Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stoke City Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 70200 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 23:08:23 »

Just got back to my digs in Leicester......fucking brilliant.......the bollocks...

That's in my top ten games and at one point I wouldn't really have given a fuck who won it!

What a hat trick.....sorenson totally spooned it into the air and bang.....he went sprawling into the net as I went spasmo!

Stewards started to panic when we all turned up........I'm all over the place.....can't see me getting to sleep too early........oh what a night! Smiley

Clems Army!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 00:03:39 »

Arrived fairly early and it was clear there'd be a good turn out from us - lots paying on the gate and the stewards, catering etc were all getting a bit overrun. They ended up opening 2 or 3 extra sections of the stand for us.

We got on top of the game by playing neat passing football. I know it's a bit cliché and easy to criticise Stoke for playing boring hoofball, but they did. Thankfully by half-time football was winning. Sorensen completely fluffed a cross for Collins to tap home, before a great header for the second. In all honesty, Sorensen had a bit of a nightmare throughout the match with blocked kicks, wayward kicks and general panic. Before the break, De Vita also had a couple of good chances, hitting the post at least once, whilst Williams maybe took one touch too many when well placed.

Second half they came at us - the expected aerial bombardment. It felt unjust when they drew level - we were playing football properly and our fans were outclassing them by a long way - but the goal was almost inevitable.

Into extra time, and it was all a bit nervy, but Flint rose above everybody to nod home. Then they pulled one back, a nice cross from Walters and Crouch was never going to miss. Then Williams wasted a couple of chances before a last minute winner right in front of the Town fans. How it ended up in the goal I have no idea, Sorensen seemed to save it, then his arms were flailing about and it was over the line. They all count!!

Cue the exodus of Stoke fans, and a rather jolly away end. Great night and all for £12! Bargain!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 00:08:03 »

Ah, that was fan-fucking-tastic.

Enjoyable game - a neutral TV audience would have loved it. I loved it - even more as nothing beats a last minute winner does it?

Till Stoke scored their first goal there was only one team in the game. We were playing better football, we worked harder and we were the only team who wanted to be there.

Then we let them back in with a sloppy goal (I've only see the goals once live from the other end) but Wes appeared to be in the middle of no where - then they bought on the big guns. At this point the steward sat just to the side of me piped up a bit, smug git...

Then we started to panic, Stoke went even more direct and dirty. Pennant sore alot of the ball and any time McCormack or McEvely went near him he hit the deck - sure some were free kicks others werent but EVERY time we went long towards Williams or Collins, Huth and Upson were pushing them in the back, or Upsons favourite arms round the waist and we got fuck all for any of that - including a very decent penalty shout.

Anyway, we had our panic and Stoke got their second, meh....disappointing but Stoke had certainly had the better of the game at the time

Now - how many Swindon sides would have let their heads drops and completely lost all their bottle at that point and let in a third?

Thankfully full time came when it did - because it gave Di Canio a chance to re-focus the players and we came out for extra time with our heads up again playing football and took the lead again, only to give it away again.

Then Williams made a great run all he had to do was square it and he turned in and shot. Wrong choice, then next time he squared it when he should have shot - ah well....

Then we looked to be getting on top again. Stoke were tired so they went for lazy football, just hoof, all they did hoof - even more hoof than the whole game towards the end. Our players were still passing, and covering alot of ground - our superior fitness shone through and we pushed and nicked it right at the end, no more than we deserved.

As for players.

I thought Thompson looked assured when he came on. I thought Stoke would move Crouch out that way and pepper little Thompson with balls over the top but in fairness he handled himself well in the air and made a few good tackles. Impressive cameo.

Flint was a beast in the air and probably wont the large majority of the headers.

Worried about McEvely as our only left back and going off injured.

I thought De Vita was superb whilst he was on. His touch was class, he took players on, great passing, great movement and I think we lost a bit of attacking impetus when we took him off. Although Ferry added alot of hustle and bustle in the middle which was needed.

Collins was excellent when he was in the game - when we were playing our stuff we kept getting the ball into his feet and in behind and he was causing them all sorts of problems, sadly we went a bit long ball ourselves at times which didnt help him. 3 well taken goals.

Williams again was a constant threat when we using him properly and playing balls over the top. Still dont think he will score many goals but will create shit loads for Collins and Benson but getting in behind.

I hope the smug steward feels a bit of a cunt now.

Stewarding was very shoddy - they netted off so much of the away end - that well we ran out of room and it took them ages to finally open up more of the ground for us.

...but...we played good football, we scored 4 goals, we kept going, we didnt tire, we had heart, commitment, passion, desire and we NEVER gave up - all traits Paolo Di Canio has installed at this club, all traits we have missed for many years. All traits that will make us successful.

The man is just the shot in the arm his club has been crying out for, for years.

Last of all, a little shout out to Paul Caddis - you are an absolutely fucking fool if you dont want to be part of this circus anymore. This circus is fantastic, this circus is going places. You need this circus more than it needs you and this will be the best ever circus you will ever be apart of.

Roll on the next game.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 00:32:35 »

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

Get in Peter Crouch.

Great player.

Come on 10 man Stoke.

Bet you feel like a bit of a cunt now dont you?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 00:43:27 »

Bet you feel like a bit of a cunt now dont you?

As do many stoke fans I imagine, poor turnout- no atmosphere until they scored- taking their shirts off when equalising- hoodies apparently thowing bottles at town fans in the harvester beer garden. And the press big them up as the amazing 12th man best in the country. Ha!
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 00:56:24 »

Got back around 30 minutes ago, fucking brilliant what a night still so high after the result thought we'd lost it when Stoke made it 2-2 and couldn't believe when we actually went 3-2 up again. To be honest I couldn't believe it when we won it in the last minute. Unbelievable night. Support was class but it wasn't exactly hard to support a team when they play like that,
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 01:36:04 »

As do many stoke fans I imagine, poor turnout- no atmosphere until they scored- taking their shirts off when equalising- hoodies apparently thowing bottles at town fans in the harvester beer garden. And the press big them up as the amazing 12th man best in the country. Ha!

saw that first hand - it was pathetic, then our fans start throwing their drinks and plastic cups back at them.

well 'ard

chavfest.
70s townender

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 05:23:52 »

just got in from my night shift still buzzing  great win read your  post DV made me feel even better "onwards and upwards" "come on you town"

we are going as warriors
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 05:54:44 »

I haven't bounded out of bed like that in a long time.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 06:29:28 »

Im full of emotion over this one. I mean what the hell is happening to our club. Something special I'd say, it's a dream.  Championship, mr wray ur havin a laugh, the premier league beckons. Well done pdc. Come back caddis. I just don't know what to do with myself.
nochee

« Reply #595 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 07:23:52 »

So, I've only just managed to find some Internet. Did I miss anything special?
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 07:24:08 »

What singles this game out is that we had to fight to the end.  It was not against the usual League Cup reserve team from the Premiership, but against their best.  It was no 1-0 fluke, with Town putting 10 men behind the ball for 85 minutes.  It was full throttle, 120 mins attacking football, with Stoke twice pulling level and putting the pressure on from 77 mins onwards.  Must rate up there in the top 10 games ever.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 07:49:29 »

Impressed with Tony Pulis and his post match comments giving credit where credits due.Don't like his tactics but he's gone up in my estimation and fat boy from Rotherham could learn a lot from him.Hav'nt heard how Jay is yet and hope he's fit for sunday.A huge well done to PDC and his players and especially all the fans who travelled
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 07:50:52 »

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/stoke-3-swindon-town-4/

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 07:54:49 »

Wow that ranks up there with the best Town games I've ever watched and probably the best under Paolo so far. (potentially the morning after is clouding my judgement I suppose)

I can't offer too much of an analysis as my brian and mind are still emotional fucked up. The highs and lows experienced last night were epic.

The 1200 there last night were superb as per usual, special night
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: