Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: points about bradford game  (Read 4031 times)
Narbs

« Reply #30 on: Monday, February 13, 2006, 14:03:01 »

I would just like to say, that everybody is entitled to their opinion, as I have been told plenty of times on this site,  Cheesy

But I think we can all agree things are looking up, and going well, we cant expect every player to have an outstanding match every week.
As long as they try.

Fair play to mr roberts for working hard to get back into the squad and I hope he can once again play like he did when he first joined us.
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, February 13, 2006, 14:17:40 »

Quote from: "jim"
Quote from: "Mark Hanrahan"
Quote from: "jim"
Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
On current form, I should add.

I don't bother reading your comments on Ifil because they're always- and have always- been total vitriol. As for Shakes, he's young, learning and is getting regualr first team football for the first time in his career.

If you want instant perfection then fuck off and watch Chelsea's wingers.

Dave never assume its vitriol because people see different things to you.  

You weren't there yesterday and so cannot comment about how crap Shakes was.  Everything seemed to go down the right  and NOTHING came of it.

Oh - and your hyphens are in the wrong place.  English students - I've sh?t 'em.

Jim, your point is well made but grossly unfair on the the two ladsl. Dave is right about Shakes, i.e. first time in his career he's had proper first team football etc. Based on that he is bound to have the odd dodgy patch. What he has shown me however is improvement with games played, i.e. pace in the right places, improved crossing, good movement  Were you as critical last weekend when he looked like an absolute world beater?

Likewise with Ifil. We all know he can drop a clanger or two but to go right off the deep end is more than a little harsh. As part of a defensive unit including Jack Smith, Seano and Nicho, Jerel has played a key part in our revival under Iffy.

You are more than entitled to your views but take a look at the bigger picture. As Dave mentioned, albeit it a little too bluntly(?) if you want the polished item, go to the Premiership. We are at this level for a reason, i.e. we can't afford to spend our way out of trouble. However, Iffy is doing an amazing job coaching a batch of raw talents into a solid unit that are all fighting for each other. Based on the improvement I've seen under his reign, I don't envisage us being down here too long - likewise I don't envisage Shakes or Ifil remaining as raw as they are for long either.

Why unfair?

I was there, saw what transpired and observed accordingly.  Shakes was very poor and lacked basic skills that it isn't unreasonable to expect him to be able to exercise.  The problem was exacerbated because all the balls were delivered down that side and so, the pressure was on and Shakes didn't deliver at all.

I have cheered him just like the rest and I can see improvements but, as Mex said, once his party trick of pace was exposed by an aggressive and fast left back, he had nothing else to offer and seemed to lose heart.

Now, Ifil.  He has been around far longer and still, too often, shows a complete lack of awareness.  Yes he makes saving tackles but have a think about how often that is a result of his mind  wandering and him losing his man.  Watch Sean - see how often he is cajoling Jerel into line.

Now, having said all that, the defence, so often the butt of all the negative comments on here, is looking more solid than it has and that's a good base on which to build.

Apologies then Jim. I got the impression you were writing him off completely as shite - which would be completely unfair - not just that last performance.

"Great save, Digby."
STFC Village

« Reply #32 on: Monday, February 13, 2006, 16:02:52 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Quote from: "STFC Village"
Quote from: "stfcbeckett"
A goal at the end showed we never gave after Windass scored for the Bantams, shows we have spirt, confidence and a beleif to go into any match and win it.
We drew Wink
That's beyond the point.
Brilliant! Do you write stand-up?
DMR

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, February 16, 2006, 20:00:53 »

hahahaha hanrahan and ost backed me up

i found that amusing as i usually get slated  Cool
santini

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, February 16, 2006, 20:51:12 »

hahahaha hanrahan and ost backed me up

i found that amusing as i usually get slated

Clutching at straws there DMR, but since you resurrected this ...

I don't bother reading your comments on Ifil because they're always- and have always- been total vitriol. As for Shakes, he's young, learning and is getting regualr first team football for the first time in his career.

... I do bother reading your comments on Ifil and Shakes, even when you weren't at the match, despite them being blindly optimistic and reflecting little on their usual performances.

I know what I'm looking for in good defending and I know what I see too often with Ifil. That is the reality my comments reflect. You disagree.

As for Shakes, he is getting too much expectation from fans and, more worryingly, from Iffy such that he is often our only outlet and on recent form completely wastes 95% of all the possession he gets ie our possession as a team. Did you see the reaction of others in the side when nothing came of it again and again and again - a worrying sign.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: