Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: White Kit  (Read 52384 times)
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 20:06:28 »

On the OS, it says after discussing with the players DW made this decision to wear white.

There are always discussions on here about what bizarre kit change we make at places this season such as Leeds, Fulham & Wycombe
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #196 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 20:08:16 »

why would the colour matter to ea sports?

Because there could have been an agreement with them that we would wear the away kit should we get to the play-off final? That's probably not the case but if it is then surely we could have had EA Sports printed onto some red shirts?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 20:09:14 »

why would the colour matter to ea sports?

...as the white kit is the only one where they are the main sponsors. On the other 2 its 442.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #198 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 20:09:18 »

On the OS, it says after discussing with the players DW made this decision to wear white.

There are always discussions on here about what bizarre kit change we make at places this season such as Leeds, Fulham & Wycombe

I don't understand why the player's would choose to wear white either? Considering our traditional colour is red and our main kit is red, I just don't get that.

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 20:10:01 »

...as the white kit is the only one where they are the main sponsors. On the other 2 its 442.

ahh. that'll be why then.
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 20:10:16 »

You seem to be the only one with that opinion to be fair. Do you not see that it is a strange decision they have made.

Yes its a strange decision but I dont see any reason to chuck my toys out of the pram.

We played in white in 69 because the players thought it was lucky, Arsenal played in Yellow and Blue so we could have played in red if we'd wanted to.

I just cant get worked up about this, sorry. People were kicking off about it at Fulham aswell, but the sky didnt fall in, the team played well and 6,000 odd Town fans had a great day out in London. Whats the big deal?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 20:10:39 »

I don't understand why the player's would choose to wear white either? Considering our traditional colour is red and our main kit is red, I just don't get that.

To be fair in every game we have lost this season we have worn red. Maybe they do see it as a bit of a lucky thing. The blue seems to be the lucky kit but obviously we can't wear that.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #202 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 20:10:59 »

I expect most fans didn't know there was a decision to be made.

Red Vs Blue - in both league games both teams have worn their home kit.

Why should there be a decision now? Clearly there was one to be made but I still don't understand why.

I totally agree with what you're saying, We all expected to be wearing red without even thinking about it.

However as the board were obviously open minded about wearing a different kit hence asking the players then surely they should have consulted the fans and asked them? They should have asked the fans not the players in my opinion, Then again they should just have gone with red and not bothered asking the players at all and left it at that.
DMR

« Reply #203 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 20:12:10 »

Bloody hell you lot. I for one genuinely don't care.

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 20:12:51 »

the play off games are a bonus for sponsors.3 televised games that we were not due to play.all their logos will get plenty of camera time
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 20:13:34 »

Bloody hell you lot. I for one genuinely don't care.

Bloody hell?.....bit mild for you DMR,i like you angry.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 20:15:32 »

I moved away from the PC for a while and busied myself doing other things and tried to come round to the minority's way of thinking and thought back over the last week's events.

At this precise time last week, the majority of us were at the CG getting superbly behind the team wearing red to get a decent score to give us the best chance in the second leg.  At around 9.10 pm on Monday night, some of us were then again when it looked like the only place we were going was back down the M4 feeling bloody awful with the season over.  However, we all know what happened from there, so maybe we should just count ourselves lucky that we've even got the opportunity to moan about the colour of the kit we'll be playing in at Wembley?

No, hasn't worked.  It's still a crap decision and I'm still totally pissed off about it!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #207 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 20:17:18 »

the play off games are a bonus for sponsors.3 televised games that we were not due to play.all their logos will get plenty of camera time

Hmm thinking about it (sorry if it's already mentioned):

Red for SF Leg 1
Blue for SF Leg 2
White for Final

sn5_red

« Reply #208 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 20:18:46 »

the away shirt has FIFA 10 on it.
which is now old hat? World cup games out and FIFA 11 will be soon enough
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 20:18:57 »

Also 30,000 came back in red to a town full of red in 1969......we had just beaten Arsenal 3-1..in white.

No one cared then and i wont if we beat those thugees from ol landon tann.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: