Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Charlton Athletic - A Matchday Thread  (Read 43607 times)
Meth Test

« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:13:56 »

As the straightest man on this forum by a factor of 4.6 I'd willingly suck Slabber off if he would decapitate Vincent Pericard.

Methaphorically of course.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:14:05 »

That was absolute shite tonight and quite frankly embarassing.  Barely anyone on the pitch in Swindon colours looked interested, the defence was a shambles as usual and the midfield virtually non existent.  We supposedly played 2 up front, but Charlie might as well have been on his own.  Didn't listen to Wilson's interview, so not sure what his take on tonight's pathetic performance was, but he has to start shouldering some of the blame. Morrison and Cuthbert clearly do not work together and Pericard, well the fact that virtually the whole DRS cheered when he won a header just before he was substituted said it all.  And did anyone understand the point of bringing Ball on for Richie?  Why not go 3 up front considering we were losing?  If we lose on Saturday and again next Tuesday, our season is over and I think it will be bye bye Danny.  Yes folks, I've officially joined the slitting wrist brigade.  Utter crap.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:14:21 »

Quite simply, we are paying the price for not replacing key players. We need to stop relying on Austin.

Was awful, the 'what a load of rubbish' chant at the end summed it up, that really wasn't good enough. Vincent Pericard isn't good enough, he's lazy, he's slow.....he's shit.

Charlton were set up well, Parkinson has done well to rebuild their side considering the amount of key players that they lost in the summer.

STFC_Gazza

« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:14:55 »

Sacking Wilson is the last thing we should do. I still think get Douglas back, a decent holding midfielder, let Frampton get settled in and we will be ok.
Dozno9

« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:16:46 »

Pericard is not good, but we don't exactly have an abundance of ritches to replace him with. That's the trouble, we have fuck all depth. We have a decent 6/7 when fit but that's about it.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:18:19 »

Shit game, lack of atmosphere, no passion, no commitment, no quality. The whole team were poor- every single player.

The Wilson brigade can fuck off though. The goals conceeded tonight were extremely shocking. He can do nothing about that. Frampton needs to partner Cuthbert in defence. Caddis needs to go to RB, that is down to Wilson to sort. And sort it, I think he will.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:19:03 »

First half wasn't that bad in that we got forward enough to force a number of corners, and Austin was denied twice by the keeper and Ritchie a foot or two away from equalising. We didn't look mega dangerous Austin aside.

Unfortunately the defence looked the bag of shite it currently is. Easily bullied, always vulnerable.

The second half was the biggest load of dog shit.  Absolute crap f the highest order. There is no point in saying more than that.

Players than "done good" : Austin, Prutton
Players who can hold their heads up: Smith, Thomson (given it was his first league game - not yet a first team player mind).
Players who were dog shit: Everyone else.

Our issue: 3,2,0,1,5,2,3,3 = 2.375 goals conceeded per game in our last 8.

The confidence is draining away.
flammableBen

« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:19:16 »

As the straightest man on this forum by a factor of 4.6 I'd willingly suck Slabber off if he would decapitate Vincent Pericard.

Methaphorically of course.

I like what you did there and you've obviously lurked for a while. Nice.
woolster

« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:19:54 »

Sacking Wilson is the last thing we should do. I still think get Douglas back, a decent holding midfielder, let Frampton get settled in and we will be ok.
i take it from your upbeat post you didnt witness that shit

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:21:23 »

the problems have been obvious for months.i dont get the surprise from some of you and now blowing it out of proportion.
key players have gone, and the shape of the team was changed to accomodate new players.we were never going to mount a promotion charge without like for like replacements of greer and paynter.2 massive losses to the side and so bloody obvious from the outset.

there is only one way we will do what the majority of fans now demand(challenge)and that is to spend money on quality.not packing the squad out with dross to make the numbers up.we need quality over quantity.
can't see it happening so get used to it
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:23:11 by arriba » Logged
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:21:54 »

Well well.... How on earth can Wilson explain this one?

Speechless really. Utter crap.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #296 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:22:20 »

I think sacking Wilson would be a big mistake, he has a track record. The board will prob realise we dropped a bollock not replacing Paynter and Greer sufficiently. Selling Greer now looks like a massive mistake for the back 4. We were shit in defence before he got here, shit now he is gone. Hate to say it but Greer must have really been a good captain for the back 4. Lucas has looked poor not having the steady head in front of him. I still hope Frampton can replace Greer. Paynter was more I think a person you would love to have in the dressing room, the players unlike last year dont seem to give a shit.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #297 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:23:11 »

i take it from your upbeat post you didnt witness that shit

I did see it, yes it was shit but Frampton may be part of the puzzle to fix our defence. Not going to slate a guy who hasnt had a fair crack of the whip so to speak.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:23:36 »

Charlton were set up well, Parkinson has done well to rebuild their side considering the amount of key players that they lost in the summer.

And this was the difference in a nutshell.  They looked like they wanted something from the game and outfought us in every area.

Also shows that it is possible to rebuild on very little money after losing key players.  The difference here is that Parkinson's brought players into the positions where they were most required. He's also clearly playing them where they should be playing and not out of position just to accommodate his favourites!
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:24:02 »

smith 7 - did nothing wrong, i thought he could have moved for the second goal but it was a good header
thompson 5 - looked out of his depth bless him
rose 4 - offered nothing but a hoof down the line or to an isolated striker
cuthbert 5 - at least looked as if
morrison 4 - looked as if he wanted to go home
caddis 4 - never looked like he'd offer much and the ball didn't really ever come to him to do anything with
jpm 2 - fucking shite. tried to win the ball back but that counts for nothing if you're going to do fucking nothing with it
prutton 5 - not a mom performance. he gave a toss yes, but often tried a stupidly overly clever ball which didn't pay off
ritchie 6 - looked sharp but ultimately didn't have much to feed in the box
pericard 4 - got bored of trying to win headers to head it on to a charlton defender. to be fair i would to
austin 7 - looked like he gave a toss, unfortunate that all three of his shots were saveable.

dossevi 5 - brought the wingers into the game when he came on but
aob 0 - can't pass or control a ball. any good work he did (ie helping create dossevi's corner flag attack) is again written off due to his inability to bother being a winger. he came inside for 95% of the time he was on the field
ball 6 - same as ritchie, looked sharp but ultimately any crosses would be futile and headed away

my comments
we're relying on austin to score goals (who apparently monstered the ball into the town end once the boos started at FT)
douglas's replacement in prutton is not sufficient
no plan B again

it's annoying to play the "if game" but if charlie's shots had found the net i think we'd have won that, charlton didn't look significantly better than us, just had a ruthless edge

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: