Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Fleetwood Match Day Thread  (Read 67254 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 11:47:23 »

Audrey speaks sense
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 12:00:28 »

The other option, of course, is to open the Bank to all for a tenner.

I honestly wouldn't think too many regulars would change their usual place in the ground just to get a cheaper ticket.

Or £10 for an adult with a free accompanying child.

It's a good idea, but I think you run into issues with FL rules about away fans being charged the same as home fans for the same stand.

For games where away fans only use the Arkells it's not an issue, but when someone like City sells out the bank we'd only be allowed to charge them £10 a ticket.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 12:08:26 »

It's not even a good idea. Best way to add extra cost while losing gate money. The Trust's way is a much better investment.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 13:15:14 »

The other option, of course, is to open the Bank to all for a tenner.

I honestly wouldn't think too many regulars would change their usual place in the ground just to get a cheaper ticket.

Or £10 for an adult with a free accompanying child.
Best idea so far IMO. But it does raise a few doubts as Samdy says but that could be overcome if the stand is given entirely to Swindon fans all season at £10 or even £15 with a free under 16 seat included and reduce the amount of away tickets available to just the Arkells corner.

The FL states that 10% of all tickets must be offered to away fans, the capacity is about 14,500 so that obviously means we only HAVE to offer all away teams 1,450 tickets.

The capacity of away fans in the Arkells is currently 1,200 so that only means releasing another 200 seats (which most teams will never need).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
lambourn red

« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 13:18:45 »

As I have said previously on another thread a while back the kids prices are too high all over the ground just bring them down to 2 or 3 quid for U16 as long as bought with an adult ticket(or an Adult Season ticket holder) and then you will see attendances go up slightly . I have 2 boys who don't go all the time but attend at least half the games and £24 a game for the 2 of them is a joke. You can then also offer the SB for certain games (Fleetwood, Crawley, Rochdale, etc) for £10 as Audrey has said with a free kid ticket chucked in with it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 13:37:47 »

As I have said previously on another thread a while back the kids prices are too high all over the ground just bring them down to 2 or 3 quid for U16 as long as bought with an adult ticket(or an Adult Season ticket holder) and then you will see attendances go up slightly . I have 2 boys who don't go all the time but attend at least half the games and £24 a game for the 2 of them is a joke. You can then also offer the SB for certain games (Fleetwood, Crawley, Rochdale, etc) for £10 as Audrey has said with a free kid ticket chucked in with it.

I agree, I think this is a big part of the problem. People usually only look at the adult price when looking at ticket prices but I think knocking a couple of quid off a junior and maybe even extending the young adult from 16-18 to 16-21 would make a massive difference in my opinion.
lambourn red

« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 13:54:46 »

I agree, I think this is a big part of the problem. People usually only look at the adult price when looking at ticket prices but I think knocking a couple of quid off a junior and maybe even extending the young adult from 16-18 to 16-21 would make a massive difference in my opinion.

IMHO they need to knock at least a tenner off of the kids prices from £12 to £2 or £3 you will then see more adults come who are not prepared to part with £25 for adult plus another £12 for a kid . I know a few dads around Lambourn who would go now and again but are not prepared to shell out the best part of £40 (and that is only 1 kid), I saw a couple of them on the kid a quid day so the proof is there.
kerry red

« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 14:03:20 »

I spoke to a woman work colleague who took up the offer Saturday with her husband and 8 year old son.

They thoroughly enjoyed it but when I asked if they would return as paying customers I got a very quick 'God no - not at those prices'.

It seems £10-15 would entice them back, though
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 14:14:44 »

IMHO they need to knock at least a tenner off of the kids prices from £12 to £2 or £3 you will then see more adults come who are not prepared to part with £25 for adult plus another £12 for a kid . I know a few dads around Lambourn who would go now and again but are not prepared to shell out the best part of £40 (and that is only 1 kid), I saw a couple of them on the kid a quid day so the proof is there.

quid a (accompanied) kid would see us going more often.

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 14:17:08 »

I spoke to a woman work colleague who took up the offer Saturday with her husband and 8 year old son.

They thoroughly enjoyed it but when I asked if they would return as paying customers I got a very quick 'God no - not at those prices'.

It seems £10-15 would entice them back, though

Would it though? What every week? We'd need to fill the bank every week at £10 that's for sure, just to make up for those it takes from the main stands paying £25 a pop. I'm not saying i disagree with the principle but the maths behind it needs to add up to.

If the bank is a tenner how many people are going to pay double in the Townend just to have a roof?

Sorry for being a bit of a killjoy! Agree about them putting the kids prices down a bit too FWIW but then our prices are too high in general anyway.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 14:45:51 »

Yes, I think the maths and marketing of a £10 Bank ticket don't add up. But while reducing the price of kids' entry will lose some revenue from current attenders, it will bring in more families and help to build crowds for the future. People are prepared to buy a £60 family ticket for a theme park, but not for something they're expected to come back to every fortnight. If the Bank is reserved for accompanied kids, with adults at £18 and kids £7.50, that makes an adult and two under-16s £33. Is that reasonable?

Sorry: edited as I'd counted an adult at £25 on the Bank, which isn't right.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 14:53:22 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 14:49:37 »

Yes, I think the maths and marketing of a £10 Bank ticket don't add up. But while reducing the price of kids' entry will lose some revenue from current attenders, it will bring in more families and help to build crowds for the future. People are prepared to buy a £60 family ticket for a theme park, but not for something they're expected to come back to every fortnight. £7.50 a kid makes an adult and two under-16s £40. Is that reasonable?

I agree. I think where the club are missing a trick is family deals. £25quid twice a month for an employed adult is overpriced (as are all football matches in the country) but not unacceptable. For a family of 4 to attend a match it would cost £74 per game in the side stands- that's just too much. Family incentives are the way forward IMO.
lambourn red

« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 14:56:00 »

Just make the kids ticket prices negligble they are the future if kids are not going because of prices then we are losing the next generation of supporters. If an adult could take 2 kids for £30 or under then I think we would see crowds rise as long as they market it correctly and emphasise the overall price rather than showing £25 for an adult which psychologically would still put people off.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 15:01:33 »

I never actually realised it's £12 for a kids ticket. That is absolutely outrageous and needs to change. It's one thing asking an adult to pay £25, but the club are dreaming if they think they can get families back at £12 per kid on top of that. It's just not realistic.

Either the Under 16s prices need to come down drastically, or they need to start doing some family tickets or promotions. Two adults and two kids for £55 might be more realistic, or even better a quid for a kid up to three kids per paying adult, etc.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 15:32:29 »

Don't disagree with any of the above but by way of some balance, U10 kids do get free tickets if they sign up to the Junior Robins which is about £25 IIRC. So U10s season tickets are very cheap. But that doesn't take away the problems people are talking about here and does nothing to help attract (back) casual fans with kids
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: