Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Charlton Athletic - A Matchday Thread  (Read 43620 times)
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:56:07 »

could be worse.he could have lived in newport

At least then I'd be at home by now.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:57:01 »

Has Wilson been interviewed? Or is he still reading them the riot act in the changing rooms? Hopefully the latter.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:57:39 »

Has Wilson been interviewed? Or is he still reading them the riot act in the changing rooms? Hopefully the latter.
Yes, surprisingly he felt that there were postives to be taken....
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #333 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:58:19 »

Thing is it's easy to blame people like O'Brien but in his defence what the fuck is he going to do at 3 nil down? Don't get me wrong he is fucking awful but blaming people like him is just papering over the cracks.

I'm rarely negative on here but after that tonight some serious serious problem solving needs doing by the players and managment.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #334 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:58:37 »

Does Frampton fancy moving into management?
He wants you to show him the way.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:59:03 »

Alan!!!

Alan O'Brien isn't a footballer is he.

That was fucking turgid.

Well sorry peeps,............dire,fucking dire..all has been said.

What a performance to put in for poor Fred who is laying dead............passionless on the pitch,,,clueless off it.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:59:13 »

I was writing a war and peace reply of what is wrong at the club, but I'll sum it up instead.

Whilst Wilson can find good players and get them playing well, as soon as things start going wrong he doesn't have a fucking clue. We saw it last season when opponents set out to disrupt our style of play and he couldn't deal with it, if he had we'd be in the Championship now. We're seeing it this season as well, he can't find that winning formula so he's making bizarre and random selections and tactics in the hope something clicks.

Our squad is as strong if not stronger than last season and our performances and results just aren't good enough, it's all going a bit Malpas which is very, very worrying. Annoying as well, our attendances are way up this season but that isn't going to last and all the hard work will have been for nothing as we move backwards again.

The most worrying thing is Austin. He is our best player by a long shot and if things carry on like this he won't want to hang around when the inevitable offers start coming in January. If he goes, we'll be totally and completely fucked.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:59:18 »

Well that was shocking tonight. We were utter dogshite and our midfield and defence was like the fucking Red Sea with any of their players playing Moses. All 3 goals yet again were down to fucking useless defending rather than good attacking. Morrison and Cuthbert were both fucking useless. Rose is by far the worst defender I've seen in God knows how many years. Thompson was lost but its only his 1st league game - lucky not to get booked and fair play to the Charlton lad who didn't make a meal of it. JPM was back to his ineffectual worst. Ritchie did OK. Caddis was wank. Prutton was OK in fits and starts. Pericard was worse than useless. Charlie looked really good. His all round game just keeps getting better but if I was him I'd be seriuosly fucked off with the support he's getting. AOB should just fuck off now. He's not looking for the ball - he's not going wide to get it. He's got an even worse football brain than Ifill.
I thuoght the ref was bloody good tonight. He kept his cards in his pocket and tried to let the game flow at every opportunity.
One thuoght for the games in the next week. Going out of the FA Cup in the 1st round and losing in the JPT did for Malpas from a similar league position. Given the targets set by Fitton, will he be brutal. I hope not, but Wilson has really got to sort out a defence that shits itself, aimlessly hoofing the ball forward and the confidence of the players who looked flat after Charltons first.
Oh and with Manchester Road shut you couldn't even get a blow job and a bag of chips and change from a tenner on the way home.
All in all, a bad night - and Nemo is a cunt who shouldn't start another thread.   

Reading that, you've just saved me ranting on. Spot on post.

Was also thinking myself that Wilson may, and I emphasise may, only have a few weeks left. This as per chalkies_shorts pointing out Malpas and what happened when we were knocked out both cups. Wilson has also been given a fair whack of resources as well the last couple of years. I really hope he can turn it round but judging on tonight and the atmosphere in the stands, I fear the worst.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:01:29 by dogs » Logged
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:00:37 »

Utter wank. First half wasn't too bad. At least we looked to play the ball around at times and created some chances. 2nd half was complete shite. No fight, no passion, no attempt to win 2nd balls, awful passing (most of it long) laziness from pretty much every player bar Prutton and Austin. Totally clueless at the back all game. They walked all over us and we didn't close down and constantly let them run at us. Hate to say it but we're getting worse and not better on evidence of tonight. Shocking.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #339 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:01:14 »

I was writing a war and peace reply of what is wrong at the club, but I'll sum it up instead.

Whilst Wilson can find good players and get them playing well, as soon as things start going wrong he doesn't have a fucking clue. We saw it last season when opponents set out to disrupt our style of play and he couldn't deal with it, if he had we'd be in the Championship now. We're seeing it this season as well, he can't find that winning formula so he's making bizarre and random selections and tactics in the hope something clicks.

Our squad is as strong if not stronger than last season and our performances and results just aren't good enough, it's all going a bit Malpas which is very, very worrying. Annoying as well, our attendances are way up this season but that isn't going to last and all the hard work will have been for nothing as we move backwards again.

The most worrying thing is Austin. He is our best player by a long shot and if things carry on like this he won't want to hang around when the inevitable offers start coming in January. If he goes, we'll be totally and completely fucked.
This sums it up perfectly in my opinion. Great post
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:01:38 »

He finally came out around 10.30. I switched off half-way through and can't remember most of what was said other than that he'd read the team the riot act (my phrasing) and it had been largely one way. Oh, and Nathan Thompson can hold his head up high because he wasn't nearly as bad as most of them.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:03:25 »

dave are you the lad i watched the playoff semi with in the metropolitan? If so i'm coming from brizzle on the train and you can get a later train back than that. Me and a mate will have few beers in bath after the game too.

I think I was! I know there's a later train, but i'd still be on it now if i'd waited for it.

The game was shite. Nothing more to add, though the criticisms of pericard are harsh. He was getting booed for not being able to run fast which, last time I checked, isn't something you can easily fix on the training ground.

Should have watched the facebook film Sad

Things get better but they never get good

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:03:43 »

the squad isn't stronger.it just has more bodies
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:04:00 »

Not blaming O'Brien for the result buddy, but he clearly aint a footballer is he.

Morrison and Austin were the only decent players for me tonight, maybe Smithy.

I have no idea what the problem is because it aint obvious - will need to sleep on it

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:04:52 »

Prutton,Caddis,JP etc.......where was the support for young Thomson tonight........god how does he feel after that debut.....did ok in my opinion.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: