Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Fleetwood Match Day Thread  (Read 67231 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 11:13:36 »

I sometime have meetings up at the Kassim...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 11:28:38 »

Did I mention the time my old company did a corporate event at the Kassam with music provided by a band called Three's A Crowd? I got to do a short speech in front of loads of Oxford fans, and asked: "Am I the only person who'll be taking home the poster for tonight's entertainment? Three's A Crowd at the Kassam Stadium." Well, made me chuckle at the time...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
FatSmurf

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 11:33:19 »

We should target schools in Oxford  Grin

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 12:08:04 »

The club, in my opinion, also need to run more football workshops in primary schools which also include schools outside swindon.

Oxford run a 'football club' in Watchfield Primary School, which infact is closer to swindon!
FitC already run after school sessions in 30 schools in the area
http://stfitc.co.uk/?page_id=250
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 12:36:42 »

I believe it was 30 schools within Swindon on this occasion. Yes, even though distance will put some off, we should be extending this initiative to schools within say 25 miles of Swindon. A small number of proactive fans have shown how much difference they can make. The Trust need to move quickly to keep momentum on the back of this success. Are there enough people willing to help the Trust spread the word further afield?

It also rely's on stfc willing to give the tickets away for free again, dont I remember reading though that the trust had a head teacher of a school on their board so that is their in with the local schools
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 12:51:22 »

It also rely's on stfc willing to give the tickets away for free again
The Trust had a sponsor so the club didn't give the tickets away for free
kerry red

« Reply #156 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 12:53:39 »

More 'exciting news' from the Trust in the next 2 weeks according to reports
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 12:53:54 »

In the last few weeks we have formed a Schools Working Party, whose job is to sort all this out, who are all head teachers, with the Chair of the SWP, now on the Trust board.

Whether we are able to do this again in the future is mostly down to one thing...whether the club gives us the tickets again. Undoubtedly, after the success of Saturday, we'll have more schools getting interested, and it will be then up to the SWP, what schools are next, assuming we get given the go ahead by the club.

In the meantime, we will be having a review of the day, which will happen at our next board meeting on Thursday.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 12:54:27 »

More 'exciting news' from the Trust in the next 2 weeks according to reports

I'll be dissapointed if its anything other than installing slides at the back of the DRS for easier egress.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 13:07:06 »

In the last few weeks we have formed a Schools Working Party, whose job is to sort all this out, who are all head teachers, with the Chair of the SWP, now on the Trust board.

Whether we are able to do this again in the future is mostly down to one thing...whether the club gives us the tickets again. Undoubtedly, after the success of Saturday, we'll have more schools getting interested, and it will be then up to the SWP, what schools are next, assuming we get given the go ahead by the club.

In the meantime, we will be having a review of the day, which will happen at our next board meeting on Thursday.
If you do get the chance to do it again, one suggestion would be to give all those who attend on the freebie tickets a voucher offering them a tenner off an adult ticket for a future game (maybe one per family). Appreciate this would increase the cost still further but it might help with getting the first-timers back in, so it's not just a one-off for the freebies, but actually becomes the start of a habit. The idea being that going straight from zero cost to £25 is a bit of a leap, so a cushioned route in might help get them that bit more hooked?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 13:10:41 »

Did I mention the time my old company did a corporate event at the Kassam with music provided by a band called Three's A Crowd? I got to do a short speech in front of loads of Oxford fans, and asked: "Am I the only person who'll be taking home the poster for tonight's entertainment? Three's A Crowd at the Kassam Stadium." Well, made me chuckle at the time...

Clap
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 13:21:17 »

Have you looked in to running similar schemes for other groups?

Maybe with charities, either for the people they help or their volunteers?

Or the Job Centre, for people actually trying to get a job?

Neither is likely to boost the attendances long term but it's a good way for the club to show it's community support.

To help the club keep costs down, what about Trust members staffing the turnstiles, being stewards, running the burger stand on the Stratton Bank? If it didn't cost the club to open the stand I'd guess they'd be more willing to do it more often.
kerry red

« Reply #162 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 13:30:32 »

I'll be dissapointed if its anything other than installing slides at the back of the DRS for easier egress.

Bouncy castle, for me.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 13:33:47 »

Hopefully some figures can be brought about as to how much money the free tickets were able to generate from extra sales of programmes, shirts, scarves, etc. comparing that to a regular game?

If so, you may be able to show the club that after these extra funds on top of the Trust sponsoring, they're not actually losing anything (or maybe even making a nominal amount) by offering up the free tickets, then there's a good chance they'll give it another go and maybe make it a twice a season deal?

If we're looking at going again this season, then we probably want to avoid giving tickets away in the run in, when ticket sales will be doing pretty well on their own if we're still in the running for promotion.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 13:42:14 »

Have you looked in to running similar schemes for other groups?

Maybe with charities, either for the people they help or their volunteers?

It may well be something the club does already, but a very common scheme you see in america is discounted tickets for the armed forces and their immediate family.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: