Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chesterfield v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22543 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 19:09:57 »

My sentiments exactly.

I think some people just want to be fucking miserable, personally.

Even Williams said we were pathetic, if you've made the effort and expense to go and watch that, then you're entitled to be pissed off, if you so desire.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 19:11:52 »

Even Williams said we were pathetic, if you've made the effort and expense to go and watch that, then you're entitled to be pissed off, if you so desire.

Yeah I guess you do.

It all depends on mindset, I guess.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Flashheart

« Reply #122 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 19:18:33 »

Being pissed off at a poor performance is understandable, acting as though it means we are terrible with no chance of improving is not. 
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 20:00:37 »

Being shit at the start is not a worry and we got three points on the board!

My expectations are mid table at best so I'm not too bothered.

Clems Army!
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 20:32:55 »

In a way it could be a good thing we had a shit result like today before the window closes. Highlights very clearly to the powers that be, that we need more bodies in certain areas.

I Don't expect anything from the pikeys game but another signing around then would see me happy enough at this stage of the season with 3 points.
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 21:06:20 »

Just read back, if Williams said that was pathetic, good to see he's got standards....seen far more abject performances than that in our recent past with no such public declarations by the incumbent.

Thought Chesterfield looked a well-drilled, well-organised side, we did have a go at times but just couldn't find a way through. Their right winger was a thorn in our side throughout, whatever views are on Evans, he'll score a hatful at this level as he did before his spell sewing mailbags. Special mention to Vigs, they could have been well out of sight earlier than half time but for his efforts. Actually thought we may have a shout if we could have made it to half time just a goal behind, very soft penalty to concede though and that was pretty much that. Another good little cameo from Stewart following Wednesday, deserves a place in the starting line up.

Atrocious refereeing at times aside and the loss of Norris as others have mentioned, we were beaten by a side more competent in pretty much every department. Not really any consolation but we didn't look devoid of ideas as we did in the dark days last September and October. May live to regret saying it but, having watched us today and at QPR, think we'll finish pretty much similar to where we ended up last season.

One last thing, seen other people comment about moaning at the players. You pay your money, you're entitled to your opinion - as long as they put a shift in, personally don't see the point in getting stuck into them, the likes of Hylton look short enough on confidence as it is.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, August 14, 2016, 08:35:24 »

Are the 'lowlights' available?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, August 14, 2016, 08:46:02 »

On sky sports website.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, August 14, 2016, 09:03:58 »

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/10535488/chesterfield-3-1-swindon

soft pen but he did slightly nudge him. then again every corner should result in a penalty if consistency applied
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, August 14, 2016, 10:21:53 »

Foolish from Thompson, just shoulder barged him in the back. Absolutely needless.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, August 14, 2016, 10:34:53 »

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/10535488/chesterfield-3-1-swindon

soft pen but he did slightly nudge him. then again every corner should result in a penalty if consistency applied

Last season we conceded sack loads of pens.....it happens because the defenders are under duress. To prevent this happening in theory you should be keeping possession of the ball further up the park.  This is why we start slowly, trying to keep the ball as a defensive tactic.  Unfortunately, we're way too easy to play against.....Wilson pretty  much summed it up with his pre match comments having watched us on Wednesday.

We need a bit more tactical flexibilty. I would say that the loss of 2 CB's, should mean going to 4-4-2, or even 4-5-1.  OK we got away with it v Cov, but won't against most teams in this league, given the available personnel.

Back in Feb when we got a 0-0 at Priestfield we played 4 at the back, 3 of whom are available for Tuesday...the more defensive mids, were Rodgers, Kasim and Doughty.....so it can be done.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, August 14, 2016, 11:10:17 »

We need a bit more tactical flexibilty. I would say that the loss of 2 CB's, should mean going to 4-4-2, or even 4-5-1.  OK we got away with it v Cov, but won't against most teams in this league, given the available personnel.

This is what we needed yesterday, not just in preparation for a match but during it.  When we lost Norris we simply replaced him with Hylton & played the same way we'd set up for.  Flexible tactics (plan B) is something we need desperately, revised formations etc. 
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, August 14, 2016, 17:47:23 »

I hate Plan B - never use it - C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y and Z are fine
Please don't push for Plan B
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, August 14, 2016, 17:59:50 »

plan b has a real sting in it's tale
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: