Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nile Ranger signs  (Read 101646 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Friday, December 13, 2013, 14:17:17 »

If he's as good as he is with a bad attitude and shit training, just imagine what he'd be like if he was a model professional.  Its very sad that we wont see the best of him and probably, no one else will either.  A waste of talent. 

Never knowingly overstated.
DMR

« Reply #301 on: Friday, December 13, 2013, 14:18:04 »

If he's as good as he is with a bad attitude and shit training, just imagine what he'd be like if he was a model professional.

Not buying this! He's found his level at L1.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Friday, December 13, 2013, 14:19:53 »

I said when we signed him this was the most dumb signing Swindon had made in my memory. Then he won me over by playing well, putting in a shift and behaving himself immaculately on the pitch. Then the wheels start coming off.
Given that he missed training previously, he had got one more chance than he should have. Now this. How many chances are we going to give him?
Its a shame but he has to go.
I think it could also save us some negative PR if he is found guilty.

This is pretty much how I felt initially and feel now.

This has been going on for weeks now and it's quite obvious nothing's going to improve as the trial gets nearer.  Get rid now, it's not fair on the rest of the team to keep giving somebody who clearly doesn't give a shit chance after chance.  Will save some money on the wage bill that can be used for a replacement.

He's a fool.  Would have looked better in court if he'd been the model citizen over the last few months.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Friday, December 13, 2013, 15:03:16 »

He'll be alright, he'll be first on Ian Wright's teamsheet if he does another series of Football Behind Bars... Wink

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #304 on: Friday, December 13, 2013, 15:08:54 »

He'll be alright, he'll be first on Ian Wright's teamsheet if he does another series of Football Behind Bars... Wink
Not sure about that, he has stiff competition from Ched Evans and DJ Campbell.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Friday, December 13, 2013, 15:10:11 »

What a strikeforce!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Friday, December 13, 2013, 15:11:57 »

Fuck, that would be scary....for a few reasons.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Friday, December 13, 2013, 19:05:12 »

I said when we signed him this was the most dumb signing Swindon had made in my memory. Then he won me over by playing well, putting in a shift and behaving himself immaculately on the pitch. Then the wheels start coming off.
Given that he missed training previously, he had got one more chance than he should have. Now this. How many chances are we going to give him?
Its a shame but he has to go.
I think it could also save us some negative PR if he is found guilty.

Were you not around for the Ruddock signing. ...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Friday, December 13, 2013, 19:57:49 »

Good signing while it lasted.

Sell by date past now.

I reckon he's going to clink.

Move on....

Gabbas pen deserves a three year deal alone.

Clems Army!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #309 on: Friday, December 13, 2013, 20:35:54 »

Were you not around for the Ruddock signing. ...
I've been around for signings going back quite a few years. Ruddock was a bad signing as he couldn't even get a contract at the Scum ( he was training with them when we signed him) and we took him on for 5k a week. 
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Friday, December 13, 2013, 20:52:00 »

What exactly is Ranger supposed to have done now? All I've seen is an allegation from Cooper that he has a bad attitude.

We knew he has been trouble in the past, we knew the court case was coming up, we were happy taking the risk as we were getting a decent player on the cheap as a result. If the only issue we've had is a bad attitude I'd say that's better than we could have hoped for when we signed him.

Must be stressful for him with the court case looming, especially if he's convinced he did no wrong but could still be looking at a 5 year sentence (or whatever) for it if found guilty.  I say cut him some slack. Tell him to take a break (unpaid), sort himself out and come back after the court case if found not guilty.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #311 on: Friday, December 13, 2013, 20:54:49 »

Apparently he's been turning up late for training.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #312 on: Friday, December 13, 2013, 21:01:16 »

Same MO that eventually made Newcastle give up on the useless twat. That was without a rape charge hanging over him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-nile-ranger-barred-from-first-1384373

Leopards and spots...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Friday, December 13, 2013, 21:29:44 »

What exactly is Ranger supposed to have done now? All I've seen is an allegation from Cooper that he has a bad attitude.

We knew he has been trouble in the past, we knew the court case was coming up, we were happy taking the risk as we were getting a decent player on the cheap as a result. If the only issue we've had is a bad attitude I'd say that's better than we could have hoped for when we signed him.

Must be stressful for him with the court case looming, especially if he's convinced he did no wrong but could still be looking at a 5 year sentence (or whatever) for it if found guilty.  I say cut him some slack. Tell him to take a break (unpaid), sort himself out and come back after the court case if found not guilty.

Amongst all of the responses, this is probably the best idea for all parties.
DMR

« Reply #314 on: Friday, December 13, 2013, 21:38:38 »

He's not just going through a phase though is he? History points squarely at the fact that he's an out and out cunt.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: