Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 next season....who do you want?  (Read 61074 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 15:01:54 »

Talking of great grounds, I can't wait till easter monday. Never been to Hillsborough before and it's a proper old fashioned, big ground.

Been there a few times.... the first time i went in 1979 when we had a sniff of promotion.....the noise from the home end Hillsborough Kop is something i still remember.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 15:16:32 »

and don't forget Eastville with its dog and speedway track around it.

Somerton Park Newport, used to have a speedway/dog track around it....I liked going there. There is an outside chance of them coming up to L2 this year....I've been to there new ground, which is in fact a Withdean style athletics stadium, and marginally less shit.

Fleetwood Town would be proper exciting next season.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #107 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 15:19:49 »

Somerton Park Newport, used to have a speedway/dog track around it....I liked going there. There is an outside chance of them coming up to L2 this year....I've been to there new ground, which is in fact a Withdean style athletics stadium, and marginally less shit.

Fleetwood Town would be proper exciting next season.

I was one of idiots nicked in 82 at Newport - not a good night but generally Newport is quite good fun, aLthuogh not been to the new one.
 Fleetwood is a right shithole - I was there a few months ago.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 15:20:30 »

Yep....interestingly(for me) Reg that stadium is on the main road,next to Price the builders ware i deliver.....there is a big old park opposite and a strange run down building that i would like to know was in a former life....will get the name of it next time there.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 15:27:15 »

I was one of idiots nicked in 82 at Newport - not a good night but generally Newport is quite good fun, aLthuogh not been to the new one.
 Fleetwood is a right shithole - I was there a few months ago.

Never been to Fleetwood....I'd imagine you could still get some decent fish and chips there. Apparently it's home to Lofthouse who make the Fisherman's Friend.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #110 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 15:31:49 »

Its just down the road from Blackpool and yes you can get good fish and chips but its a rough old place with some right rough old boys. I'd imagine its the kind of place you would need to be respectful and not take liberties. They're also doing a fair amount uf work around the town which meant that roadsigns were meaningless.
Now nearby Southport on the other hand would be a really good day out if they could make it back into the league. Much more genteel and laidback and considerably rmore affluent.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 15:32:54 »

Now nearby Southport on the other hand would be a really good day out if they could make it back into the league. Much more genteel and laidback and considerably rmore affluent.

Ah, that'll be why Paul D had to move away then.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #112 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 15:35:16 »

Ah, that'll be why Paul D had to move away then.
Surprised he didn't move to Fleetwood
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 15:37:35 »

Its just down the road from Blackpool and yes you can get good fish and chips but its a rough old place with some right rough old boys. I'd imagine its the kind of place you would need to be respectful and not take liberties. They're also doing a fair amount uf work around the town which meant that roadsigns were meaningless.

Remember games v Southport from the 60's, Eric Redrobe and Terry Harkin....but never went to Haig Street...Fleetwood would be random, not sure where they've come from.

Wrexham would be a bummer never seen us even get a point there on something like 4 visits.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 15:38:50 »

Fleetwood away sounds good. I've never been to Blackpool in my life and want to experience it's nightlife.
flammableBen

« Reply #115 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 15:41:22 »

Wrexham would be a bummer never seen us even get a point there on something like 4 visits.

I have. Antoine van der Linden super striker.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 15:45:12 »

I have. Antoine van der Linden super striker.
  Smiley
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 15:45:45 »

I remember going to Wrexham when we were in league 2 last time. Absolute shit hole. Been there 5 mins, walking to pub, and some bloke winds his window down, drives past and shouts "fuck off you English wanker" !

Charming place.
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 16:53:19 »

I was at that game, recall we lost 4-3 after being 3-1 up  Eek We had a good following that day.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 16:55:46 »

^

We lost 2-1 didn't we? Ended the 6 game winning streak.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: