Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chesterfield v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23069 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 09:51:24 »

Will take an away point, as always.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 11:05:27 »

Same system, and more playing lads out of position due to injury....it's a wing and a prayer approach, which will get exposed sooner or later.  Evans is just the sort to make it sooner.
We played 4 4 2 last year totally different system
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 11:16:02 »

We played 4 4 2 last year totally different system

I meant that we seem to be playing the wing back system favoured by Williams this season, as we did for much of last season, which led to some dodgy goals leaked.  Given the problems we've already got with lack personnel at the back, I just can't see a clean sheet....hope I'm wrong.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 11:21:00 »

I do think that a lot of teams are considered "bogey teams" and this somehow seems to hold water, us vs the Pox recently, us vs Cheltenham etc etc.

Chesterfield consider us as one of their "bogey teams" and we have not lost there in 12 years, admittedly we have only played 3 games there but we have won 2 and drawn one of those.

If you go back further, right back over 31 years, we have only lost there 3 times in that period with 1 draw and 5 wins.

In fact home and away vs Chesterfield we have only suffered 1 defeat in the last 8 meetings, that being the JPT final at Wembley, we have beaten them in the last 4 matches scoring 11 goals and only conceding 1.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 11:27:22 »

I do think that a lot of teams are considered "bogey teams" and this somehow seems to hold water, us vs the Pox recently, us vs Cheltenham etc etc.

Chesterfield consider us as one of their "bogey teams" and we have not lost there in 12 years, admittedly we have only played 3 games there but we have won 2 and drawn one of those.

If you go back further, right back over 31 years, we have only lost there 3 times in that period with 1 draw and 5 wins.

In fact home and away vs Chesterfield we have only suffered 1 defeat in the last 8 meetings, that being the JPT final at Wembley, we have beaten them in the last 4 matches scoring 11 goals and only conceding 1.

I remember being at Saltergate, when Kingy put out 3 at the back, Reeeeeves, Viveash and Hoofwood.  Spireites hadn't won in the first 14 or so from season's opener. Possibly the slowest back 3 in history, and we were soon undone losing 3-0.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 11:27:35 »

Danny Wilson has more or less stated that their main tactic will be to press and force a mistake when we are playing out from the back (see article on Adver site).

Counter this and we should be ok.
The worry is if Norris can play the full 90 after midweek.
Doughty & Goddard should freshen up the midfield.
Maybe BOO & Furlong in at wing back and Thomas to remain as CB.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 11:34:04 »

Wilson has tried to press us before, with little effect. It really isn't an easy thing to coach or to execute.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 11:35:35 »

General opinion then seems to be Brophy out.harsh?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 11:39:43 »

Could just be tired. But given his improvement as the game went on last week and his goal on Wednesday, if I were him, if be telling everyone how fit I was feeling.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 11:41:54 »

If thats true then yes very harsh, but he did run his socks off on Wednesday for the full 120 mins, maybe his fitness levels aren't high enough to play a full 90 mins today too?

Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 11:44:10 »

I remember being at Saltergate, when Kingy put out 3 at the back, Reeeeeves, Viveash and Hoofwood.  Spireites hadn't won in the first 14 or so from season's opener. Possibly the slowest back 3 in history, and we were soon undone losing 3-0.

Sebastien Ruster (hands up who remembers him) came on in place of Adi after only 25 minutes, by which time we were already two goals down.  It was one of only two league appearances he made for us (both as a sub).  He managed one start in a Trophy game and one other sub appearance in the FA Cup.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 11:48:02 »

Sebastien Ruster (hands up who remembers him) came on in place of Adi after only 25 minutes, by which time we were already two goals down.  It was one of only two league appearances he made for us (both as a sub).  He managed one start in a Trophy game and one other sub appearance in the FA Cup.

Ruster....one name in the lengthy list of disappointing STFC Francophone imports. More bizarrely we had Deon Burton playing up front.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 11:53:18 »

Ruster....one name in the lengthy list of disappointing STFC Francophone imports. More bizarrely we had Deon Burton playing up front.

Deon was here on a one month loan while SSP was injured.  Scored one from four games.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 11:53:49 »

1-1, but that'll do me
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 11:57:34 »

Deon was here on a one month loan while SSP was injured.  Scored one from four games.
He did and he was pretty crap as well IIRC, was still playing last season for Worcester City at the age of 39, interestingly thats where Lee Hughes is now playing and hes 40!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: