Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Homles  (Read 34151 times)
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 13:28:44 »

@luke_oufc94
@conradmynes
As a slight aside, I find it very hard to take anybody who has both the initials of their club AND their year of birth in their username. Especially when it's 1994!

I also like Pox's grasp of geography...'He came down from Southampton to play for us' - Last time i looked on a map Poxford wasnt in the solent....wish it was though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 13:31:37 »

[reg]Matt Ritchies replacement for next season[/reg]
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 13:32:20 »

It's getting better over there. They are now suggesting that all Yellowbellies cancel their Betfair accounts cos that's where we get our money from!

Priceless - how on earth will Betfair carry on without all their pocket money 

Cheesy Dearie me, a meltdown that makes Harrisburg look distinctly like a side show

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 13:35:17 »

I have a question .....

We must have a squad of over 30 players now?  How can we possibly be within that 60% salary cap?

I am guessing there must be ways around it, maybe with the owners putting money in as sponsership.

I was just wondering ....
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 13:36:48 »

It is as funny as fuck, any of our rivals players that play well against us, we sign a few weeks later. Chelts must be worried as fuck Smiley

We are developing a very nice theme of signing players who play well against us: Rooney, Holmes...tried Constable. Hopefully Pack is next. I won't hold my breath on that one - he can go onto big things.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 13:39:56 »

According to the scum forum it's a signed deal for Pack coming to us next year.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 13:42:13 »

Not sure I quite understand what this poster is banging on about?

Agree. He might have them top of the league and geared for promotion, but there's so many questions that go deeper than that with PDC. The influx of foreign superstars and their subsequent departures/cancelled contracts, the dealing of Medhi Kerrouche, the countless touchline bans and this bitter, dog-with-a-bone obsession to endear himself to the natives by getting one over on Oxford. He can't seem to manage it on the pitch, so he'll do it off it - by outbidding us for a player Swindon quite frankly don't need.

Losing Holmes is a real shame as he had evident talent and has clearly left for more money. You could see he enjoyed his football here and his celebrations during the Swindon game left me wondering whether we could keep him longer. No shame in being outbid by Swindon - I just hope the familiar mantra of 'financial irregularities' crops up sooner rather than later in Wiltshire in the not-too-distant future.

Read more: http://www.yellowsforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=oufcplayers&action=display&thread=7933&page=5#ixzz1p69dsLqk

He really should have stopped after this sentance - 'He might have them top of the league and geared for promotion, but there's so many questions that go deeper than that with PDC'

I hate to come across as obsessed with them, but they really do have some special people over there!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 13:52:21 »

He's a loan player for fuck sake - how can we even offer him more money. Surely no matter where he plays on loan and for who he will still get the same wages Southampton pay him every week.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 13:55:34 »

Now that PDC has made a good start with us, contrary to the hopes & expectations of many fans from elsewhere, and now that we're top of this league and looking good for promotion - our detractors are having to resort to the only argument left to them: that the title push has been funded from unsustainable sources and that we are storing up trouble for the future.

All of this conjecture is unsubstantiated, and runs contrary to Nick Watkins' comments from yesterday concerning the ease with which the bottom line has held up this year despite operating in Division Four.  The truth is, we don't know...but neither do the fans of Oxford or any other club.  We will find out, for sure, when the club's next set of financial statements are produced.

Of course, the cup runs and impending Wembley appearance will have boosted revenues this year, but this is never mentioned by the conspiracy theorists who have convinced themselves that it's all about to blow up.  Neither is it ever explained how players who have been signed from York City, Grimsby and Alfreton are going to be on £5,000 or £6,000 per week.
kerry red

« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 13:56:41 »

To be fair, it is understandable. They know - but hate admitting- that we have the look of a club not only getting promoted this season, but could well go on again next season.

Their only crumb of comfort is that somehow we have got some 'nasties' hiding in the shadows that will eventually be exposed sending tus umbling back from whence we came.

They come over all holier than thou re how the respective clubs are run financially without ever admitting that they have no option other than to run their club on a shoestring.

To that extent they are no different to the vast majority of clubs in League 2 - no money and searching for players in the bargain bucket and just hoping a winning formula magically appears (bit like Cheltenham I suppose).

But the problem for all such similar clubs is that if they ever do get promoted their best players will get cherry picked and they will end up as before (bit like Wycombe I suppose) bouncing between Leagues 1 and 2.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 14:00:25 »

Now that PDC has made a good start with us, contrary to the hopes & expectations of many fans from elsewhere, and now that we're top of this league and looking good for promotion - our detractors are having to resort to the only argument left to them: that the title push has been funded from unsustainable sources and that we are storing up trouble for the future.

All of this conjecture is unsubstantiated, and runs contrary to Nick Watkins' comments from yesterday concerning the ease with which the bottom line has held up this year despite operating in Division Four.  The truth is, we don't know...but neither do the fans of Oxford or any other club.  We will find out, for sure, when the club's next set of financial statements are produced.

Of course, the cup runs and impending Wembley appearance will have boosted revenues this year, but this is never mentioned by the conspiracy theorists who have convinced themselves that it's all about to blow up.  Neither is it ever explained how players who have been signed from York City, Grimsby and Alfreton are going to be on £5,000 or £6,000 per week.

Top post.

Its probably better financially to be at the top of a league rather than the bottom of another even if the league you are top of, is below the other one - if that makes sense.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 14:04:37 »

Not sure I quite understand what this poster is banging on about?

Agree. He might have them top of the league and geared for promotion, but there's so many questions that go deeper than that with PDC. The influx of foreign superstars and their subsequent departures/cancelled contracts, the dealing of Medhi Kerrouche, the countless touchline bans and this bitter, dog-with-a-bone obsession to endear himself to the natives by getting one over on Oxford. He can't seem to manage it on the pitch, so he'll do it off it - by outbidding us for a player Swindon quite frankly don't need.

Losing Holmes is a real shame as he had evident talent and has clearly left for more money. You could see he enjoyed his football here and his celebrations during the Swindon game left me wondering whether we could keep him longer. No shame in being outbid by Swindon - I just hope the familiar mantra of 'financial irregularities' crops up sooner rather than later in Wiltshire in the not-too-distant future.

Read more: http://www.yellowsforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=oufcplayers&action=display&thread=7933&page=5#ixzz1p69dsLqk

He really should have stopped after this sentance - 'He might have them top of the league and geared for promotion, but there's so many questions that go deeper than that with PDC'

I hate to come across as obsessed with them, but they really do have some special people over there!

Presumably he can't understand league tables?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 14:18:29 »

He's referring to Di Canio's failure to beat Oxford which is sadly a valid point.

Football Forums: Where everybody is an expert on every football club.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 14:19:37 »

I also like Pox's grasp of geography...'He came down from Southampton to play for us' - Last time i looked on a map Poxford wasnt in the solent....wish it was though.

Antarctica would be better.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 15:04:50 »

He's referring to Di Canio's failure to beat Oxford which is sadly a valid point.

Football Forums: Where everybody is an expert on every football club.

It might be a valid point. But at the start of the season, do you think PDC pre-season objectives were to beat Oxford or get us promoted?

At the end of the day we have lost to them twice, but top the league by a large margin. They really are clinging on to flimsy glories in a futile attempt of oneupmanship.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: