Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: White Kit  (Read 52362 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 08:16:48 »

I wouldn't be surprised that when you do find a bar with the game on Gary, you won't be the only Town fan in there.

(Just remember, we're the ones in white Wink)
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #271 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 08:18:59 »

I wouldn't be surprised that when you do find a bar with the game on Gary, you won't be the only Town fan in there.

(Just remember, we're the ones in white Wink)

Cheers, May have got mixed up thinking we were using our Blue Third Kit!! Cheesy
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 08:22:32 »

Dave the fisherman. It wasn't even subtle.

Think the fact that I'm totally fucked off to be missing the game and am not looking forward to my first holiday abroad in 19 years might have something to do with my reaction (Even though I knew you were fishing!).

Feel like I've been cut off from everything since the euphoria of Monday night wore off. I can honestly say I've not been this depressed for a long, long time.

It's All Good..............
Rich Pullen

« Reply #273 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 08:23:04 »

Are you going to pull a sicky then?

I'm still going to try and get the day off. They're not football fans so it's proved difficult but I won't let it lie.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #274 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 08:26:34 »

Feel like I've been cut off from everything since the euphoria of Monday night wore off. I can honestly say I've not been this depressed for a long, long time.

I know that feeling herthab. I've had a similar feeling all season.

Totally elated that we're there, totally deflated that I won't.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #275 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 08:29:29 »

Me too, In most instances to be honest people would take the piss but most people have had sympathy to be fair and are gutted for me. I tried to say "ah well if the end of this season is seeing us get to the playoff and the celebrations after the game at Charlton is my last memory of this season then what a great way to go away" but in truth. I am absolutely gutted and getting offered free tickets as well which I had to give away was an absolute kick in the balls. All the euphoria leading up to next weekend is getting to me a bit and I've tried to ignore it. Honestly as I cant go, I fly out Tuesday I'll be glad I am not in Town to hear about it!

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 08:33:58 »

I am gutted for you herthab. Genuinely, seriously, not joking, no  Fishing.

And for you Gary.

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 08:38:43 »

if our kit clashed with millwall's, and we lost the toss then we would all be fine about it.
it doesn't, so is wrong to change from our red kit.not the end of the world,but a piss poor decision nonetheless.
ironic when the club are flogging a load of red scarfs,flags,and other matchday goodies.

i dont care enough to e-mail watkins.he doesn't need to respond to any of the e-mails.just change the stupid decision and play in the kit we should be in.
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 08:55:42 »

Tradition and identity. It was wrong for Fulham and even more wrong for this game. It doesn't make a whit of difference to the result, but it is part of our identity, part of what is Swindon Town. I assume you'd be quite happy for us to play in yellow at home and black and white stripes away next season? Because if it doesn't matter for this game, our biggest in 16 years, then it just doesn't matter at all.

Traditionally we play in white at Wembley if the players want to.  Grin

Changing our home colours would be different, this is a one off game away from the County Ground. The identity of the club is much more about the fans than the players, and most of the fans, including me, will be in red. 

Look, Ive already said I'd prefer us to play in red, but put yourself in Watkins shoes. The manager and players who have just got us to within one game of promotion want to play in white, are you going to say no? More likely you are going to let them have pretty much whatever they want.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 08:57:42 »

if our kit clashed with millwall's, and we lost the toss then we would all be fine about it.

Of course. In that instance, this thread doesn't go beyond one page.

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 08:59:08 »

the players wont give a shit what kit they are in.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #281 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 09:01:33 »

You're wrong arriba, they like playing in the away kits Smiley
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 09:02:34 »

If the players/manager really did say they didn't want to play in red, that's a bit of insult to the club and fans really isn't it? I can't imagine Celtic players saying they didn't want to play in green and white hoops, or Barca players saying they didn't want to play in blue and red stripes!

Any way, I told myself  I wouldn't post any more on this thread...what's done is done....

Crash Crash Crash

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 09:08:22 »

You're wrong arriba, they like playing in the away kits Smiley

they've seemed to have enjoyed playing in the red one too.where does it say they want to play in white?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #284 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 09:10:12 »

I don't know arriba, just going by comments
made within this thread... I think.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: