Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It's goodbye from him and it's goodbye from me........................  (Read 10875 times)
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 12:48:13 »

i can understand your views because we are in the worst league position for 40 years

well thats bollocks?!

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 13:01:45 »

well thats bollocks?!
I suspect that may have been the point.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 13:05:00 »

ah, one of those days! i'm gonna go sit in a dark room...

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 13:16:56 »

YAWN................................................

No sense of humour?

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 13:17:48 »

Having been a town fan since the 70s, I fear that the current rash of events have left me totally dissollusioned with football as a whole and Town in particular. We all expect players to move on for whatever reasons, however the players that are currently leaving should be the bedrock and future of our club.  Being a non attending, semi lurker I have no idea of what goes on behind the scenes, financially or managerially, what I do know is that as soon as anyone is worth £££s they go. Perhaps after 40 years it has finally dawned on me that we will never achieve a form of greatness, we have found our level and will always take a step forwards and two backwards - perhaps this is the fun of it all ? Sadly, it has got to the point where the football side just irritates me - I must be turning into a grumpy old git ! Finally, thanks Mr Fitton for saving us - the next stage will be far far far more difficult. Ramble over back to the home............................................ Bye

I'm sure that's what ran throgh the minds of Blackpool, Wigan and Hull fans for years gone by...this is about hoing it can happen, becauseit might and we've a damn better chance with the current board than we ever have.

I really hope you aren't this pessimistic about everything else in your life!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 13:34:21 »

Why are people seemingly content to stick by the club under several dire regimes over the last 15 years at STFC (regimes that treated the fans awfully) but so keen to ditch us during a mediocre season?

I can cope with the football mediocrity, it's the fickleness I cannot stand.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 18:48:15 by Costanza » Logged
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 13:44:15 »

I'm can cope with the football mediocrity, it's the fickleness I cannot stand.

It seems that both fans and players alike expected success to just be layed on a plate this season.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 13:44:52 »

Why are people seemingly content to stick by the club under several dire regimes over the last 15 years at STFC (regimes treated the fans awfully) but so keen to ditch us during a mediocre season?

I'm can cope with the football mediocrity, it's the fickleness I cannot stand.

That's absolutely spot on, Pseudonym.
Barry Scott

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 13:51:33 »

I agree with the last 3 posts. Some fans are fucking pathetic.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 13:57:40 »

I honestly think it seems like false promises though to some from the outside. Under previous regimes we were under no illusions that we were going to be dealt with shit hand after shit hand but we still had the odd decent season to give us hope.

Now after some great hope we are great off the pitch we seem desperate to just fuck everything up on the pitch. I understand certain deals like the austin one going ahead it's not rocket science but when you lose other players that were so important last year for stupid money or because we wouldn't pay a extra 2k a week people start to get fucked off.

Selling players for 250k then signing a left winger for the same price who has not shown he will be worth more when we come to sell seems odd to me.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 14:02:15 »

Totally agree too.
When the club were literally 24 hours from being wound up some were quite content to let it happen. Don't protest it might upset the team, balh blah. How many actually stood up to be counted behind the Arkells, how many wore orange etc etc. I even remember some bloke getting close to a heart attack calling the protests a bunch of Orang Utans much to the delight of the poison dwarf.
The sitaution we are in now is of no consequence what so ever compared with then. If this had happened back then they'd have snapped Hull's hands off, (as long as it came in a brown paper bag) & the money would have disappeared to stave off liquidation (& the inevitable "other expenses") for another few weeks.

From the Dark Side
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 14:48:33 »

There is only so long we can live off 'being stable'

At the end of the day, football is a sport and the point is to win.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 15:06:57 »

I thought we had a better chance of success this season than many previous ones. the fact we have been so poor, and not played the transfer market well is disappointing. I know it's a common belief, but not replacing Greer and Paynter (and now Morrison to some extent) is shoddy. And as a result, i'm not confident in Austin being adequately replaced now, especially at increasingly short notice.

Also, I'm not sure Fitton's "buy young and cheap, sell after a year for a profit" tactic will ever get us promoted. We're a football club that needs results and a settled, successful team, not just a standard business buying and selling commodities, and i think the model he is employing is wrong.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 15:16:05 »

ScillyRed, maybe you could start supporting Truro City. They seem to be going places. Conference South next season at this rate.
iffy

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 15:43:25 »

I'm not sure what "form of greatness" you're looking for, but if we were in and around the autos/playoffs I'd be happy and if next season we got settled in the Championship I'd be delighted.
But it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

This season is just a bit shit because we all thought we'd kick on after the play-offs, but we've gone backwards. We've been two or three players short all season, and the players we've added (Rose, Prutton, etc) haven't taken the club forward in the way we all hoped/thought we would and some of last year's performers haven't been as consistent. It seems the board are clearing the decks a bit, writing off the season as a bad job. I guess the thinking is that if it's going to be a shit season on the pitch, we might as well make some money and try again next year. The risk is that the rest of this season goes wrong and we're scrapping for relegation, which would be a disaster.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: