Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Millwall bid for Austin  (Read 36627 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 21:21:59 »

If we sell Austin before the end of the season then I can't see how it can possibly be 'rebuilding for the future'.  As far as I'm concerned it will be a step backwards and nothing else.  If he has a good season then he's going to be worth far more at the end of it than he is now or in January? 

I know it's difficult to hold on to your better players when decent offers come in, but if they are taken every time, then Dave is right, we will remain in League 1 for the forseeable future. 

When I renewed my season ticket in May, Championship football was a real possibility or if not we would be pushing to carry on the good progress we made last season.  Unfortunately the start of this season has obviously been extremely disappointing and uninspiring so far.  To sell Austin would leave me and I would imagine a lot of other supporters feeling very aggrieved and certainly doesn't tie in with the 3 year plan for the Championship? 
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 07:31:19 »

Every players has his price and if we was offered silly money for Austin I don't think we would be in a postion to turn it down - especially if Austin fancied the move as well, the telling factor would be who we got in as a replacement

Austin is going nowhere this transfer window though anyway
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 09:01:59 »

Major backlash if they let Austin go whilst we are playing shite....

Clems Army!
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 09:07:10 »

It is inevitable that Austin will leave us probably within the next year or so. Selling now would be damn right ridiculous and would really make me question what is going on? We have already lost Greer and not replaced him, lost Paynter and not replaced him, and if we lose Austin we are as good as relegated. Ok the season is 4 games old but apart from Austin no one looks anywhere like scoring and our defence is leaking goal so.... we would be fucked as we would have no time to replace him. Pericard as much as people wank over him is shit and will enver score more than 10 goals a season in a Swindon shirt. So we lose almost 50 goals from last season and replace them with fuck all. If our league position does not improve (which I certainly believe it will) before January then by all means it is inevitable he will leave in January IMO.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 09:14:36 »

All I know is that with the previous b'stards in charge we would have ceased trading days after the date that AF arrived.
So any thing that sees us still putting out a team is progress.
Having said that I agree it would be madness to let Austin go unless for silly money & that in my opinion would need to be 2.5 million plus which I don't think anyone will pay at present. He is under contract, so it's the clubs call. If we were to sell him we wopuld need to have an equivalent player lined up, AND have a healthy profit on top of that. We would not get an equavalent plyer for less than a million (Lambert would be a yardstick)

From the Dark Side
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 09:14:41 »

If we sell Austin before the end of the season then I can't see how it can possibly be 'rebuilding for the future'.  As far as I'm concerned it will be a step backwards and nothing else.  If he has a good season then he's going to be worth far more at the end of it than he is now or in January? 

I know it's difficult to hold on to your better players when decent offers come in, but if they are taken every time, then Dave is right, we will remain in League 1 for the forseeable future. 

When I renewed my season ticket in May, Championship football was a real possibility or if not we would be pushing to carry on the good progress we made last season.  Unfortunately the start of this season has obviously been extremely disappointing and uninspiring so far.  To sell Austin would leave me and I would imagine a lot of other supporters feeling very aggrieved and certainly doesn't tie in with the 3 year plan for the Championship? 

Mystic Dave and the doom merchants (that'd make a good band name) are only right insofar that they have preempted the sale of Austin today.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 09:18:46 »

FOR FUCK SAKE HE HASN'T GONE.

Things get better but they never get good
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 09:19:40 »

FOR FUCK SAKE HE HASN'T GONE.

It's the principle though dave.

errrm!
austin the bricklayer

« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 09:21:45 »

No need to panic people......
Not worried about this rumour at all and as for people saying the club not going forward clearly dont have a clue. we went from an awful season to play off finalists and a team willing to fight for the cause... we lost half the squad and now wilson is rebuilding it give it another month or so before you start panicing.
I just want you to know i am as frustrated as anyone by the lack of movement off the pitch but please can people start showing faith in the club we all love and instead of moaning at games when a few passes go a stray get behind them like we did at charlton away a few months back  Smiley
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 09:23:07 »

I'd be devastated. Especially as we haven't won yet this season so everything is a bit gloomy. Realistically though if a substantial offer comes in and crucially, Austin wants to move on, i think that the clubs hands may well be tied. Lets hope not, i honestly feel a win will turn our season round no end.

What our team needs now is support.......

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 09:35:03 »

You are indeed, i don't mind adding people who i know, but i didn't even know i had b3nny added Cheesy

You don't....

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 09:56:43 »

You don't....

Nor me. We can all see your page...
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 10:41:24 »

Nor me. We can all see your page...

Ahhh makes sence, can't be assed with all that private rubbish.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 10:47:53 »

For what its worth, Austin has said previously he wants to stay and has never once said that he hopes for a move in the future and has also stated he supported Swindon (or atleast watched us), like Simon Cox, Austin knows he will get his move in the future and will get a decent club so he is obviously in no rush to leave because he knows he will get his big move eventually. Other people are dealing with that and when the time comes he will go (likely at the end of this season I would have thought unless we get promoted)
Dozno9

« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 11:34:05 »

The club have officially rejected the bid.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/8362130.TRANSFER_DEADLINE_DAY_NEWS__Millwall_s_Austin_bid_rejected/
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: