Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Homles  (Read 33523 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 18:47:49 »

Were top and every week someone starts a thread laying into our players, I never known so much crap people are spouting out these last few months. Get a grip people, either back our players and Di Canio or fuck off.

(oh, and Holmes will be our best player next season, and all you doubters can kiss his ass)

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 18:55:21 »

Were top and every week someone starts a thread laying into our players, I never known so much crap people are spouting out these last few months. Get a grip people, either back our players and Di Canio or fuck off.

(oh, and Holmes will be our best player next season, and all you doubters can kiss his ass)

To be fair the thread was initially started to say he was signing on loan.  It's just now developed from that into people's opinions of him since he's been here.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 19:00:13 »

Rooney is a very good player and a very gifted player. However, he doesn't work back, he doesn't know how to change his game and he doesn't support those around him. That's why he gets hauled off -because if the full-back has sussed him he can't and won't do anything to redress that. Sure, if the ball is going his way he can be very good but he won't just be solid if it isn't, so he has to come off.

Forget which home game it was but we were pulling the opposition out to the right flank and Rooney was sat in acres of space. It looked like a deliberate tactic to allow him to come inside and destroy them - but because we couldn't feed him, he did nothing.

He didn't get closer to Benson, he didn't even offer the midfield the odd short ball and then spin out behind. He waited and wandered until PDC hauled him off and De Vita went on. He contested everything, he supported and he protected and then we went ahead.

He's great, but he can also be a passenger. Holmes is never a passenger, he tries and tries and tries.  Even when, as in that game the other flank is giving him nothing or as in the JPT, the full-backs and wingers are doubling up. This isn't an either or we need both types of player.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 19:24:21 »

Didn't Gills say he never tracked back as well when he played for them? He is still young so maybe a good preseason will sort him out.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #289 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 19:29:31 »

Its perfectly reasonable to talk about a player on loan and speculate whether we'll sign him or not. How is it having a go or should we just worship anything STFC?
I think he's shit and wouldn't sign him - others completely disagree. If he gets in the top 5 of player of the year next year then I'll gladly kiss his ass. 
I think you are the one who needs to get a grip. Fancy fans on a football forum giving their opinions - fuck me, what next.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 19:33:33 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 21:37:19 »

Rooney is the most promising out of the 3 mentioned, only 21 like someone mentioned and gets a few assist here and there.

yeah he cuts inside to often but from what i remember he hasnt got much of a left foot so thats understandable. he can only get better and yes a pre season with pdc will be good for him.

imho i think we play better with rooney and ritchie on the wings than we do with holmes/ritchie partnership. seems like we score more aswell not sure about the stats though but im sure someone will find them.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: