Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stoke City Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 69376 times)
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #750 on: Friday, August 31, 2012, 06:10:02 »

Don't think it's that bad a draw, one of the easiest ties we could have got and at home. Will depend on how seriously Burnley take it, got to be a good chance they'll rest some players to save them for the league which Paolo ain't going to do.

Definitely winnable and then an even better chance of a big draw in the next round.
if not I would take the winners of Bradford and Burton at home and then we are in the quarter finals- Wemberleeeey!
Barry Scott

« Reply #751 on: Friday, August 31, 2012, 06:27:12 »

paolo's going nowhere soon, he'll only leave at the end of a season because of his massive emphasis on pre-season - which has been completely vindicated.  there's no way he could stand having a group of players not able to meet his expectations from a fitness point of view.  even then the right club would have to be in the market for him and if the worst does happen and he does leave then we'll be able to make the right (hopefully) appointment to replace him.

Completely agree. I'd also like to think he'll be more than aware that most clubs at a higher level are already bursting at the seams with players. Players that, for the most part, I think will be more complacent and used to being the boss.

When (or if!) he goes Paolo knows that he has to start again. Build a new team, be allowed to ship out at his will. Be allowed control in everything from top to bottom. The backing he's has here, is rare. Not just rare but the contractual situation within the squad was also ripe for a man like Paolo. He'll have real issues at a new club and won't have all his ducks in a row off the bat. The pressure, which we all know he thrives on, will be huge and after what he's built here, wouldn't exactly be inviting.

Obviously it's all speculation and confirmation bias, but I think most of it would prove true if the worst were to happen.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: Friday, August 31, 2012, 09:48:01 »

Just watched the highlights on the stfc player.  Its on our own bloody site, do you not think they could get the players names right.  Adam Flint mentioned twice in the commentary.  Annoying. 

It is annoying, but all the Player commentary is done by a third party, so not much the club can do about it. I know for a fact that the mispronunciation of Aden's name has been mentioned to the guy who does the commentary. Clearly he paid no attention.
Flashheart

« Reply #753 on: Friday, August 31, 2012, 09:49:56 »

Nice hat-trick from Jim Collins as well.

(although I suppose Jim is short for James)
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: