Pages: 1 ... 273 274 275 [276] 277 278 279 ... 1230   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4413245 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #4125 on: Friday, January 31, 2014, 10:14:51 »

Keep up Ronnie but yeah it's a blow for him, QPR and me. Is it the same shoulder?
I understand it is.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #4126 on: Friday, January 31, 2014, 10:32:24 »

Celtic had a bid rejected for Griffiths, if they stick another offer in he will be off now I'd imagine.

Leigh Griffiths is undergoing a medical at Celtic after Wolves accepted an increased offer for the striker.
The 23-year-old signed a new deal at Molineux in the summer and has scored 13 goals in 32 appearances this term.
However, the English League One side have recently signed Leon Clarke from Coventry and Nouha Dicko from Wigan to bolster their attacking options.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25977707
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4127 on: Friday, January 31, 2014, 13:33:13 »

Lloyd Macklin released by Chippenham, sounds like attitude rather than ability was the problem:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/10977133.SOUTHERN_LEAGUE__Chippenham_axe_Macklin/
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4128 on: Friday, January 31, 2014, 13:34:53 »

Lloyd Macklin released by Chippenham, sounds like attitude rather than ability was the problem:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/10977133.SOUTHERN_LEAGUE__Chippenham_axe_Macklin/
His attitude has blighted his career at every club hes been at, released by Swindon, Torquay and Farnborough for problems with attitude.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #4129 on: Friday, January 31, 2014, 13:36:58 »

I always thought he'd turn out to be a cracking player for us given he was quick and seemed to know where the net was for the reserves. Waste of talent!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
DMR

« Reply #4130 on: Friday, January 31, 2014, 13:51:37 »

Erm... there's plenty of cocks at bigger clubs than Chippenham. I suspect ability has something to do with it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4131 on: Friday, January 31, 2014, 14:04:43 »

Erm... there's plenty of cocks at bigger clubs than Chippenham. I suspect ability has something to do with it.
Well obviously it will play some part, if he was the next Messi, they'd have put up with any amount of attitude. But you don't get to be the next Messi if you don't train (which was, allegedly, the problem), so attitude will feed into ability anyway.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #4132 on: Friday, January 31, 2014, 14:14:00 »

The Jake Simpson also being disciplined in the article - that's not Fitzroy's boy is it?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #4133 on: Friday, January 31, 2014, 14:24:15 »

I used to get unreasonably annoyed about the fact Macklin wore bright yellow boots when he first came into the first team squad. I know they all do now, but it seemed particularly flash in one so young and un proven.

Mind you, if it was up to me, players would be forced to wear black boots, with only full internationals being given dispensation to mix it up.

This won't happen.
Barry Scott

« Reply #4134 on: Friday, January 31, 2014, 14:38:23 »

Well obviously it will play some part, if he was the next Messi, they'd have put up with any amount of attitude. But you don't get to be the next Messi if you don't train (which was, allegedly, the problem), so attitude will feed into ability anyway.

I read an article about Ronaldo somewhere, I think it might have been on the BBC site, and it was about his total dedication and desire to constantly better himself. I'm sure it even had a little dig at how Nani and Anderson are his polar opposites.

It said how he'd train harder than anyone and would pick people's brains into how to improve his power and physique in the gym and would then put in countless to achieve it. It made me realise he's someone who's ensured he'll be the best he can possibly be and will accept no less.

The difference is, I suppose, some will work to get it, some expect it. It's like buying lottery tickets and hoping for riches, or going out and working your arse off.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #4135 on: Friday, January 31, 2014, 14:39:36 »

I used to get unreasonably annoyed about the fact Macklin wore bright yellow boots when he first came into the first team squad. I know they all do now, but it seemed particularly flash in one so young and un proven.

Mind you, if it was up to me, players would be forced to wear black boots, with only full internationals being given dispensation to mix it up.

This won't happen.

Perhaps boots for league clubs should be in team colours? Would make it easier for refs to work out who left their foot in the challenge then. I suppose you would have to have 'home', 'away' and '3rd' kit boots, but that's what sponsors are for...

Actually, sponsors would probably stop that. 'You can't tell he's wearing Nike/Adidas/Puma/Sondico/etc! How are we supposed to pay players to advertise them if people can't tell!'
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #4136 on: Friday, January 31, 2014, 15:50:20 »

Perhaps boots for league clubs should be in team colours? Would make it easier for refs to work out who left their foot in the challenge then. I suppose you would have to have 'home', 'away' and '3rd' kit boots, but that's what sponsors are for...

Actually, sponsors would probably stop that. 'You can't tell he's wearing Nike/Adidas/Puma/Sondico/etc! How are we supposed to pay players to advertise them if people can't tell!'
i always change my players boots to club colours on fifa.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #4137 on: Friday, January 31, 2014, 16:16:13 »

Gary Alexander [Crawley - Burton] Undisclosed

Daniel Boateng [Arsenal - Hibernian] Loan

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #4138 on: Friday, January 31, 2014, 19:52:20 »

Looking at the photo of him in that link I think it's definitely because he's a cock.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #4139 on: Saturday, February 1, 2014, 07:34:21 »

Connell is Cobblers...

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 275 [276] 277 278 279 ... 1230   Go Up
Print
Jump to: