Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Fleetwood Match Day Thread  (Read 65919 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 08:06:16 »

This will have to do.....

Fleetwood is near Blackpool. Blackpool has a Tower and some rides and donkeys.
We should win.

It's All Good..............
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 08:16:13 »

Nathan Pond, Fleetwood's centre back, is in the Guinness Book of Records for being the only professional in the world to have played for his club in 7 different divisions.

They've also got Martin Paterson and Stephen Dobbie up front which, on paper, is a good front two.

I'll go for a 2-0 win.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 08:18:17 »

They are big into fish.

I used to sell fish.

I had a big customer in Fleetwood.

I have been to the ground and watched Fleetwood beat Oxford.

I hope we win today.

Clems Army!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 08:18:33 »

We should win.
Herthab, you really shouldn't refer to the local female population as donkeys and rides!!  3-1 for me.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 08:26:58 »

We should win.
Tl:dr

We will win 2 0
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 08:27:27 »

Hope ShawRosso is OK.  Probably just a case of writer's block.....or wanker's cramp.  Smiley

Anyway, I hope we can manage a performance and a win today, but actually I'm feeling a bit 'Smeeton-ish'.  Banana skin alert.

Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 08:43:46 »

Swindon's style of play makes predicting our results especially difficult.  If we click we'll win comfortably.  Be interesting to see whether the invasion of first time fans has a positive or negative impact.

I'm feeling positive. 3-1 win in front of largest 'home fans' attendance of the season.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 08:51:25 »

I still can't quite get my head around the fact that Fleetwood are in the Football League, let alone L1. They really have come from nowhere in the last 10 years - fair play to them. I just hope the owner doesn't do a 'Max Griggs' on them.

You would hope our players have learned from Cheltenham that you have to be on top of your game every single time. All of Fleetwood's defeats in the League have only been by a single goal and they've had some good wins so it won't be as easy as I suspect some might be hoping. However, I have a feeling they will come and have a go which will suit us.

2-0 Williams, Obika.

Edit: They've got the full 90 minutes of their last game v Walsall on their OS. Presumably it will be the same for today  Hmmm
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 08:54:43 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 08:52:23 »

Fuckity family 'do' means I miss one.

4-0, 10,765, Smudge x 2, Turnbull and Luongo
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 08:54:53 »

Hope ShawRosso is OK.  Probably just a case of writer's block.....or wanker's cramp.  Smiley

Anyway, I hope we can manage a performance and a win today, but actually I'm feeling a bit 'Smeeton-ish'.  Banana skin alert.

It's less than a month since the Cheltenham debacle, so hopefully fresh enough in everyone's minds for us not to take our eye off the ball.  (Bad cricket/football metaphor mixing.)

I'm hoping for a few early goals.  Played 'Happy Heart' at breakfast in Andy Williams' honour.  Come on Swindon!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 08:56:04 »

Kids have their tops on already.  We're up for this.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 09:13:14 »

3-0 win today with Smith,Williams and Turnbull scoring the goals. 9996 with 107 of the cod army
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 09:36:17 »

Been looking forward to this all week. Sun shining, good football and a decent crowd for a non-derby. Come on you reds!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 09:48:55 »

Hopefully we continue the momentum and get 3 points - a bit wary of Fleetwood but think we'll have enough to beat them. 2-1 win - Stephens and Obika - in front of 10,182

#VivaKenBarlow!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 09:54:43 »

Too much positivity here for my liking.

3-1 defeat with Williams scoring, smash and grab long ball conceding with Nathan sent off in front of 10,455 with 125 from shrimpland.

Looking on the Fleetwood forum it appears there is not one thread about todays game so they aren't overly bothered, they seem more concerned that thier upcoming game with Coventry is too dear....that is of little concern as it only affects their 101 regulars or the 50 mob they have Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: