Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wise & Poyet in talks with Leeds  (Read 26155 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 09:35:37 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Quote from: "Newburyroyal"
Id hope that wise and poyet show a bit of respect to swindon and say there, they have a job to complete and should repay the faith you and the board have shown them in appointing them in the first place. I would also like to voice my disgust at leeds, for a team in the champions league 4/5 years ago getting 40,000, more than 60% of them have vanished with now crowds of  17,000 plastic anyone?

If they leave, will show true unloyal colours which is sad in football these days.

FUCK OFF

Yes
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 09:35:47 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"
Quote from: "mattboyslim"
On a slightly lighter note it is good to see the club actually state facts regarding compensation, a years wages seems reasonable, in the past I can imagine it being 50p and a pre season friendly.  Still monumentally rubbish though!

Rejoice! I here what you're saying but it cheers me very little.

Wise's departure would be the shortest stay as full-time manager (in regards to games played) in our history... I think.

It's got to be a close run thing between Todd, Evans and Wise I would have thought?

Either way, this club is a complete joke.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 09:36:46 »

On a slightly lighter note it is good to see the club actually state facts regarding compensation, a years wages seems reasonable, in the past I can imagine it being 50p and a pre season friendly.  Still monumentally rubbish though!

Wise's departure would be the shortest stay as full-time manager (in regards to games played) in our history... I think.

Think T*dd had one less.
sonic youth

« Reply #18 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 09:38:18 »

on the leeds official site...

Leeds United can confirm their interest in bringing Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet to Elland Road.

Discussions with the pair have taken place with the consent of Swindon Town.

The clubs are discussing the terms of their release.

No further comment will be made at this stage.

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/NewsroomDetail/0,,10273~916314,00.html
Rich Pullen

« Reply #19 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 09:38:30 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Either way, this club is a complete joke.

Yes

We should avoid any "returns" from the likes of Iffy.

If only Leyton Orient had lost on the weekend and we could have appointed Martin Ling fairly easily!!!!!

P.S. We still need a goalkeeper!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 09:39:17 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
on the leeds official site...

Leeds United can confirm their interest in bringing Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet to Elland Road.

Discussions with the pair have taken place with the consent of Swindon Town.

The clubs are discussing the terms of their release.

No further comment will be made at this stage.

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/NewsroomDetail/0,,10273~916314,00.html

That sounds pretty clear cut to me.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 09:40:27 »

this club is a shambles, don't want to go on a rant cause i can't be bothered but seriously, from here can you see the board making a decent replacement? the board to stop crying?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #22 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 09:43:27 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Think T*dd had one less.

I just had a looksy on swindon-town-fc.co.uk - Todd had less league games but because of cups he has 1 more game on Wise's tenure.

Not a great stat to look back on!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 09:44:03 »

Budget constraints will surely dictate a cheapo/deperado  replacement.

It's like we have been reset back to last season now. I guess we still have a chance on the field should the players manage to hold it together.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #24 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 09:47:01 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Budget constraints will surely dictate a cheapo/deperado  replacement.

It's like we have been reset back to last season now. I guess we still have a chance on the field should the players manage to hold it together.

Agreed. We have a better team than last season and we're not jam-packed full of loan players. And as mentioned it's not as if we'll lose many players to Leeds United.

The team have done well to shrug off the behind the scenes chaos on the pitch.

The departure of Wise and Poyet though? Could be a bridge too far!?!?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 09:50:24 »

We could be in the same league as Leeds next season....... Cheesy
sonic youth

« Reply #26 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 09:52:44 »

the leeds fans don't seem so deadset against the appointment anymore either. in fact, the general consensus is positive.

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=888&p=16&style=2&forumId=4029&action=1&replytoid=2120959965
http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=888&p=16&style=2&forumId=4029&action=1&replytoid=2120961413

we're properly fucked...
Scot Munroe

« Reply #27 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 09:57:48 »

Leeds fans never wanted Wise as manager of leeds. I heard a rumour that
Gary Mcallister would become the leeds boss on saturday. When Leeds played Birmingham at Elland Road after they sacked Blackwell. Leeds fans were singing anti wise songs.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 10:00:35 »

Agreed. We have a better team than last season and we're not jam-packed full of loan players. And as mentioned it's not as if we'll lose many players to Leeds United.

The team have done well to shrug off the behind the scenes chaos

No we won't lose them to Leeds, but we better get promoted this year because most of them are on a 1 year deal and I don't doubt the 'reset' will be complete come next season with loans and sub standards bulking up the squad, (this was true with or without Wise).
fatbury

« Reply #29 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 10:04:01 »

Thats that then!!

And to cap it all we dont even get Ince in instead ...

Thank you to the Board !! Anyone want to buy a season ticket or do I just chuck it back at the people in the exec area .. as lets face it we are heading downwards fast without Wise

I dont blame him for leaving
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: