Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Charlton Athletic - A Matchday Thread  (Read 43601 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:20:54 »

Yes Batch but he has been given the funds to replace such missing players and hasn't.We have bought in 2 centre midfielders yet this season 6 different players have played in that position.3 different left wingers 4 different left backs 4 right backs and 4 right wingers.Our most effective players are being hampered and pretty much fucked off with wilson playing players to justify his signings.

I'm not saying lets sack him but to just have blind faith and hope he will be ok is stupid imo

OK so what do you do then? You have to let him get on with it or sack him. It is my opinion a mid table finish is not enough to sack him for. A relegation battle then maybe but I'm not sure I would then - as long as we don't go down.

Personally I can't see us attracting a better man for the job.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:21:18 »

I think arriba's got it bang on in these two posts. Most of us expected this side to challenge this season (me included) and were really excited about it. So the come down of the disappointment is all the harder. arriba was one of the few who kept his feet on the ground about the overexcitement so he's not got that same level of bitter disappointment now (don''t mean he's not hacked off, I'm sure he's as pissed off as the rest of us, just less of a disappointment because he anticipated it where most of us didn't). Fair play arriba, speaking for myself, I got sucked into the hype, you didn't and you were right. We're not as bad as we were tonight and we won't go down, but we're nowhere near as good as we thought we were.

I think the difference is this season, we don't have the excuse of being a side who hasn't put down a few bob on improving the squad. We're pretty much up there this time around with the bigger budgets in the league, not necessarily on transfer fees, but certainly on wages, and if you're gonna put a decent amount in, you expect a decent amount back. So far this season has produced zilch and we'll end up cashing in on our main asset if we're not careful.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #362 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:21:54 »

Dear jim will fix it, get rid of our shit manager, Josh aged 8
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:22:34 »

Ive said it before.

Bring Jerel Ifil back please Dannyboy
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:24:10 »

OK so what do you do then? You have to let him get on with it or sack him. It is my opinion a mid table finish is not enough to sack him for. A relegation battle then maybe but I'm not sure I would then - as long as we don't go down.

We can be unhappy with him without wanting him to be sacked. If he can learn from his mistakes then all will be well; last season buys him more time for that anyway that it would for say a malpas. If the same things continue to happen though, his position must become questioned

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:24:32 »

You have good days..and bad days.............but as long as i watch Swindon Town i wont accept a team without passion....a team without passion that was Swindon Town tonight.
Oh hell yes. No matter what the quality/expectations etc that display tonight was just bloody unacceptable. I was ruminating more about our overall position
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:26:19 »

My original post was aimed at Glos_robin gingerDave:

I'm not saying he should be sacked or anything but I don't think he deserves much longer as he isn't as special as you seem to thing,

I'm not happy with him myself in terms of formation/personel played out of position.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #367 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:27:19 »

That's not my decision is it but what i will say is if you think this board will be happy to see their investment finish midtable then so be it. Wilson has had the backing far far more than Malpas did and has a much better squad of players than he did and at this moment in time is doing no better than him.

I'm not one for saying sack the manager and all that shit but when you go so long without being able to win games when going from behind and bringing on dogshite players in the hope of turning a game around you should at least expect some flack. He rightly took all the plaudits last season but these are times you show your managment skills so lets hope and see if he has that in his locker.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:31:18 »

Does a serious football league team ship 14 goals in 5 games?

We're a third of the way through the season, heading for about 51 points by game 45 and apparently getting worse

Gloucs Robin commented before the game that we've supported shit teams who've had shit players who've played shit but at least they tried whereas this doesn't feel quite the same.

This feels wasteful and I'm sort of half remembering some of the monkey hangers fans comments about Wilson on here.

At this stage of the season it is fair for judgements to start coming in.  C'mon now Danny, it's time to show your strengths and get this sorted.
santasdead

« Reply #369 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:31:35 »

This isn't even an official matchday thread. We expect a good performace from the players when we can't even get the thread title correct. Pathetic.

And, it's only November...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:32:11 »

Well said DRS. To take just one example, I don't see what question AOB is the answer to.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:33:18 »

Well said DRS. To take just one example, I don't see what question AOB is the answer to.
Unless it's "What could I possibly do to make us look any worse?"
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #372 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:35:03 »

Well it worked.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:36:24 »

Who is the best at playing hide and seek behind opposition players whilst ignoring the massive chasm of space down the wings?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:38:38 »

PS, I'm not disagreeing with you DRS, I just don't think his job should be in question in the imminent future, which some people implied.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: