  change in the January window to turn this around.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 23:04:30 »

Lots seem to think the new year window will be the magic time. Not without serious investment as our budgets already gone up half a million, and we bought Vigs, Norris, and Goddard for 600k+ . Aint happening folks. Few unproven loans maybe, but they'll be hit and miss at best. Inconsistency and other sides being shitter for longer appear to be our best hope. Unless a change of thought/ a gamble happens.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 23:06:33 »

Our situation is not helped buy the Power model. We seem to be massively rebuilding our squad every closed season and starting from scratch every August. Sometimes it works and that means being at the top where even missing out is a 'success' or is doesn't and that means being relegated or scrapping for survival like now.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 23:08:32 »

Who's fucking surprised? We've been like this all season. If you're daft enough to think Saturday was a sign we're now going to win every game 3-0 you're an idiot. This is how cup games work - the non league team get psyched up, the league team subconsciously think they've already won it and capitulate. Could have been different if Norris had played like a striker and actually buried that chance, but was not to be.

At least it's out of the way - with a squad our size, and so injury prone, at least we can focus on staying up.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 23:14:03 »

At least it's out of the way - with a squad our size, and so injury prone, at least we can focus on staying up.

I totally get where you are coming from, and not having a go, but I find this a bit sad. The excitement of getting to the third round (then inevitably getting a disappointing draw) used to be a good thing.

I'd also argue that a good cup run is as likely a catalyst to improving league form as it is a hindrance. But unfortunately those suits at the FA insist that you need to win a game to progress. Bastards.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 23:20:11 »

I totally get where you are coming from, and not having a go, but I find this a bit sad. The excitement of getting to the third round (then inevitably getting a disappointing draw) used to be a good thing.

I'd also argue that a good cup run is as likely a catalyst to improving league form as it is a hindrance. But unfortunately those suits at the FA insist that you need to win a game to progress. Bastards.

I'm not saying I'm not upset about it - with the second round draw, we had a (theoretically) good chance of making it to R3 for the first time in a while.

I'm just trying to find positives in tonight's game and it's all I can find, really! Kasim off tonight just when he was getting back to his best - the other obvious long term sickies (Beaks, Thompson et al). It could be rough if we got more games, thus injuries.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 23:30:52 »

Everyones upset, even the players I'd imagine. Wasn't doubting it!

The way I see it you get a big club in round 3 it can give everyone a lift. Everyone raises their game to try and get in the starting 11. There is a buzz.

Or as you say its a massive distraction, and we get 5 injuries from players trying too hard..

Actually, given the way the season is going maybe you're right!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 23:42:19 »

Strong side. 3-1 I reckon.
Good guess
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 23:48:40 »

Everyones upset, even the players I'd imagine. Wasn't doubting it!

The way I see it you get a big club in round 3 it can give everyone a lift. Everyone raises their game to try and get in the starting 11. There is a buzz.

Or as you say its a massive distraction, and we get 5 injuries from players trying too hard..

Actually, given the way the season is going maybe you're right!

I have a collapsed lung and I have to be in the hospital at 10am - my train is due in at 2. I'm as grumpy as anyone!

I'm not sure what singing "we're shit" and booing was supposed to achieve though,anyone got any insight on that?

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 23:53:12 »

My grandad fought in the 1st world war at age 15,he lied about his age to join up,these cunts can't beat Eastleigh in the FA cup!

No disrespect intended but not sure the two are comparable.

I totally forgot we had a game tonight and only saw the score at full time. I'm slightly confused as to Sherwood's role as nothing appears to have changed? Williams needed to be relieved of the pressure he was under and go back to the training ground but he's still in the dugout and conducting media responsibilities. No surprise at the result in that respect.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 23:57:48 »

Sherwood's role has been official for what, 4 days? His effect, whatever it is, is going to take longer than that.

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 23:58:51 »

I have a collapsed lung and I have to be in the hospital at 10am - my train is due in at 2. I'm as grumpy as anyone!

I'm not sure what singing "we're shit" and booing was supposed to achieve though,anyone got any insight on that?

Good luck in the hospital.

The booing was people being thoroughly pissed off, of course you're right, on the pitch it achieves nothing, but off it? Cathartic release?

As for me, I went to see Ricky Warwick, ex-Almighty, tonight. Fine gig.

Loyal supporter? I'm beginning to wonder... The Preston game really did knock me back.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: