Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The not STFC Transfer Rumours thread  (Read 43468 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #75 on: Thursday, July 6, 2023, 13:49:24 »

Also noticed a lot more recently that other clubs are overtaking us on the season ticket numbers such as Grimsby and Notts County.
Add to that Gills, Mansfield and Stockport who all have topped 5k ticket sales, Bradford always sell many more due to the ticket price being so low, Wimbledon are said to be over 4k already in season ticket sales as well as the 8k at Wrexham, some big home averages this coming season in L2.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, July 6, 2023, 13:51:44 »

But overall income from ticket sales means that us, averaging 9-10,000 - will see 5000 paying full price. Most of Those others hovering around 5000 STs won’t get an extra 5,000 POTD fans.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #77 on: Thursday, July 6, 2023, 13:53:20 »

He didn't say we were skint, I think what he said was that some clubs where money is no object (We know who they are), are paying well over the odds and he isn't prepared to do that. There's a difference between wasting money and being skint. He said once the market speeds up things will calm down and reality will ensue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #78 on: Thursday, July 6, 2023, 13:54:57 »

But overall income from ticket sales means that us, averaging 9-10,000 - will see 5000 paying full price. Most of Those others hovering around 5000 STs won’t get an extra 5,000 POTD fans.
True but out of the clubs who have sold 5k the only ones who probably wont get too many more OTD sales would be Mansfield and Grimsby, even Gills will have a couple of 1,000 on the days if they start well.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, July 6, 2023, 14:03:08 »

Cowleys previous posts suggest he doesn’t know what he’s fucking talking about, much like the rest of us.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, July 6, 2023, 14:03:29 »

Wrexham and Stockport are limited by their capacities so neither is going to get substantially more in ticket income than us - although that doesn’t matter to Wrexham.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #81 on: Thursday, July 6, 2023, 14:05:40 »

Wrexham and Stockport are limited by their capacities so neither is going to get substantially more in ticket income than us - although that doesn’t matter to Wrexham.
Both teams averaged higher home gates than us last season though. We will get more fans in if we are doing well, but there is zero guarantee of that!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, July 6, 2023, 14:08:40 »

Yeah, but hardly that many more to produce substantially more income. I’d guess, too, our ticket prices were a bit more!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #83 on: Thursday, July 6, 2023, 14:12:10 »

Yeah, but hardly that many more to produce substantially more income. I’d guess, too, our ticket prices were a bit more!
Not sure about ticket prices TBH mate but I think we are no longer one of the higher ones we are about middle of the park on season tickets and match day prices now.

Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, July 6, 2023, 14:13:01 »

Stockpot averaged a massive 69 more than us!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, July 6, 2023, 14:14:55 »

We must have a couple of hundred sponsors too  Smiley

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, July 6, 2023, 14:16:48 »

Not sure about ticket prices TBH mate but I think we are no longer one of the higher ones we are about middle of the park on season tickets and match day prices now.
Christ. Is £27 the norm now?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #87 on: Thursday, July 6, 2023, 14:17:51 »

The other thing as well though is that Gills, Notts County, Wrexham, Stockport, Mansfield all have a very rich backer, partly why the season ticket sales are so high.

As they all feel the likelihood of a decent season with the extra funds and wages for new players so the fans are backing them with bums on seats, Grimsby too seem to think they will have a good season.

In all honesty there are very few fans of clubs that think their own teams will not do well, other than, for whatever reason, we seem to be collectively thinking that as a fanbase.

Partly that is down to previous owners and partly that we haven't made any significant signings so far.

Of course that COULD change, but I am not sure it will change.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #88 on: Thursday, July 6, 2023, 14:18:59 »

Stockpot averaged a massive 69 more than us!
They did but its still more than us and they finished higher in the league and have a very rich owner.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, July 6, 2023, 14:33:33 »

I posted about some of the other clubs accounts a while back - in essence, the big ones in this Division all make (or find ways of reporting) about the same level of Revenue in a season as we do now - Bradford were a good example.  The difference is the appetite to run at a loss and "fund" that loss.  While Clem has loaned the business money to pay off debt, we have not had any appetite to run at any sort of significant loss, with the 500k being talked about as the current bridge to break even.  To that end, a Bradford or Wrexham can outspend us.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: