Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: White Kit  (Read 52371 times)

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 14:56:22 »

i'm off to perm my eyelashes
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 14:59:16 »

Yeah, red shorts and socks with the white shirt wouldn't go.

You could have done that if the white kit had red trim instead of blue....GOD, I'VE GOT TO STOP OBSESSING ABOUT THIS WHITE KIT THING...BUT I JUST CAN'T HELP MYSELF!!! Crash Crash Crash Crash
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 15:12:24 »

You could have done that if the white kit had red trim instead of blue....GOD, I'VE GOT TO STOP OBSESSING ABOUT THIS WHITE KIT THING...BUT I JUST CAN'T HELP MYSELF!!! Crash Crash Crash Crash

Theres a footy kit annonomous you can go to....my name is Shaun and i have a compulsive footy kit disorder.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 16:12:55 »

Theres a footy kit annonomous you can go to....my name is Shaun and i have a compulsive footy kit disorder.

I really do Leefer, it fucking winds me up when it's other teams doing it..let alone when it's STFC..let alone when it's our biggest fucking game in 17 years...look what you've done..you've started me off again Crash Crash Crash
Spencer_White

« Reply #379 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 16:13:28 »

Have to admit Ive been unable to stop thinking about it as well.

We do have a poor away record in red against teams in blue this season. Gills, Rovers, Southend, Colchester, Millwall. But recently we did get a good win against Hartlepool, and we got some luck there. I do know for a fact that there was NO Swindon players meeting to discuss this.

I do wonder if it was Danny Wilson. Because when he was City manager they lost in the play offs to Cardiff (blue) and then Brighton (white and blue). But he's never struck me as the superstitious type? Not like Andy King who was always banging on about luck. It would also show a massive mental weakness to the players, because we should be thinking we are good enough to beat Millwall anyway.

Wilson would also have had to have decided on white before the play offs, which again, I think is unlikely because I dont think he would have given it a second thought. Surely hes intelligent enough to know we play in red and you cant afford to have hang ups about the colour of our shirts?

Which still leaves me to think it was a corporate board decision based around EA Sports.

Basically the board should either come out and tell us the truth (because I dont think the fans will forget about it) or they should plead with the FL to allow us to play in red. Fast.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 16:15:41 »

You're thinking about it too much.

Blackpool just wore their white away shirt and beat Cardiff in their blue home shirt.

Nuff said.

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 16:18:15 »

the colour of the shirt will have zero bearing on how the team play.the kits aint gained or lost us any points
it's just a shame we are not going to be in our traditional colours
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 16:18:56 »

1990 Swindon (red) 1-0 Sunderland (blue)
1993 Swindon (red) 4-3 Leicester (blue)
2010 Swindon (??)  v Millwall (blue)

Let's just fuck with the karma....

...it's ok, I'll probably be over it by about Thursday Roll Eyes
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 16:42:12 »

As a matter of curiosity...why the need to file our Wembley colours with the FL 'weeks ago' when the finalists were not known ? Had our opponents been Leeds (who probably also filed an all-white strip) then what would have been the outcome ?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 16:46:36 »

As a matter of curiosity...why the need to file our Wembley colours with the FL 'weeks ago' when the finalists were not known ? Had our opponents been Leeds (who probably also filed an all-white strip) then what would have been the outcome ?

Also on that note, weeks ago, potentially there could have been 8 or 9 teams that could have ended up in the play-offs.  So they all had to file their colours did they - what crap?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 16:48:32 »

i'm off to perm my eyelashes
Good, they've been looking a little flat lately. Grooming is important arriba
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 16:59:06 »

I really do Leefer, it fucking winds me up when it's other teams doing it..let alone when it's STFC..let alone when it's our biggest fucking game in 17 years...look what you've done..you've started me off again Crash Crash Crash
Ha, ha, I'm going to keep bumping this thread just to keep setting OST off again
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #387 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 17:01:55 »

It makes it look like the board have been telling a few porkies, Something i wouldn't have ever expected them to do.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 17:16:23 »

It makes it look like the board have been telling a few porkies, Something i wouldn't have ever expected them to do.

i don't think you could say that, they probably asked Wilson and got the reply. I'd be surprised if we didn't have to register at least two kit colours "weeks ago" mind.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 17:17:45 »

No, I don't think so. I'm inclined to take the official explanation at face value (pretty much).
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: