Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Walsall Matchday Thread  (Read 35804 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 00:46:26 »

Great goal..my mate Boo was smiling....the last time he smiled was when he had wind as a baby.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 00:58:13 »

Difference being johny is that walters and fjortoft were international players who made a name by doing things like that. I would say cox goal was as good a goal you are likely to see at this level and was more than just ok

Sure they were international players (though Walters had long since retired from that level) but they were playing for Swindon at the Country Ground when they scored the goals I'm referring to.

I wasn't trying to put Cox down either, I still can't understand what the fuck someone with his quality and work rate is doing here. He's easily Championship material and I'd love to see him given a go in the Premiership, he's definitely got a chance of making it big time.

He seems to be getting better as well, he's improved a lot since the first time I saw him play. As regards the goal, on reflection I'd maybe improve my rating to above average but I can't go any higher than that.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 01:03:37 »

Thats fair enough all opinion at thd end of the day
DMR

« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 05:34:44 »

People calling the Cox goal the best goal ever at the CG need to get a fucking grip unless you've only been watching for 6 weeks. Very well taken but come on. Fallon vs City? Parkin vs City in the LDV, best move ever with that super cross from Nicholas? Walters' chip agsinst Bolton? Ty Gooden's belter against Barnsley/Huddersfield? Brownlie against Barnet? Fjortoft backwards header against Norwich? FFS I love Cox but that goal's not even in the top 10.

Vincent is a god and now he's back we'll stay up.
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 07:32:43 »

People calling the Cox goal the best goal ever at the CG need to get a fucking grip unless you've only been watching for 6 weeks. Very well taken but come on. Fallon vs City? Parkin vs City in the LDV, best move ever with that super cross from Nicholas? Walters' chip agsinst Bolton? Ty Gooden's belter against Barnsley/Huddersfield? Brownlie against Barnet? Fjortoft backwards header against Norwich? FFS I love Cox but that goal's not even in the t

Vincent is a god and now he's back we'll stay up.

Of those ones you said, I have only actually seen Fallons (which i mentioned as an exception) and Brownlies (which I agree was brilliant, but made better by the timing - and Coxs was better anyway). I've been a Town suppoter for since a small child, but have only been able to afford to go regulary with a season ticket over the last 6-7 years (not 6 weeks) I think it was one of the best i've seen.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 08:15:35 »

Only limited mention in this thread, but Saint Brez was awful.

Nearly cost us at the end with those corners and can't remember him making one good catch from a cross all night. If Smith had perfomed like this we'd never had heard the end of it.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 08:34:39 »

I am still undecided about DW but have to admire his team selection, lots of surprises that in general seemed to work.
Brez is still a bit dodgy though.
The defence was much better , until Timlin came on.
The midfield still needs a hard man.
Cox & Paynter did ok (what can you say about "that" goal). How Cox was not offside for the third goal is beyond me.
We seemed to lose the plot late on and bottled out of a few challenges (Paynter & McNamee)
Good 3 points, now we need more from the next 2 away games.

PS  thought Greer could well be the answer to our fragile defence.

When you're smiling.........
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 08:56:56 »

Only limited mention in this thread, but Saint Brez was awful.

Nearly cost us at the end with those corners and can't remember him making one good catch from a cross all night. If Smith had perfomed like this we'd never had heard the end of it.
  Different eyes eh! I thought Brez was solid, made one very good save 1st five mins from their guy 2 yards out. Agree he was shaky last 10, but when you have your defenders making bad errors that leave you exposed, i guess most keepers would.Once the defence firms up, we'll see less shaky periods.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 08:58:17 »

Spoke to Nick Watkins before the game... we are definately looking to get one more player coming on board, they ad hoped for 2 but that seems unlikely now (unless of course Salisbury can now take some of our young'uns now the have their rich benefactor back in place)...
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 08:59:20 »

With Keepers its a confidence thing. He could've and should've come and collected more really. But I put that down to the keeper coach? What do they actually do in training? Maybe it was nerves?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 09:02:22 »

With Keepers its a confidence thing. He could've and should've come and collected more really. But I put that down to the keeper coach? What do they actually do in training? Maybe it was nerves?

Kick, catch, roll, catch, throw, kick, catch, kick, pick ball out of back of net, kick, catch, point, shout, jump, dive... pretty much sums up what I've seen...

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 09:03:55 »

Phew.....i reckon my ass is still twitching!!

Why do we always make it so hard for ourselves?

Cox goal was a beaut but Paynters was the most important....my mate was telling me how good Ince was just as he dived over the ball!!   Get in!

20 games left.... i reckon thats enough to get us out of trouble....

New signings looked ok....A defender that doesnt panic is a real asset.

Brez looked dodgy.

McNamee coming on?Huh?  What was that all about......sticking on a luxtury player when we need to scrap was a poor decision IMO. Even Ince wrong footed him near the death......

3 POINTS IS 3 POINTS....so no more moaning from me....

Clems Army!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 09:15:34 »

Think the macca decision worked tbh. If we had sat back any further we would have been off the pitch by bringing him on we had another option and they ended up with players marking him
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 09:21:14 »

i thoroughly enjoyed the game, despite the last 15 minutes or so.

greer and robson-kanu look like excellent acquisitions and that new bloke at left-back was immense...who was he again?

despite saying "oh, i doubt i'll bother again this season" i think i'll be at the sarfend game. have we turned a corner? perhaps so.

nalis was the only player on the pitch last night who didn't look good enough. it's sad really, he was a quality player with decent pedigree and he looked like an old man next to chris allen.

i'm optimistic...cautiously Smiley

the norwegian report: "good game"
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 09:37:50 »

Think the macca decision worked tbh. If we had sat back any further we would have been off the pitch by bringing him on we had another option and they ended up with players marking him

I do understand why (Outlet down the wing, knock balls to chase etc etc) but i just felt it didnt happen, IMO.

BUT We won...so....it worked.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: