Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: White Kit  (Read 52392 times)
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 12:35:30 »

Well if you take that argument further then fucking White is part of our tradition - it's what we played in when we had the biggest day in our history !

Why would the board choose to play in White if the players (as stated by the club - the same club who haven't felt the need to lie to the fans before) hadn't requested it ?

Sponsorship - really ?  That argument simply doesn't stack up - the sponsors logo's are the same on both shirts (albeit reversed)....

The club have no shirts to sell - Red, White or bloody Blue !  They have sold out....

They could have had a whole bunch of them made to cash in on Wembley - but rightly have chosen not to as their will be a new kit next season and the board do not want to rip the fans off....

Your argument just doesn't stack up.....

Wise men say........
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 12:43:32 »

Erm who are you arguing with SS? Cos I don't think Spence made those arguments, you seem to be shouting at a straw man

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 12:47:43 »

they aint sold out of all the RED scarves,flags,pointy fingers,etc,etc they are flogging
Spencer_White

« Reply #348 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 12:49:08 »

I dont think this decision was to sell shirts. I think it was to get EA sports more coverage on TV.

As Ive said time and time again, the players took on the blue shirt as soon as it was available because they preferred it to the white one. So why would they go back for Wembley?

As for 1966, that was because the Germans were playing in white. With England the red and white is second nature because of the flag. White with blue trim doesnt mean anything to us, its just a reserve shirt we should have incase we need to change. The white shirt was still our first choice for the 1990 semi final, and the 5-1 game in 2001.

How many times, why would the players chose the blue shirt all season, then chose the white one for the final? How many times? I'll just copy and paste it if you want?
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 12:53:05 by Spencer_White » Logged
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 12:49:46 »

I was just wondering if it is a precursor to next season's sponsors ...

could be the Klu Klux Klan?
sheepshagger

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 12:54:20 »

Sorry Paul - go back a page.....

Spence was certainly making the point that this is all about sponsorship and it also goes against our tradition....

I was pointing out that I don't agree with this - it's all about opinion.....

I do understand why people want us to wear Red - I would prefer it of course !

I just think White does go with our tradition - and yeah of course it would be better completely plain or even maybe with Red trim, but the shirt is predominantly the same colour as we wore in '69 ......

Maybe Spence they would choose White as we are unbeaten in it this season ?  It might be as simple as that ?

Wise men say........

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 12:56:06 »

wilson to players..."the club want to know if you're ok to wear the white kit lads.is that ok with you?"

greer as captain speaks for group after mumbles and whispers "fine with us boss"

watkins says after reading angry e-mails.
"the players want to play in white".

this is how arriba see's it!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 12:59:47 »

Tis true though... We ain't lost in white.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Spencer_White

« Reply #353 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 13:00:02 »

Again, you think the players should be allowed to chose the colour of our strips? Ludicrous!

But putting that aside, ive already said I dont believe it.

Were unbeaten in the white kit mainly because weve hardly worn it.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 13:03:58 »

Again, you think the players should be allowed to chose the colour of our strips? Ludicrous!

But putting that aside, ive already said I dont believe it.

Were unbeaten in the white kit mainly because weve hardly worn it.

The players have done us proud...as i said they can play in the fucking nuddy for all i care,apologies for banging on but i cannot fathom out what the fuss is all about,if you think the modern day player gives a fuck about the tradition of a club well then your sadly mistaken,its sad but a fact and as a rather older member of the TEF i realised this along time ago.........come on you whites.
sheepshagger

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 13:05:53 »

I am retiring to my bunker to watch the Championship final - and yeah I know they are playing in Orange and Blue.....

They will always be the Red and White army to me.......whatever colour they play in....

Wise men say........
One F In Fitton

« Reply #356 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 13:30:26 »

It wasn't the Club that thought "Ooo what colour shall we wear?", it was prompted by the Football League needing to know (for whatever reasons) weeks ago.

Football has been going down these new little paths for a considerable time now, & personally I'm acclimatised to it. That's why I've not given it much thought beyond "That's a pity, but if the players chose it that'll do for me". We can win or lose in red, we can win or lose in white. It would only become a proper issue with me if the design of the home kit was fucked about with too much - now THAT would be messing with tradition.

(BTW I want to see us return to red shirts/white shorts/red socks. Only because that's what we wore when I started watching Town in 77.)   
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 13:41:36 »

wilson to players..."the club want to know if you're ok to wear the white kit lads.is that ok with you?"

greer as captain speaks for group after mumbles and whispers "fine with us boss"

watkins says after reading angry e-mails.
"the players want to play in white".

this is how arriba see's it!

I would guess that is not too far away from what happened. I don't suppose a delegation of players went knocking on Nick Watkins' door demanding to play in white and I guess we will never know the real reason for it.

It wouldn't be quite so bad if it was white with RED trim.

Oh FFS, I really have got to let this go. Football's starting soon, time for beer Cool
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #358 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 13:41:56 »

Watch us lose now we're playing in white  Soapy Tit Wank
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 13:43:59 »

It wasn't the Club that thought "Ooo what colour shall we wear?", it was prompted by the Football League needing to know (for whatever reasons) weeks ago.

I'm struggling to understand that as well. How can it be decided weeks in advance who wears what? Millwall could have decided they would play in all white as well (that's more traditional for them than us, as that was their regular home kit for a few years in the 70's) Then what would they have done?..it's all bollocks.

Right, that's it..beer...football...chill out Cool
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: