Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The not STFC Transfer Rumours thread  (Read 42858 times)
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2023, 15:14:18 »

Players moving on for money is something I’ve changed my mind on a lot over the past few years. Previously I’d look at players like Oscar moving to China or the recent Saudi expansions for big bucks with confusion but when looking at how short a players career is and on the reverse how cut throat football clubs are with cutting ties with players, you’d almost be foolish not to take those big money moves at that stage of your career. Life doesn’t stop when a player retires and setting up your future and family’s security with a couple big contracts can be done.

Wellens to Salford was also one I’ve come round on. The guy was offered probably way more money at a job much closer to home, regardless of how it turned out, it would have been silly to turn down.

In purely footballing reasons and what effects this has on a wider scale however like Riddick mentions is a different point.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2023, 15:23:00 »

I never had an issue with Wellens going. What stuck in the craw was him saying Lee Power was a great chairman!
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2023, 15:28:54 »

I never had an issue with Wellens going. What stuck in the craw was him saying Lee Power was a great chairman!

I think that's a fair comment.

I never had a problem with him leaving given what was going on at the club, and moving closer to his family.

I think there would be very very few who would leave like that and then out the chairman honestly. I doubt any would. I also suspect as a manager, Power was a pretty good chairman. Just look at the talent he 'paid' for that season. We paid for Doyle to sign perm for 5 months for fucks sake, crazy. Power is a cunt, not backing him at all, but from a football point of view, he did everything Wellens wanted, until Power decided to cut it all off that summer.
DMC

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2023, 15:33:53 »

This is exactly my feelings. He knew exactly what was going on he was mates with them all and that's what bothered me most, got the heads up and fucked off
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2023, 15:53:52 »

I think that's a fair comment.

I never had a problem with him leaving given what was going on at the club, and moving closer to his family.

I think there would be very very few who would leave like that and then out the chairman honestly. I doubt any would. I also suspect as a manager, Power was a pretty good chairman. Just look at the talent he 'paid' for that season. We paid for Doyle to sign perm for 5 months for fucks sake, crazy. Power is a cunt, not backing him at all, but from a football point of view, he did everything Wellens wanted, until Power decided to cut it all off that summer.

To say that when he knew what was going on and what the fans felt, and he has doubled down since the implosion, shows a very strange lack of regard for the fans and the club in my opinion.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2023, 15:55:05 »

This. 

It just fuelled all the mongs that wouldn't hear a bad word against him. 
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2023, 17:47:38 »

Back to JMT training with us. I’ve just read a tweet that Big Dunc never played him towards the end of the season even though he was fit. We may have benefitted as JMT wasn’t going to stick around with him in charge. Let’s hope we’ve already signed him up given the news today.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2023, 18:08:48 »

Back to JMT training with us. I’ve just read a tweet that Big Dunc never played him towards the end of the season even though he was fit. We may have benefitted as JMT wasn’t going to stick around with him in charge. Let’s hope we’ve already signed him up given the news today.
It would be classic us if he now ends up going back to FGR.....

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2023, 18:44:41 »

It would be classic us if he now ends up going back to FGR.....

As player manager
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 07:35:26 »

According to Wikipedia this guy can barely manage 25 games a season?

ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 07:44:49 »

Was ever present in FGRs last 2 League Two campaigns including captaining them to the title (apps for first season there skewed by covid). Last season he did get injured at end of October last season for a few months and when he returned, Dunc went to a back 4 which JMT can't do so wasn't ever going to play.
Hopefully if he can be managed in same way Willo and Gladwin were for us, we'd be able to get the FGR captain stint out of him.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 08:03:50 »

He’s left sided isn’t he? Interesting to see what that means for Clayton and FBT. Maybe FBT is back the left hand side after all.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 08:10:08 »

He’s left sided isn’t he? Interesting to see what that means for Clayton and FBT. Maybe FBT is back the left hand side after all.
Left footed but plays best (and most at FGR) in the centre of a 3 in a Cover style role and organising the back 3. Makes him an even better fit for us with how unorganized our defence was last year.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 08:23:06 »

Back to JMT training with us.

Jordan Alan Moore-Taylor - I wonder whether his parents were comic book fans!

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 10:02:50 »

Sebastian Revan.

Left back/centre back from Aston Villa on loan. 19 year old teammate of Shades for St Kitts and Nevis played 24 times for Hereford on loan last season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: