Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Millwall bid for Austin  (Read 36160 times)
woolster

« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 12:14:05 »

so say wall have offered 700k, which is there 2nd bid, they are going in with a 3rd, which i expect to be in the region of 1m, that wont be enough to tempt AF, reading on there forum they seem to like us Cheesy
iffy

« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 12:48:12 »

Couple of links from a SE London journo: http://twitter.com/JLSouthwarkNews

"I think - and these are purely my own thoughts - that Millwall will keep plugging away until 6pm. They REALLY want him."

"Swindon Town rejected a formal bid from #Millwall for Charlie Austin this morning. Swindon confident that Lions will NOT make another."

"Confident when I say that it will take a club record fee to get him."

"Hearing some less-than-encouraging things regarding #Millwall's pursuit of Charlie Austin, I'm afraid."
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 12:52:52 »

I don't expect austin to leave for Millwall - I'd be worried if it was QPR that was putting a bid in as they seem to have a bottomless pit of money, I don't expect Fulham as Charlie is nowhere near good enough for the premier at present time - let's hope that talk of a move to the championship has not turned his head though as it seems to do with a lot of young players when bid's are made public and agents get involved
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 13:05:30 »

As noted Austin will get his big move eventually and depending how things go that would likely be in January unless we are "there or there abouts" I would imagine. I doubt Austin will be going anywhere today. WE would be fucked royally. Pericard and Ball are not going to score loads of goals so that would be 50 goals we have lost on last season (Paynter and Austin) and with our defensive frailties right now we can hardly allow our only proven goalscorer to leave given the fact we are almost guaranteed to give away a silly goal right now. The pressure would be well up on the back 4 (if it isnt already), Would be an incredibly daft move to let him go now, equally it would be incredibly daft for someone to bid £2M for someone that has had one and a bit good seasons in league football. I dont doubt the fact he could score for fun the Championship though but £2M is a massive gamble (if thats the right price to get him to go) for someone who has spent less than 10 months in League football. I dont think Austin will go until January, if he does go it will be QPR and not Millwall as they will pay stupid money no doubt.

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 13:10:12 »

i think as fitton sees austin as his discovery,that will be enough for him to want to keep hold.i think he's the last player fitton would want to lose.
that said austin holds all the cards.if he wants out he'll be gone.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 13:13:40 »

i think as fitton sees austin as his discovery,that will be enough for him to want to keep hold.i think he's the last player fitton would want to lose.
that said austin holds all the cards.if he wants out he'll be gone.
Agreed to an extent but Bournemouth may disagree wtih that, They were going to offer him a contract but were embargoed, that said I know AF knew him at Hugerford, much like Cox, Austin knows and probably has an agreement with Fitton that he will get his move eventually to a decent club.

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 13:16:01 »

i dont think fitton found austin.i think he does though
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 13:16:39 »

I don't expect austin to leave for Millwall - I'd be worried if it was QPR that was putting a bid in as they seem to have a bottomless pit of money

Agreed. Millwall can't afford him, not worried about them at all. Let's hope their interest doesn't spark interest elsewhere though.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 13:19:45 »

QPR are apparently set to sign Rob Hulse... that would hopefully simmer their Austin link.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 13:21:24 by Rich Pullen » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 13:38:50 »

surely we have learned something from the Greer saga?

Yeah, we sell players. Any of them.
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 09:52:37 »

Every club at this level is a selling club, and has to be as we all know. Who knows, if we go up, he may want to stay a little longer with us before moving on?!  Hmmm

I may not want to sell my house, but if someone offered me double it's value I'd certainly take it  Yes
dell boy

« Reply #191 on: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 10:15:28 »

It said in The Sun yesterday that Swindon turned down a bid from Millwall for £150,000.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #192 on: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 10:18:21 »

*Chortle*

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 10:33:12 »

It said in The Sun yesterday that Swindon turned down a bid from Millwall for £150,000.

that is an offensive bid if true
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 10:58:17 »

I think the Adver reported £600,000, but the paper is on the other side of the room so I can't be bothered to check.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: