Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chesterfield v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22542 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« on: Friday, August 12, 2016, 23:01:24 »

So, week 2 is upon us..

Following a home win to start us off, we then went on to give it a good go in the EFL Cup 1st round, only to be knocked out via penalties.

Chesterfield started off with a 1-1 draw to Poxford, followed by a 3-1 loss.

With Doughty back available and a healthier looking squad (with some new addition(s)), I’m going for a 2-0 Swindon win, with Stewart & Norris getting the goals!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 00:36:25 »

With Doughty back available and a healthier looking squad (with some new addition(s)), I’m going for a 2-0 Swindon win, with Stewart & Norris getting the goals!

The 2-0 win is highly unlikely....our last 2 visits to the Spireites have been an aggreagte of 0-7. It can't last....bizarrely last season when defensively we were terrible the Spireites failed to notch against us. A dull 1-1 would be very acceptable.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 00:40:37 »

The 2-0 win is highly unlikely....our last 2 visits to the Spireites have been an aggreagte of 0-7. It can't last....bizarrely last season when defensively we were terrible the Spireites failed to notch against us. A dull 1-1 would be very acceptable.

Meh, I don't really read into previous visits.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 01:08:27 »

Scrappy uninspiring 1-0 victory, typical STFC fashion after a good cup performance against a higher league side. But I would gladly take it
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 07:31:37 »

Feeling confident about this game so a win 0-1

Bathtime
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 07:53:24 »

Inspired by our unexpected start, I'm going to this one.  Hope to see us continue to improve & will be happy with a point, but think we'll sneak it. 2-1.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 08:17:35 »

2-2 with goals from Doughty and Norris. Team selection will be interesting and no doubt impacted by wednesdays efforts. I think this is how it may look -vigoroux, furlong, thomas, thompson, sendles-white, boo, kasim, smith, doughty, goddard, norris. Subs - henry, barry,  brophy, rogers, hylton, landolo and stewart. With obika, branco and jones all out injured that is reasonable strength in depth now.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 08:34:13 »

Draw. 1-1

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Malvern Red

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 08:41:04 »

I'm feeling positive and will go for a 3-1 win for us Doughty, Norris and Yasser again with the goals, will be interesting to see the side Williams goes with my side would be Vigs Brophy JSW Nathan Jones ( if available) Furlong Kasim Doughty Thomas Goddard Norris : sub's Henry Barry Landolo Hylton Young Stewart Rodgers
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 08:46:35 »

1-1 with Norris getting off the mark with 6,321 there in attendance with 675 Town fans there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 08:58:54 »

Meh, I don't really read into previous visits.

You should try it....keeping 2 clean sheets last season was anomolous.  I don't see as we're any further forward with the defensive issues, not helped at all by injuries.   Cov could have been out of sight early doors, had they had a finisher....Chesterfield have Evans.  Just can't see another clean sheet.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 09:04:15 »

You should try it....keeping 2 clean sheets last season was anomolous.  I don't see as we're any further forward with the defensive issues, not helped at all by injuries.   Cov could have been out of sight early doors, had they had a finisher....Chesterfield have Evans.  Just can't see another clean sheet.
Not sure how you can say that about the defence when today's back three will not include 1 player who played in that game last year.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 09:24:13 »

Pre match carpentry in the Spa Lane Vaults.

Surprised no-one has got round to fixing the wonky spire after all these years.
Crooked spire due to lack of qualified workers following the Black Death apparently.

Anyway, good recent record here.
See no reason why there can't be another "unlikely victory" with a clean sheet today.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 09:34:01 »

Not sure how you can say that about the defence when today's back three will not include 1 player who played in that game last year.

Same system, and more playing lads out of position due to injury....it's a wing and a prayer approach, which will get exposed sooner or later.  Evans is just the sort to make it sooner.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 09:44:00 »

Chesterfield owe us one and its typical Swindon to falter kust when things are looking pretty rosey. 2-0 Chesterfield. I think we'll be a bit leggy from Wednesday
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: