Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: White Kit  (Read 52396 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 23:16:39 »

I wouldn't say I'm a cunt. Just a frothing axe wound.

I can see why people are upset we're not playing in red, but ultimatly I think it's just a big broohaha over a very trivial matter and wish people would stop looking to pick faults in EVERYTHING

Things get better but they never get good
König

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 23:23:55 »

I can see why people are upset we're not playing in red, but ultimatly I think it's just a big broohaha over a very trivial matter and wish people would stop looking to pick faults in EVERYTHING

i don't like how your picking faults in others for them picking faults in everything, honestly some people just try to pick faults in evverythhingg these days Wink
deltaincline

« Reply #242 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 23:26:24 »

Watkins has royally fucked up here. He's the CEO of the club and should know fucking better than to change the colour of our strip for a mahoosive game like a play off final.

The press stuff saying that the White strip is the one preferred by the players is total wank as well. I wouldn't want to piss off the players, but it stinks of Watkins hiding behind them and effectively daring anyone to rock the boat by dissagreeing with them ahead of the final.

If its a pre-agreed sponsorship thing with EA, fine. I dont agree with it, but I would understand the decision.

As things stand though, It's a fuck up which stinks.

Maybe our CEO got carried away with prancing around the pitch celebrating with the players on monday night when he'd have been better off doing his fucking job.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 23:35:07 »

Ha ha just got in, and 17 pages on kit choice, can't be arsed to read, but would imagine most posts should be on this is, what a waste of fucking time if you've been moaning. (only top that fits is my white one!)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 00:28:26 »

Some great posts and yes at one level isn't it great that there are 17 pages of "disgusted from Swindon" about such a relatively (after what we've been through) minor issue.

However the East end will be a wall (no puns intended) of blue and our's, the famous Swindon Town's, a mish mash of white and blue and black and potato green and just like Brazil yellow and red even.

RED is central to our identity and has been for over a century (or in Fitton-franchise-speak the single most enduring feature of the Swindon "brand") and Swindon Town needs showcasing at Wembley.

Sponsors and player wishes can all be respectfully and effectively accomodated but should not be calling the shots on shirt colour.

For those who agree and who have not already, do give an email to Nick Watkins so that the Board at least has a chance to go back to Red:

nick@swindontownfc.co.uk

U REDZ!

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 04:47:09 »

Bob Holt would have never let this happen.
flammableBen

« Reply #246 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 05:35:28 »

17 pages. Jesus.

Would everybody be happy in a compromise where we play in pink?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 06:07:14 »

emailed
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 06:25:46 »

As a pedantic aside, any idea if we will be having the match details (i.e Play-Off Final v Millwall 29.05.2010 Wembley etc) sewn on the shirts?

I come from a land down-under
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 06:31:37 »

The board have:

Cleared the debt; brought a professionalism to the Club not seem in decades; introduced high profile sponsorship; appointed a quality manager; released funds to the manager that enabled him to build a strong squad; planned building works that will bring The County Ground into the 21st Century.

Most of you, due to the manager, the players and in no small part the board, are going to watch your team play at Wembley for the first time since 1993.

I can understand disappointment that we won't be wearing red, but some of the comment on this thread are way OTT.

It's All Good..............
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #250 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 06:35:11 »

I wonder what people did back in 1969 when we were not wearing red (although suppose Arsenal were the home team??), post each other letters of disgust or call into local radio as there was no internet.

I don't give a fuck really what I wear as long as we win. Ok it would be better in red but will you all be saying "YEAH WE WON BUT WE SHOULD HAVE WORE RED" if we win? Doubt it. Total over-reaction IMO.

I understand the sentiment of red for sure but in the scheme of things given the shit we have been through it really isn't that big of a deal.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 06:37:00 by STFC_Gazza » Logged
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 07:13:48 »

Doesnt matter to me its still Swindon

Probably the white kit would be easier to see at Wembley especially with lots of the crowd wearing red ....

If it sells a few more white shirts all the better

I used to be Fatbury
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 07:14:06 »

Herthab, Gazza

I can understand why you two don't really care. Neither of you are even going to Wembley so leave the discussion to those of us dedicated to actually bother turning up.
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 07:17:45 »

Honestly - what a lot of bollocks !  There really has been some nonsense written on this over the last 17 pages !!

On a one off game at Wembley - and if the players are telling the management team they feel more confident in white - then who gives a fuck ?!?!?

We will still be red and White come August - whatever division we are in.....

Shall we take it one step further ?  Sorry - only players who feel more confident in Red shirts can sign for us Huh?

This is being made into such a mountain out of a molehill in my opinion.....

Wise men say........
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 07:20:48 »

Herthab, Gazza

I can understand why you two don't really care. Neither of you are even going to Wembley so leave the discussion to those of us dedicated to actually bother turning up.

Fuck off Dan. Dedicated? Takes more dedication to go to some of the shitholes we've played at, where the 'loyal' Town support numbered a couple of hundred, wonder where all the dedicated fans who are going to Wembley were then? (Yes, I bit).

As I said, I'm disappointed we won't be in red but to make it such a huge issue is bollocks. You're all gonna be watching Swindon at Wembley FFS!!!

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: