Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Charlton Athletic - A Matchday Thread  (Read 43620 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:26:26 »

I did see it, yes it was shit but Frampton may be part of the puzzle to fix our defence. Not going to slate a guy who hasnt had a fair crack of the whip so to speak.

So, the guy who signs on a months loan and is now injured with an ankle injury is our potential saviour?

Have a word Gaz, we need a lot more than one defender.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:26:52 »

I don't know why people are going on about the board not spending any money, do you think they're paying the likes of Prutton and Pericard peanuts?! The board are the least responsible in my opinion. They've supported Wilson when he's requested a player.

I just don't understand how we've gone so far backwards from last season? Prutton and Charlie were the only ones to come out of tonights game with any credit. Smith didn't do much wrong either.

Let me see:

Smith - Couldn't do much with goals, kicked ok, saved one ordeal.
Thompson - First and last time I e seen him. I hope.
Cuthbert - Got turned a few times too easily. Seemed to head the ball up in the air instead of away several times.
Morrison - Didn't look as strong as he usually does. Not sure where he and Cuthbert were for their third goal.  The guy had literally 4 yards free around him.
Rose - Hooooof. Not good enough. Can certainly cross a ball, but very poor defensively with poor distribution.
Caddis - Didn't do much. Barely noticed him on the pitch before he got subbed in the second half.
Prutton - Worked hard, ran around a lot. Was tough for him considering he had JP next to him.
JP - He just clearly not a centre midfielder so i don't want to be too harsh. We lose everything he's good at when he's in the middle.
Ritchie - a few promising runs but he's lightweight. Struggled in a poor team.
Austin - Easily towns best player. Considering he's only been a pro for just over 12 months, the rest of the players should be ashamed of themselves. Felt sorry for him. No service, and nobody good enough to play with him. His work rate alone put the others to shame.
Pericard - Surplus to requirements. I've gone easy on him in the past, but he was awful tonight. He's a big lad but won very few headers. His control is terrible, he's slow and doesn't try very hard.

Dossevi - Missed a sitter, didn't do a great deal but put it a little effort.
O'Brien - Another player I've gone easy on in the past considering his injury problems. He's a waste of space, and how he has the Gaul go wear yellow boots and drive a White Range Rover I don't know. He's an embarrassment and needs to be shipped out. The sooner the better.
Ball - Looked lively in parts, but he's not a winger. Rather see him up top with Charlie than Vince.

And breathe...
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #302 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:27:05 »

Key players lost last season,Striker,Left winger and centre half,players bought in? Right back centre midfielder and a left back.

That was fucking awful and like i say with players when they play well i will praise them and when they are poor they will be told and thats no different for Wilson he needs to fucking sort it soon.Not just him either Shirtliffe was praised for his great defensive work last year so where is it this year.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:27:28 »

how was the ref bennett? did he get your evil tongue?
tans

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:29:03 »

Shirtliffe was praised for his great defensive work last year so where is it this year.

Brighton
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:30:06 »

how was the ref bennett? did he get your evil tongue?
he wasn't too bad, he gave soft decisions either way!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:30:15 »

I don't know why people are going on about the board not spending any money, do you think they're paying the likes of Prutton and Pericard peanuts?! The board are the least responsible in my opinion. They've supported Wilson when he's requested a player.
Who wouldn't discuss a 2 year deal for Greer?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #307 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:31:14 »

smith 7 - did nothing wrong, i thought he could have moved for the second goal but it was a good header
thompson 5 - looked out of his depth bless him
rose 4 - offered nothing but a hoof down the line or to an isolated striker
cuthbert 5 - at least looked as if
morrison 4 - looked as if he wanted to go home
caddis 4 - never looked like he'd offer much and the ball didn't really ever come to him to do anything with
jpm 2 - fucking shite. tried to win the ball back but that counts for nothing if you're going to do fucking nothing with it
prutton 5 - not a mom performance. he gave a toss yes, but often tried a stupidly overly clever ball which didn't pay off
ritchie 6 - looked sharp but ultimately didn't have much to feed in the box
pericard 4 - got bored of trying to win headers to head it on to a charlton defender. to be fair i would to
austin 7 - looked like he gave a toss, unfortunate that all three of his shots were saveable.

dossevi 5 - brought the wingers into the game when he came on but
aob 0 - can't pass or control a ball. any good work he did (ie helping create dossevi's corner flag attack) is again written off due to his inability to bother being a winger. he came inside for 95% of the time he was on the field
ball 6 - same as ritchie, looked sharp but ultimately any crosses would be futile and headed away

my comments
we're relying on austin to score goals (who apparently monstered the ball into the town end once the boos started at FT)
douglas's replacement in prutton is not sufficient
no plan B again

it's annoying to play the "if game" but if charlie's shots had found the net i think we'd have won that, charlton didn't look significantly better than us, just had a ruthless edge
In my opinion they looked ten times better than us
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:32:01 »

Key players lost last season,Striker,Left winger and centre half,players bought in? Right back centre midfielder and a left back.

Quite:

Sheehan, Greer, Manks/Derby, Ward, Ferry, Douglas, Paynter  - all players that were pretty much ever present last year and didnt play tonight. In fact those that are still here haven't played in the same formation/settled team. And JPM and Manks have both been woeful when they have played.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #309 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:33:05 »

Who wouldn't discuss a 2 year deal for Greer?
That's irrelevent now tbf. I'm more baffled at Wilsons persistence in stupid formations stupid subs and blind faith in some total utter shit
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:33:24 »

They were. Set up extremely well, Semedo in the middle ran the game and every time they went forward they looked like scoring. Our defence couldn't deal with Aniyinsah running at them.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:33:37 »

i respect your opinion deano, they were clearly more organised etc

oh and why the shitting hell did neither fullback or a centreback look for the ball off smith instead of kicking it into a gale?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:34:29 »

That's irrelevent now tbf. I'm more baffled at Wilsons persistence in stupid formations stupid subs and blind faith in some total utter shit

The man speaketh sense
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #313 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:35:33 »

Obviously Bennett they felt knocking it long to the gigantic ritchie would work
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:38:26 »

Fucking shit, I practically broke the sound barrier getting to the game from Plymouth today, I managed a two minute stop at home, a couple of words to the wife, a kiss on the forehead for my son, then out to the game without any tea - and I was treated to that fucking horror show... (and a pie that tasted like regurgitated dog faeces)

I made the effort tonight, so what happened to that bunch of fucking morons?

Bunch of passionless, witless, aimless twats (Austin exempt), I wish itchy genital herpes on them all.

I fucking hate football...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: