Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nile Ranger signs  (Read 101646 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 10:53:04 »

Family club my arse.

Not critizing or 'owt but I don't get this family club stuff.

What makes us a family club? What do we do different to other clubs in this particular area to make us stand out?

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #181 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 11:09:04 »

Even if he scores 20 goals and gets us promotion he's still a loathesome little cunt I want nowhere near my club.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 11:12:25 »

I don't get people using the Rape charge as some sort of reason as to why the club will be dragged through the dirt?  

By association, he's going to be Swindon Town's Nile Ranger if he goes down. Fair or not that's the way it will be. And in all honesty we will have employed him in the knowledge this could happen. Lets hope not. I doubt the backlash will be that bad towards STFC on a national level.

As for the 'club must think he's innocent if they are employing him'. I think that its highly unlikely they have taken any other approach than innocent until proven guilty.

Sorry to pick on your post, but I disagree.

1. Opportunity for club to get good PR trying to reform a bad lad.
Still could backfire with any further trouble, could destabilise a young squad, we'll see.

2. If he goes down for rape then we lose nothing
Bad publicity, plus personally I'd feel very uneasy some of my season ticket  money paid a rapist.

3. If he gets suspended sentence we get press for rehab.
He's either innocent or going down.

4. If he scores lots of goals we do well.
Yes,  this is the upside if everything goes perfectly and he takes his chance.

5. If he does 4 then his value increases and we get big sell on.
He's on a years contract. Will we get a fee due to his age?

6. If he's a flop we drop him like a stone & he's out of football
Agreed.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 11:26:10 »

Daddy, Daddy can I have a tattoo on my face for Christmas and be a rapist when I grow up! Family club my arse.

Forget Nile Ranger....who wants to support a family club? Not me thanks....a modern invention to milk more money from fans....fuck off....

Clems Army!
Bert Heads head

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 11:33:20 »

Wikipedia is never wrong, and I suppose the long list of problems shown for Kemo Sabe seems pretty damning, doesn't it. But reading the reports on the beeb about the rape accusation, it says a woman complained of being raped at a hotel. At a hotel? Not in the park, or in a back alley, or on Mannington rec, but in a hotel. (A hotel is a place that has rooms with beds in them, mainly but not always for sleeping). (The Sun says "Ranger’s alleged victim claims she was attacked at a budget hotel in Jesmond, Newcastle." Not even a real hotel.)

Add to this the abnormally high energy levels of 22 year-olds, and their natural testosterone, the "rape" claim seems to be more like a case of someone trying it on and then having a change of mind. I'm not a lawyer, but he should get off, we get a few goals, and make a profit on a transfer fee if he keeps his nose clean.

He does seem to be a real dork though.....
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 11:57:39 »

Wikipedia is never wrong, and I suppose the long list of problems shown for Kemo Sabe seems pretty damning, doesn't it. But reading the reports on the beeb about the rape accusation, it says a woman complained of being raped at a hotel. At a hotel? Not in the park, or in a back alley, or on Mannington rec, but in a hotel. (A hotel is a place that has rooms with beds in them, mainly but not always for sleeping). (The Sun says "Ranger’s alleged victim claims she was attacked at a budget hotel in Jesmond, Newcastle." Not even a real hotel.)

Add to this the abnormally high energy levels of 22 year-olds, and their natural testosterone, the "rape" claim seems to be more like a case of someone trying it on and then having a change of mind. I'm not a lawyer, but he should get off, we get a few goals, and make a profit on a transfer fee if he keeps his nose clean.

That is quite an assumption to make. I accept the innocent until proven guilty argument, but there is a consistent thread of trouble around Ranger, whether that is a lack of respect, professionalism or a way of living that involves regular brushes with the law. He has had a second chance, post Southampton and Feltham. He has had 3rd, 4th and 5th chances at Newcastle. I'm very dissapointed he'll be wearing our shirt, but hope for him and for us that his days of trouble are behind him. There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that he will change though.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #186 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 12:06:33 »

If he's not guilty of the rape charge, gets his act together here and knuckles down and plays well for us I will be more than happy.

Can't really understand why Jed would sign him if he doesn't like criticism, it will be coming from all angles right now. Perhaps he was willing to stomach it, but I hope he doesn't whinge when he does get it.

Could turn out to be a really good signing. I'd imagine he's quite cheap, especially for someone who's been released from a Premiership club.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 12:18:55 »

Can't really understand why Jed would sign him if he doesn't like criticism, it will be coming from all angles right now. Perhaps he was willing to stomach it, but I hope he doesn't whinge when he does get it.

It's fairly clear that Jed enjoys the attention his role gives him.  I'm not sure he's particularly bothered whether it's negative or positive just as long as he's at the centre of it.  Next week's attention will shift to the confirmation of the managerial appointment and no doubt they'll be something else the week after that.

Levi lapper

« Reply #188 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 12:21:29 »

Fuck me I thought the dinosaurs had died out.

The defence of "it cant be Rape as it was in a hotel room" might prove to be unsuccessful.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 12:44:35 »

The club are within their rights to sign him.

I wish they hadn't. Current charge put to one side, this lad is trouble and I don't want any of my money ending up in his pocket. He has his fucking name tatooed on his face for fucks sake.

Edit: I've done some research and he has four league goals in 64 games, and more criminal convictions than career goals. Fucking splendid.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 12:58:21 by Nemo » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 14:00:54 »

I assume he is being paid peanuts as it's stated that he has taken a big cut to play for us and he was only on £3.5k a week at Newcastle.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #191 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 14:02:15 »

I assume he is being paid peanuts as it's stated that he has taken a big cut to play for us and he was only on £3.5k a week at Newcastle.

In one article it stated he was on £7k a week at Newcastle.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 14:11:34 »

Suppose depends which article you believe, I think the one I read was from December 2012 and suggested a weeks wage fine was £3.5k?  puts into perspective what we were paying someone of our players last year.

Don't understand the whole community/family club thing we are owned by people with no links to the community,  have few players with links to the community.  I suppose that our one opportunity is to bring football to the community but if that is the opportunity to engage and encourage the value of football then possibly employing a manager who has previously assaulted a referee wasn't the best approach.

Sorry Ranger is a state and comes across as a twat but some of the comments and outrage seem a little sanctimonious.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 16:38:40 »

In one article it stated he was on £7k a week at Newcastle.

About the going rate for a Premiership reserve team player,wouldn't suprise me one bit.
Probably got a juicy handshake on his early release from his contract also.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 01:03:35 »

blaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

« Last Edit: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 02:18:54 by mystical_goat » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: